RIP..the death of my beloved SI

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
He said earlier in the thread that his engine is tilted from the wreck. :( (Just like the motor that was in my '97 EJ8... I need to find that damn list of all that was totalled on it!) Without the engine and such being in decent condition I'm not sure how goo0d of a deal it will end up being to buy it back. The insurance company should give you a price though and you should get first dibs too.

tricked_civic

5+ Year Member
man sorry to see this car that was a sweet ride but i am reading the posts and with some of the other accidents like the one i was in less then a year ago that bent the body in half and cause 4 grand worth of damage and my car wasn't totaled the insurance and body told me that the damage would have to exceed 75% or more of the value of the car for it to be totaled however i am from louisiana and with insurance these days no telling what is being changed cause i am seeing insurance spikes here already cause of the hurricane BS but anyway good luck with the car

twistedtuner76

Aluminum Member(Recycled)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
man...that sux big time, always liked your ride, sorry to see it go but good thing you're ok and everything. Don't overlook the little aches and pains as they may develop into major problems down the line.
Better safe than sorry, get the xrays!!! Run out there and rip the cat off real quick for me....you know I'm still lookin' for one. lol
Anyways...let us know what you got planned for the future, later

zoops

Autocross whore
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:(

-1 Ebp

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah im not sure the engine is in good condition..or the tranny..the shifter inside of my car is pretty messed up..it on neutral but the shifter is like it were to shift into 5th gear..Thanks for the replies..also the estimator said that they would go for the N.a.d.a value? is that bad or good?

b16CIVICSI

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So is insurance going to give you money for the stuff you put into it like the headlights?

K2_civic

Fo-drizzle!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
krazyblonde said:
duno about the air bags but i hit a guy well he hit me well we hit each other his fault but i was going like 45 and mine didnt go off
Ever think that maybe its a good thing that your airbags didn't go off? I mean you are both alive and well, and I dont want to sound like I think airbags are wrong, but sometimes maybe its better to not get hit 200mph it the face with something? Just my opinion and we all know that there is so much math and science that goes into those things, that they know when and when not to work. Overall, I am glad that you are both ok and I think its best that the airbags didn't go off, cause that could have left you in even more pain

Sorry about the ride, I rearended a big truck one time, because he brake checked me and i was following too close, needless to say it was my fault but I still think they are dangerous

soswank

Dentist in the making
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sorry to hear about your loss. not to sound like an ass, but i can i have the passenger fender liner and washer nozzles? pm me with your price for both. my zip is 89108.

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok so the insurance called and said that the car is valued at $11,024.93...minus the $4472 that i still owed on it...so that leaves me with around $6500...so i feel like i'm getting ripped? any comments or ideas??
also would i get any money from my insurance?? they only send me a letter in which i have to write and draw how the accident happened...

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's fair. And I dont' think you're going to need to get anynmore money frm your insurance. I've never been in a two car accident though (that required insurance to be contacted).

b16CIVICSI

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
LatinEM1 said:
Ok so the insurance called and said that the car is valued at $11,024.93...minus the $4472 that i still owed on it...so that leaves me with around $6500...so i feel like i'm getting ripped? any comments or ideas??
also would i get any money from my insurance?? they only send me a letter in which i have to write and draw how the accident happened...
well how much money have you put into it? and are they giving you money for the exterior parts you put on it like the headlights. But I think the car value is just about right depending on how much you bought it for... just curious how many miles did your car have on it?

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b16CIVICSI said:
well how much money have you put into it? and are they giving you money for the exterior parts you put on it like the headlights. But I think the car value is just about right depending on how much you bought it for... just curious how many miles did your car have on it?
it only had 83k...not sure if they are including my hid retro...:???:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Maybe they'lll give you a sheet showing what was totalled like they did for my car. It was like 8 pages long of small text with values next to it.

Blk05Civic

Reppin HX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:( ur car inspired me to get gsr blades...and i did...damn bro hope ur neck gets better and everything works out. you can always get another SI but not another neck or spinal cord.

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blk05Civic said:
:( ur car inspired me to get gsr blades...and i did...damn bro hope ur neck gets better and everything works out. you can always get another SI but not another neck or spinal cord.
true man..I'm better now...so thanks...still rideless tho :???: