removing radiator core support NEED HELP!!!!!

EGhatch2009

5+ Year Member
i need help removing my core support is there any link or something that shows me how 2 remove it....or any that has done it b4 that can explain 2 me how 2 remove....
thanks.....

eg eddie

project purp is under way
5+ Year Member
bro. i saw this post get no love for a long time. so i decided to ask someone that has done it. my buddy gary has a dc and he told me that there are welds that you have to get past and then get it professionally re-welded. sorry there's no easier way. GL

93Civic-Ex

**Rockin' The EJ**
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What is wrong with your core support? Is it not fixable? If it is bent a little you can straighten it out alot easier than replacing it...just my $.02 but we need more info as to whats wrong.

EGhatch2009

5+ Year Member
i was in a minor accident nd i tried 2 align da hood and da fender but it wont so my best way 2 fix that problem is 2 get a new rad support nd jzt needed sum info on how 2 remove da one thats on right now....

dookiehatch

5+ Year Member
hey man, i've done this a few times..theres 2 ways i know of....depending on how badly damaged the radiator support is, sometimes you can get away with replacing only a section of it......there is spot welds all over to hold it together, also it has a very strong seam seal type adhesive on it...you might be able to cut the damaged section, go to the junkyard and get just that section, hold it in place, measure from the passenger rear bolt on the fender to the driver front on both sides, if you have the same measurements you should be ok...if its just a gap between your fender and hood, you can make the holes on the fender bigger so you have more play and can move it sideways more, or if you have to remove the entire radiator support you can drill out the spot welds and use an air hammer to separate the two pieces of metal, pretty easy that way, sometimes i just cut, and measure exactly how much, than i cut a good replacement from the junkyard, bolt it in place temporarily, make sure everything lines up and weld it in place...just a few ideas...hope this helps...peace

eg eddie

project purp is under way
5+ Year Member
hey man, i've done this a few times..theres 2 ways i know of....depending on how badly damaged the radiator support is, sometimes you can get away with replacing only a section of it......there is spot welds all over to hold it together, also it has a very strong seam seal type adhesive on it...you might be able to cut the damaged section, go to the junkyard and get just that section, hold it in place, measure from the passenger rear bolt on the fender to the driver front on both sides, if you have the same measurements you should be ok...if its just a gap between your fender and hood, you can make the holes on the fender bigger so you have more play and can move it sideways more, or if you have to remove the entire radiator support you can drill out the spot welds and use an air hammer to separate the two pieces of metal, pretty easy that way, sometimes i just cut, and measure exactly how much, than i cut a good replacement from the junkyard, bolt it in place temporarily, make sure everything lines up and weld it in place...just a few ideas...hope this helps...peace

good advice. i just hope you have access to all the tools you need. you might want to take it to a specialty shop.

Teck95

5+ Year Member
im actually in the processes of doing this myself. just like he said above dril the spot welds and use an air chisle to seperate and then have a pro weld it in

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
a air drill and a air chisel is your best freind for this

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all you need is a drill and a bit that'll drill through metal..drill out all the spot welds and take off the 4 bolts holding it in from the front..thats all you have to do..as well as the 10mm bolts connecting it to the fender
if you have a Parts Channel local, get it from there.