Rust! Any idea how to fix?

iamproctor

Hey everyone! So it seems I've held onto my 99 civic ek hatch for way to long! The car is rust free except for the passenger rear quarter. Any idea how much I would be looking t cut this out and replace it? Just make it pretty again. I've had this car for years I just wanna keep her forever at this point drives amazing! If I have to spend a bit fixing it I'll honestly probably do it the car has never had an issue except muffler falling off lol! I have two civics but this is my favourite any help is super appreciated j

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Probably looking at $3-5,000 minimum to buy a replacement panel, cut it out, weld it in, prep and paint it and blend the paint. That's just a guess, you need to call around to your local body shops.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That quarter panel is shot to hell, but I wouldnt go as high as $3k-$5k like MC360 quoted. Maybe $1000-$1300 to have it done right by a shop, but it depends on your area as well. Maybe MC360s area is a pricey one. They should be able to cut you a break if you cut off the rusted area yourself and prep it a bit for them. Visit a few and ask.

iamproctor

Ya I gotta figure something out I was looking to spend in the thousand dollar range

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

TS2008

Make sure they paint or rustproof also inside the panel, especially at the welded area.

Joe Mason

Respected
Registered VIP
It has to be cut out. If you can find a donor panel off a wreck or something that would be a good start. But yeah, as stated above, it's not cheap to have someone do that work for you. If you did as much prep as you could and just paid for the welding that's the route I would go.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Years ago, I had someone locally cut out the rust in my car. We agreed to $300 for him to cut out and replace it. Primed it myself and had it painted along with the rest of the car.

If you have it cut out, make sure it's ALL cut out. If you leave any rust there, it will just spread again.

Attachments

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
You can have that job done for under $1000 easily. Just shop around reputable places.