Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Never had problems with rotas other than the fact that people pick the same tired designs when there are so many to choose from.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They're good daily / winter wheels, I'll give them that. The quality has gotten a lot better since they started too. Too bad the market is now saturated with knockoffs of knockoffs of knockoffs. :|

Sad when Rota's are quality compared to other stuff.

ej2rey

No Boost! No Life!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i laugh at tha foos that say rotas suck. my friend n i bought our rums around tha same time. he gots bank i dont. he bought himself sum brand spanking new volks n i bought tha rota gt3's i have now(used). i still have mine n still rolling his are at his pad cracked catching dust waiting to get them fixed. who has tha last laugh now.

grids ftw! 17" suck ass

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^^it's grid dude not grind lol

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i laugh at tha foos that say rotas suck. my friend n i bought our rums around tha same time. he gots bank i dont. he bought himself sum brand spanking new volks n i bought tha rota gt3's i have now(used). i still have mine n still rolling his are at his pad cracked catching dust waiting to get them fixed. who has tha last laugh now.

grids ftw! 17" suck ass
You only have the last laugh because your friend drives like a douchebag. Do you think that your cast GT3's are invincible or something?

That damage that caused a crack on a forged Volk TE-37 would do a sight worse on a cast Rota Grid.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have rota slips (yea i know real original) cause im still in college and im on a budget, and i think they look pretty good on my hatch. i also think they're great for what i use them for (minor bolt ons, street driving, spirited driving, occasional track, occasional autocross)
the guy i bought em from used em on his bmw e30 circuit car, and they were in great condition when i bought them. he said he even used them as his burnout wheels :what:

ej2rey

No Boost! No Life!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You only have the last laugh because your friend drives like a douchebag. Do you think that your cast GT3's are invincible or something?

That damage that caused a crack on a forged Volk TE-37 would do a sight worse on a cast Rota Grid.
no. do not think my gt3's are invincible. cant say tha same for foos that be buying 1200-1800 dollar rims tho. now they think their s**t are invincible only cus they paid 3 times more than what others can afford. ridiculous!

btw. my friend lives in landcaster cali where tha street are as smooth as ice. he babies his s**t more than i ever will. so my point is no matter if $400 or $1200 they both can get f**ked up.
n yes a cracked like he got his wheels might do worst on my gt3's but see mine has not even come close to cracking. n trust i get sum f**ked up bumps n potholes. in la they are hard to avoid. they are everywhere.

so again, still have the last laugh

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A Gabs Sport / GT3 is also a much more solid wheel design than a TE37 / Grid. Have to take strcture into account here. You can't say you have the last laugh because the situations are not identical, and neither are the variables.

So laugh if you want to, but you're laughing alone.

ej2rey

No Boost! No Life!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A Gabs Sport / GT3 is also a much more solid wheel design than a TE37 / Grid. Have to take strcture into account here. You can't say you have the last laugh because the situations are not identical, and neither are the variables.

So laugh if you want to, but you're laughing alone.
u said it. so y pay tha extra couple of hundred then?

n what u think tha percentage of ppl that have rotas from tha ppl that actually have "real" wheels is?
i put my money that more than half of the ppl on this site sport knock off wheels.

so am pretty sure theyll b laughing with me bro.

n i just want to say i got nothing against tha ppl that sport tha real s**t but y got to knock tha budget build tho.
not all budget parts(wheels) are s**t.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I didn't say they were s**t. No disrespect on anybody for putting whatever part they want on.

I just find it funny that you're laughing at your friend for breaking his wheels, thinking somehow you came out on top, that you "won" compared to him.

He had the scratch to buy real wheel in the first place, so sounds like he's the winner.

ej2rey

No Boost! No Life!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I didn't say they were s**t. No disrespect on anybody for putting whatever part they want on.

I just find it funny that you're laughing at your friend for breaking his wheels, thinking somehow you came out on top, that you "won" compared to him.

He had the scratch to buy real wheel in the first place, so sounds like he's the winner.
point exactly y i laugh. bcus he talked s**t bout rotas when he had the green to throw away on $1200+ wheels n i can only afford rotas.

he spent more money on wheels that he cant even roll on anymore n am stuck with my "cheap" rotas that i still roll on n work perfectly fine and i spent less than half of what i paid.
so no i dont think i came out on top i know i did.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I find it funny that MOST people that talk s**t about Rota and other knockoff wheel brands only say that because they NOW purchase real deal stuff only after years of going through different sets of wheels. Don't even lie... not everyone starts out buying BBS or Volk. I find it pretty hypocritical to jump ship and make fun of someone who is doing the same thing you did earlier.

:twocents:

ej2rey

No Boost! No Life!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I find it funny that MOST people that talk s**t about Rota and other knockoff wheel brands only say that because they NOW purchase real deal stuff only after years of going through different sets of wheels. Don't even lie... not everyone starts out buying BBS or Volk. I find it pretty hypocritical to jump ship and make fun of someone who is doing the same thing you did earlier.

:twocents:
thank u very mutha f**ken much bro!
said n done.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
but its like comparing apples to oranges.
real wheels are engineering in better was like forging.
replicas are not, we all know that. its more like, why
bash on the obvious. Money does play a huge factor,
some have it some don't. or some rather invest in different
ways.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not just that, but its like comparing apples to oranges.
ways.

Also keep in mind that most authentic/discontinued wheels are pushing (if not over) 10+ years, and look how well they held up. You just can't get that kind of quality with the replica wheels they produce now.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Also keep in mind that most authentic/discontinued wheels are pushing (if not over) 10+ years, and look how well they held up. You just can't get that kind of quality with the replica wheels they produce now.
duh.

but its like comparing apples to oranges
ways.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No, it's like comparing apples to Apple-O's. It's not like they're different wheels or different designs. One is just a cheap replica.