Not open for further replies.

wtfh4xx

1337 Gold Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
SALEEN NOW SUCKS.

I think they have official dishonored their name by doing this:
http://www.saleen.com/n2o_s121.htm

I saw it driving around town... Looks fast but for 26k it sucks ass. I mean my 4k civic can beat it if it doesnt use its N20... gimme a f**king break...

http://www.saleen.com/n2o_focus_performance.htm

SPECIFICATIONS 2005 SALEEN N20 Focus

GENERAL
N20 Focus
Curb Weight, lb. est 2700
Weight Distribution, F/R 61/39
Fuel Capacity, gal. 14.5
Wheelbase, in. 103.0
Track, F/R 58.8/58.5
Width 67.0
Length 168.1
Height 54.7
Trunk Space, cubic ft. 18.6

ENGINE
Type 2.0L, 4V, DOHC I-4
Bore and Stroke 3.34 in. x 3.46 in.
Displacement 2.0L, 121 cu in..
Exhaust System Saleen Performance Center Exhaust system
Horsepower 150 bhp @ 5750 rpm (225 bhp with nitrous)
Torque 150 lb-ft @ 4250 rpm (250 lb-ft with nitrous)
Fuel Premium Unleaded 91 Octane Recommended for use with Nitrous
Nitrous Ready Direct Port Nitrous 75-hp Wet System with 10-lb Nitrous Bottle

DRIVETRAIN
Transmission 5-Sp M
Differential Ratio 3.82

SUSPENSION
Front MacPherson and lower A-Arm with Saleen Racecraft system, including N2 struts, coil springs, 0.87-in. stabilizer (anti-roll) bar with urethane pivot bushings, specially calibrated suspension settings and strut tower brace

Rear Control Blade multilink independent with Saleen Racecraft System, including Saleen N2 Racecraft shocks, coil spings, 0.98-in. stabilizer (anti-roll) bar with urethane pivot bushings and links
BRAKES
Power 4-Wheel ABS Brakes ABS Optional
10.9-in.Vented Disc (Front) Standard
8.0 x 1.5-in. Drum (Rear) Standard
Saleen 12.0-in. Vented and Slotted Discs with
4-Piston Calipers (Front) Optional

WHEELS AND TIRES
Saleen Aluminum Alloy Wheels
17 in. x 7 in. Front Standard
17 in. x 7 in. Rear Standard
High-Performance Pirelli
P215/40ZR17 (Front) Standard
P215/40ZR17 (Rear) Standard
Extreme-Performance Pirelli Corsa
P215/45ZR17 (Front) Optional
P215/45ZR17 (Rear) Optional

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
a juiced car with a warranty and saleen parts........

i likey

wtfh4xx

1337 Gold Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
1. Its a ford...

2. Its a ford...

3. Its only got 145BHP. (They market it with 225-250bhp becuase they did it in a test with N20 and nearly blew the engine, But since they did it they can market it...)

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
1. Its a ford...

2. Its a ford...

3. Its only got 145BHP. (They market it with 225-250bhp becuase they did it in a test with N20 and nearly blew the engine, But since they did it they can market it...)
ford is fine

they didnt nearly blow the motor and its equipped with nitrous from the factory

i like it quite a bit

wtfh4xx

1337 Gold Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
THen go drive it and be embarrased when someone who bought a 4k car decides to run N20 for an additional 500 and their 4500 car whips your 28-29k cars ass.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
THen go drive it and be embarrased when someone who bought a 4k car decides to run N20 for an additional 500 and their 4500 car whips your 28-29k cars ass.
But my car has a warranty in case something goes wrong, they don't.

I love that car, if I had the money I'd get one.

That's just sexy.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
1. Its a ford...

2. Its a ford...

Also, in case your too stupid to know, Saleen has always used Ford cars as their starting point.
So your first 2 reasons why this cars, means that any other Saleen Car & Truck sucks.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Interesting idea, looks better than your average focus (kinda, but thats like saying vomit looks better than s**t) but I don't really like focus's, or nitrous, so not for me.

I like how they list a honda civic si doing 0-60 in 7.7 and the quarter in 15.7 and the rsx-s doing the same quarter mile with a 6.8 0-60 :wtf: But I'm sure most focus owners won't think twice...OOO, NOS :thumbs up :lol:

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
it comes with n2o? that means its not street legal... unless its unhooked... wtf is the point?

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
it comes with n2o? that means its not street legal... unless its unhooked... wtf is the point?
Since it came from the Factory wth N2O, it's street legal, but of course, it's only for Off-Road Use only :lol:

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Since it came from the Factory wth N2O, it's street legal, but of course, it's only for Off-Road Use only :lol:
thats basically what i said... it has to be unhooked for it to be street legal

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Old news? I saw the N20 foci on Ford lots a long time ago (back in 04').. its really nothing special.. its not considered "cool" in the Focus scene either.. but I dont remember seeing it at 26k.. it was cheaper..

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
thats basically what i said... it has to be unhooked for it to be street legal
I don't believe so.. I'll ask my friends dad about that, since it came from the factory..

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Old news? I saw the N20 foci on Ford lots a long time ago (back in 04').. its really nothing special.. its not considered "cool" in the Focus scene either.. but I dont remember seeing it at 26k.. it was cheaper..
I also remember seeing something about a n2o focus in road and track or super street awhile ago, but this one looks a little different I think.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I totally thought that it was going to be a mustang....

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
it wouldnt be embarrassing

you could slap a big enough shot on a geo metro to make it beat a much more expensive civic, but i would still rather have the civic than the geo metro

and this juiced car has a warranty :cool:

and first you say $26k, now it's $28-29,000, that's some major appreciation in value right there.... that's $3k in just a few minutes... imagine what it'll be worth in a few years :shock:

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
it wouldnt be embarrassing

you could slap a big enough shot on a geo metro to make it beat a much more expensive civic, but i would still rather have the civic than the geo metro

and this juiced car has a warranty :cool:

and first you say $26k, now it's $28-29,000, that's some major appreciation in value right there.... that's $3k in just a few minutes... imagine what it'll be worth in a few years :shock:
:shock:

91SIHatch

SOHC IT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
umm this car isnt new, it was advertised many years ago.....it was in 5.0 magazine at least 3 or 4 years ago...

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
umm this car isnt new, it was advertised many years ago....hook up the nitrous there goes the warranty...it was in 5.0 magazine at least 3 or 4 years ago...
How can hooking up the nitrous void the warranty? The car is N2O ready.

That'd be like Mitsubishi telling you "Well, you have a warranty, but since you hit boost, it's voided, boost adds too much stress to the engine. Sorry. Now bend over."

Status
Not open for further replies.