Replace ECU, Civic 1.8s

Magickc

Good pm. Our mechanic said we need to replace the computerbox since we couldn't start our car for months now. Can I ask you guys to help us with our problem? Thanks. Hope to hear from you the soonest time. God bless.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So what is the problem? Did the mechanic tell you the ECU was damaged or burnt out? An ECU does not go bad just from being unused for a while.

Magickc

So what is the problem? Did the mechanic tell you the ECU was damaged or burnt out? An ECU does not go bad just from being unused for a while.

Hi! Good morning. I hope i can relate a short detail about our car. We bought this car from my brother-in-law who claimed that before he sold it to us, he replaced the computer box with a brand new one with Honda Dagupan. It was doing well then that was in 2013. After a year, we experienced an intermittent start up so we brought it to Shell car care. They said it was because of the alarm system. They fixed it and was running well. After a couple of months, we can not start it. Another mechanic was recommended and he changed the crank sensor and did some rewiring. We were able to use it for almost 5 months only. Because of some financial constraints, we did not have it seen by a mechanic since October 2015, so it was stuck up for months now. A month ago, we had it checked by another mechanic and he said the computer box is already damaged and there is no way to repair it. He suggested a replacement and offered us a surplus which cost 11k plus his fee of 3k. Is this ok? Thanks once more.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Those rates are insane if that's in US dollars. Are you in another country?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Guys, it's pretty obvious he's not from the US :lol:

(hint: location: Las Pinas City)

$230 and $62 USD, which sounds just about right.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good day! I'm from the Philippines. Those rates are in Philippine Peso.
Ah. Well, keep in mind for future posts that where you are cannot be seen in mobile view as many members tend to view the forum.