Repainted/Remodeled Si Style Grill

B16Ferio

5+ Year Member
How do you figure? Makes 0 cents
Aside from it being a different year and a sedan, it has the same motor and all of the parts I put into my car, fit into a 2000 Si. What sets an Si apart from a regular coupe? The motor, and some slight interior adjustments. I have the motor, just not 2 doors or the interior difference. Plus my car has walked Si's before so i should call it an Super-Si :]

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
And this was an OEM Si grill. I just painted it and added the Si emblem to match my car.
You have a 96-98 front end so it's not an OEM Si grill, they only made them in 99-00. It looks good paint matched though, it drives me crazy when people don't paint them.

B16Ferio

5+ Year Member
You have a 96-98 front end so it's not an OEM Si grill, they only made them in 99-00. It looks good paint matched though, it drives me crazy when people don't paint them.
Yeah I didn't read my comment before I left it. I meant OEM Si Style grill. Watch my video, I think I said it right in that. And thanks!

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah I didn't read my comment before I left it. I meant OEM Si Style grill. Watch my video, I think I said it right in that. And thanks!
Bam, as I previously stated it wasn't and OEM grill. As for faster than an SI not possible, you are heavier than a SI even if you have interior mods (who knows what that is lol) so nice try but hey the paint looks good, should buff it though looked like some slight orange peel.

B16Ferio

5+ Year Member
Bam, as I previously stated it wasn't and OEM grill. As for faster than an SI not possible, you are heavier than a SI even if you have interior mods (who knows what that is lol) so nice try but hey the paint looks good, should buff it though looked like some slight orange peel.
It was an OEM grill, just not for an Si. And my car is actually about 200lbs lighter than a 2000 civic si stock for stock. Plus my car is gutted so there's another 70 pounds or so. And I've beaten enough Si's to know that mine is faster. I've beaten 06'-11' Si's before too. And it could just be the lighting but in the sun you can't see any orange tint.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OEM si grill would be better
Bam, as I previously stated it wasn't and OEM grill.
What are you suggesting? He gets a part that doesn't exist?

As for faster than an SI not possible, you are heavier than a SI even if you have interior mods
A sedan is only 60lbs heavier than a coupe in comparable trim levels and he doesn't have the sunroof that an Si does which probably weighs more than 60lbs.

dck1ng69

5+ Year Member
The si weighs 2-300 pounds heavier stock for stock than the 4 door...so 4 door=faster and the the 4 door is more rigid than the si, so throw down some cash on the suspension/brakes and you'll be golden :D

B16Ferio

5+ Year Member
The si weighs 2-300 pounds heavier stock for stock than the 4 door...so 4 door=faster and the the 4 door is more rigid than the si, so throw down some cash on the suspension/brakes and you'll be golden :D
My car is sittin pretty low already hahaha, But I also have a full exhaust, cold air intake, stage 2 competition clutch, and Hasport 70A motormounts. It's not a bad setup!

B16Ferio

5+ Year Member
What are you suggesting? He gets a part that doesn't exist?

A sedan is only 60lbs heavier than a coupe in comparable trim levels and he doesn't have the sunroof that an Si does which probably weighs more than 60lbs.
My sedan stock for stock is actually 200lbs lighter than the Si coupe. Plus im gutted so there's another 70lbs.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Orange peel is a texture not a color...

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
And ur car was lighter until u put that b16 in it...

B16Ferio

5+ Year Member
And ur car was lighter until u put that b16 in it...
The b16 only weighs about 70lbs more than the old motor. Stock my car weighs in at 2387. so about 2460, plus its gutted so roughly 2400lbs. which is still 200lbs lighter than a stock si.

Ant408

Cruising In My Ej8
Registered VIP
I like the grill now get some si wheels and 99-00 front end and you got a si sedan