Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No, it's like comparing apples to Apple-O's. It's not like they're different wheels or different designs. One is just a cheap replica.
design and shape might look the same, but the manufacturing/engineering process they go through is different.
come on, your a "real" wheel guy,you should know this.

to make the replicas they mold over the real part and or scan the real wheel with 3d digitizer and work from there, create a master tool, pour/inject aluminum and cast a wheel. the real part gets designed from a blank piece of paper. so, why would you even compare the two, other then they "look" the same. and not just that, but why even talk s**t? lol that's what i really don't get about some of you car "enthusiast"

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Because they're a comparable item. They look the same, function the same (in that they both bolt on and roll with a tire on), they come in similar colors, offsets, PCD, width, face size, etc.

It's not like we're comparing two completely different things here (such as apples and oranges). We are comparing a wheel and it's dopelganger ... however poorly manufactured that dopelganger is.

Seriously, your argument is like saying we can't compare Coor's Light to Lost Coast Great White .... just because one is mass-produced swill and the other is lovingly crafted by hand in a small brewery.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Because they're a comparable item. They look the same, function the same (in that they both bolt on and roll with a tire on), they come in similar colors, offsets, PCD, width, face size, etc.

It's not like we're comparing two completely different things here (such as apples and oranges). We are comparing a wheel and it's dopelganger ... however poorly manufactured that dopelganger is.

Seriously, your argument is like saying we can't compare Coor's Light to Lost Coast Great White .... just because one is mass-produced swill and the other is lovingly crafted by hand in a small brewery.
guy,

leave the abvious behind. They look the same, function the same (in that they both bolt on and roll with a tire on), they come in similar colors, offsets, PCD, width, face size, etc.

yes, it is like comparing two different things. they're manufacutring/engineering process is what makes them different, not just that, but thats what also put their price tag on them.

an appple is a little harder to bite into then what an orange is. its ok if you dont get my apple/orange comparison.

i just dont understand why you talk s**t about rota, if you personally know that its a "dopelganger".. its like :what: or maybe it has to with what someone previsouly post about NOW being able to afford "real" wheels.

your proud of your bbs wheels because you think they CAN compare to rotas, based on abvoious things
They look the same, function the same (in that they both bolt on and roll with a tire on), they come in similar colors, offsets, PCD, width, face size, etc.
When in reality you should't be comaparing the two and if you knew anything about manufacturing/engineering you would slap yourself, and whats more funny is that you hold your head up high and talk s**t,lol

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow. So you think that because one wheel is cast and the other is forged, they're suddenly beyond reproach? And you think I need to get my head out of my ass.

You're overcomplicating the entire equation, and enforcing trivial rules just to prove your point. You're grasping at staws, and it's frankly pathetic. I understand how wheels are manufactured, it's not a tough concept. Just because one wheel is forged and another is cast does not mean they're not both wheels.

There are real-deal wheels that are cast. There are knockoffs that are forged. They could be made of rice paper ... but it's still a wheel for a car. Maybe next, you'd like to tell me it's unfair to compare a Mugen MF10L to an SSR Type C because the latter uses semi-solid forging instead of cold forging. :roll:

And by the way, I talk s**t about Rotas because I dislike fake parts. That doesn't mean anyone has to take stock in what I do and do not want for my car. I won't talk s**t to anyone for buying Rotas, but I do believe if you look for deals, you can get what you want for a similar price. Both my Starks and my BBS's cost me just as much as a set of Rotas would.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when people talk s**t about rotas, i doi understand where they're coming from on the most part, because replicas do effect business for the "real" wheel companies im sure. i would love to get real wheels, just cant afford them at the moment so im gonna buy some cheaper wheels cause im on a budget. i just feel like the majority of people that bash on rotas are just kinda hoppin on the bandwagon. and i think shinsentuner is right, i bet most people who have "real" wheels now did have replicas sometime down the road.
when people with real wheels talk s**t about people with rotas its almost like a dude with an ep3 hatch talking s**t about me with my ek hatch cause his is faster. i say who cares? i like my hatch better then the ep3 for reasons not involving power and acceleration. just like rotas, i currently like them better then "real" wheels right now cause i can afford them, and they are great for what i use them for.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have never had a knockoff wheel. I have had shitty spraypainted 13" Eagle's though. :lol:

I did at one point want Rotas, but bought OEM wheels instead. After that, I bided my time with an intent to buy something better. My Starks came along at a very REASONABLE price and I hopped on it. They were a unique quality wheel -- and while a little used, they fit the bill.

My opinion of Rotas, and honestly all knockoff parts (I've had my share) is pretty simple:

You'll either grow out of them and regret the money spent, or you'll grow out of the game all together.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
guy,

leave the abvious behind. They look the same, function the same (in that they both bolt on and roll with a tire on), they come in similar colors, offsets, PCD, width, face size, etc.

yes, it is like comparing two different things. they're manufacutring/engineering process is what makes them different, not just that, but thats what also put their price tag on them.

an appple is a little harder to bite into then what an orange is. its ok if you dont get my apple/orange comparison.

i just dont understand why you talk s**t about rota, if you personally know that its a "dopelganger".. its like :what: or maybe it has to with what someone previsouly post about NOW being able to afford "real" wheels.

your proud of your bbs wheels because you think they CAN compare to rotas, based on abvoious things
They look the same, function the same (in that they both bolt on and roll with a tire on), they come in similar colors, offsets, PCD, width, face size, etc.
When in reality you should't be comaparing the two and if you knew anything about manufacturing/engineering you would slap yourself, and whats more funny is that you hold your head up high and talk s**t,lol

FYI most authentics are not forged. Your point is biased so I would prefer you stop trying to validate your opinions as a fact.