safe psi range for d15b stock internals, no ic, no bov.

ej8_st

The vid is outside the car, in a garage which amplifies all the noise.....

What do you mean, the BOV doesn't go on the turbo.....

You are very VERY far from understanding how a turbocharger system works and what is needed and what your car car do. Just google turbo builds, there are thousands now. Keep reading and reading before you spend money on anything. Do NOT buy that junk ass 15g setup, you realize there are no replacement parts for that damn thing right? Greddy/Trust went bankrupt like 5 years ago....

yay 666 posts lol
i just dont know safety measures and specs and limits etc.

Trekk

Registered VIP
I'd get a bov before an intercooler IMO. Best way to kill 2 birds with one stone is get one of those cxracing intercooler/bov/piping kits for the car. It may not fit 100% but it should be easy to rig up.

The 15g kit isn't bad. It can make a little over 200whp which is more then the stock motor can take anyways. Clearly if you have plans for a full build with a 300+ Whp goal the Greddy kit is a bad choice.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i know how a turbocharger works. turbo sucks in air goes through intercooler goes through bov goes into IM then engine. that 15g kit's intercooler upgrade kit doesnt have a bov flange that connects the intercooler and the throttle body.
Get new charge piping then. Or, I'm sure you can find someone who can weld / tig weld (if aluminum) the flange for whatever BOV you choose on the piping you have. You want it close to the TB.

A BOV is very important as it will prevent pressure surge.

I wouldn't go more than 6 PSI without an intercooler, but even at the tiniest amount of boost I still recommend one. You don't want detonation.

Last edited: