sacramento bars, sf bars etc

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you kids ready for the sac area bars list from a real lush?

first melt its called shakers---if you wanna get mean mugged all night xtina and mat go there. i dont think you guys would like that place.

2. bennies its on r or s in the mid 20's college bar cheaper drinks. only take cash
3. press club same idea all the bars i go to are all kinda layed back kinda punkish kids goin to em but you and matt will be fine. press club has lots of cult beers like P.B.R. high life adn so on. only take cash
4. old tavern: only take cash and have tons of good bartenders and drinks are strong also on a side note have a cat that lives in the bar.
5. old iron sides.... didnt like that place much ratty hole in the wall but the exterior brick work is cool.
6. in citrus heights--fire escape good drinks on thursdays-$1 jack coke kamicazies, adn sex on the beach and on i think tuesday its $3 you call its on anything.
7. the park= teh suxorz gay $15 cover and hella expensive weak drinks.
my fav down town area is on 57 and J called sweet water its a resturant by day and bar at late night its good fun there college kids and adults alike. i would recomend this bar to anyone. one of the owners is a close friend and i know a lot of the staff go there.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
more to mide just now.
1. lime light has a card room and highlife college type bar its under the big water tower that has a blue thing in it and on 30? and J
2. blue lamp is cool good drinks there too.
3. pinecove tavern hella good drinks there great nightly specials and monday is movie night every night you get free popcorn. on i and 29? its right off the freeway.
4. the blue cue. kinda too upscale for me. people go in wearing a polo minium and i dont like the atmosphere lost of pool tables tho. is on j right off the freeway too
5. in old roseville the onix-new owner pops off all the time and great dirnks cuz its new
6. the troc. or trocadaro next to the onix good drinks its a dive but good place to go.
7. a rougher crowd is at the owl in old rosville next to the onix as well good beer prices.
8. my personal fav---rebounds next to my front door. thurs and sat night going down big.
i will keep new bars going up all the time. i can never remember the addie cuz i am always buzzed and cant seem to retain those things very well lol...................

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
;) and this is in the last 6 months that i have been to all these bars lol........

flora

toaster oven
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol damn tom. we live just down the street from...most those places ;) press club is really close by. if you're in the area, hit us up!

aki: i got my logitech mouse! the one that fits "to the contours of you hands" hehe. <3 I also ended up getting something that plays my mp3 player :D fun fun fun!

flora

toaster oven
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh yeah--hey daniel. i'm looking at these :P

- Apple iPod USB Power Adapter -or- Griffin PowerDuo Charging Kit for iPod (kinda pricey tho--is this even an apple item? it was at the apple store)
- iSkin Chill Pack for 2nd Generation iPod nano (Purple/Blue/Clear Frosted) [or the one with black. hehe]
- some armband thing for jogging. the grey one, accoding to a reviewer, said that it didn't fit the new nanos (it was loose since it's a tad smaller than the old nanos)

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i had an ergonomic logitech mouse. love them. :D love love. the logitech we have on our desktop is still running on its original batteries, and it's over two years old. it's kinda ugly 'cuz it has worn spots, but it still works really well. :D

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol this is a drunken thread not a mouse ridden thread. boo!

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
buzzbombtom said:
lol this is a drunken thread not a mouse ridden thread. boo!
not like this forum couldn't use all the posts it can get. :D

happy hour, ftw! i have no life. i'll be sitting here doing about the same thing i am now tonight.... and all weekend....

flora

toaster oven
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ditto to aki. (i know, i call you aki instead of akia or anything else. sue me!). poor forum needs all the posts it can get. if you look though, our forum still has the most posts out of all the regional forums. :D

here's what i got:

and

i'm a logitech whore! :D

aw, let's do happy hour some time! :D

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wired! wired? why wired?

hey, aki is totally fine. you know when like schools and financial institutions ask for your email address? heh.. that's entertaining.. "aki... whaa...?" :lol:

that ipod thing is spiffy. :P i hope yours is all black 'cuz that's sweet. :D

happy hour, ftw! or any hour, really... me and my antisocial husband need to get out more often. :D

flora

toaster oven
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
aw! lol. i get out plenty but my bf could use some socializing instead of ffxii lol ;) jk! we'll plan something sometime =)

wired=cheaper haha. it fits so well tho! actually, knowing me i'd probably lose the mouse since it's not attached to anything. it's quite sad.

and yes, i got hte black one. i <3 black. my car's black too. :D

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
black, ftw! i like my silver one... it doesn't show all this nasty pollen s**t as bad. :lol:

FFXII ftmfl. >.<

ah! i haven't had a wired mouse in for freaking ever. nice not to have to worry about batteries though. :D

thisizbrian

Vrooom...GOT NOS?!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
flora said:
Hey, sac peeps (or people who frequent the sac area):

We just moved to midtown, and while I'm pretty famiiar with the area, I want to get to know the bar scene down here.

no clubs! (unless it's free cover and there is an amazing bar that's hella cheap)

Bar name
atmosphere

The ones I like are

The Mercantile
20th and capitol
cheap ass well drinks ($2.50)
gay bar (not pretentious)--defintely not somewhere you dress up for--but you can, in drag. ;)

the flame club
16th & S
hellla cheap drinks--strong, too ($2.25 well)
veerrrrrry dank and rank. people smoking pot out in the gravel parking lot, small and stinky. but you get trashed!

hangar 17
17th and r (?)
mid range--well drinks were $5-6. well drinks are made of pretty good liquioe though--skyy vdoka, etc. no beers on tap though :( only bottle

monkey bar
j&28 (or around there)
mid - 6ish?
kind of the frat crowd sometimes. you get a mixed crowd but it tends to be college people.

ink
27th & n
mid--great martini list
the place is cool- the evenings there is a dj spinnin. good food list, too (restuarant with a bar). they are open late. the walls are decorated in "ink" or tatoo -like drawings. very fun. great calamari.

Also looking into cool places to hang out in san francisco--nice places and cheap places. anyone?
one thing i do miss about downtown sac is going to monky bar and than eating mac n cheese at Ink.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
did christina call herself a whore lol ;) if i said zebra (cant remember) hold onto your dirnks as i found out its the daterape central for sac....word of mouth tho. i like that bar but i am a guy and i dont have to worry about that.

sokenciviceg9

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i live also in midtown along with rice4brains/justin and we always at golden bear..

actually here is goes

Golden Bear
24th and K street

when weather gets warmer
Beachhut
J street between 24th and 25th
5 dollar liters at happy hour

capital garage is aiet

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
it's my husbands birthday tomorrow... i don't think we're going out but i'd like to. :(

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
justin lives in midtown? He used to live in south sac about a mile down from accordztech

flora

toaster oven
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Akiahara96 said:
it's my husbands birthday tomorrow... i don't think we're going out but i'd like to. :(
aw, you guys should go out! =) it's fun to get ready to go out and dine out. i love eating in restaruants (and at home, and at someone else's home, etc etc)

i won a gift certficate to murphy's ca (gold county of cali) and we got to tay at the murphy's hotel, hella wine tasting (i felt like throwing up at one point haha), and basically "free" lunch, dinner, and breakfast.

melt: yeah, justin moved outta that old place and lives down here.

the beach hut=hella bomb sandwiches. mm mm yum.