Rice or Nice? (Pictures)

bobby2552

Respected
What do you guys think about this? Is it ricey?

Sent from my Nexus 6P | 1999 Honda Civic DX Sedan

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you're asking for personal opinion... yes.

But my opinion is not your opinion. If you like it, go for it.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It looks really tacky and cheap.

jackdog1

Garish. Nobody (except you obviously) puts LED lighting strips on the outside. Those are made for inside/under parts of your car for a subtle glow instead of headache-inducing glare.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Garish. Nobody (except you obviously) puts LED lighting strips on the outside.
Though not on the outside of the car, seems to be the new thing for the newest cars as many have these "strips" around the headlights.
Looks tacky on new cars and is a bit distracting.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes, that is ridiculously ricey. Its also done poorly, what with obvious gaps on the headlights depicting 2 separate pieces. I can only imagine how much worse it looks in the day time.

My personal rule is if you cant make it appear like a potential factory option then it shouldnt be done.

itzrivera

Garish. Nobody (except you obviously) puts LED lighting strips on the outside. Those are made for inside/under parts of your car for a subtle glow instead of headache-inducing glare.
Nah, I've actually seen the redneck folk around my parts with leds on the front grill of their jeeps. Nice way to blind oncoming traffic. Although, they prob need that corny s**t for when they drive into puddles of mud lol

bobby2552

Respected
What do you guys think about my interior? Since then I installed a red backlit radio.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like the ambient floor lighting, maybe wire it so it comes on when you open the door? I would maybe add a strip around the pocket/ cup holder area. Would be nice to see down there at night if you utilize that area.

Last edited:

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That's not rice , that's f**king gay...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobby2552

Respected
I like the ambient floor lighting, maybe wire it so it comes on when you open the door? I would maybe add a strip around the pocket/ cup holder area. Would be nice to see down there at night if you utilize that area.
Interesting idea. Right now I have a little remote to control color, brightness, etc. I probably will do the cupholder thing. Sounds nifty.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The floor lighting is nice, especially if you drop something down there at night.
The cup holder lighting is just another one of those places where it would be nice to have a low output, ambient light down there to illuminate that area, if you do use it.

The exterior LED light strips look horrid though.