Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Who know's of a low budget police scanner, something i can use for at my house, reason i ask is i down loaded the app for my ipod and love it, however i'd love to have the real thing without it being attached to my hip and ears, love the app though, it's hilarious some of the s**t you hear on there, and i have started to notice it's nice to have just for the fact of knowing what's going on in my area such as road closure that could be due to accident or flooding.

thanks in advanced.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can get them pretty cheap on ebay but you need the police codes or something like that.

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
depending on where you live you may not be able to hear the transmissions. larger police forces are starting to use encrypted radios so you cant hear them unless you have a specifically coded radio.

i know my city (only 70,000 people) is using encrypted radios now, so you might wanna check that out before you waste the money on one that wont even work.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ipod touch and iphone has an app for that... its rather useful actually.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
an app for hacking military freqs?

thats what i need...it would cut my work down by half :lol:

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
http://www.unidendirect.com/itemdetail.cfm?item=BC355C&tabid=1

good useability here. i have one... and had one for atleast 9 years. i had it in my car at first... then took it out due to space constraints...

its about the same size of a cheap CB radio... but it is all electronic.... and i think it has a 30 frequency memory also.

once you get one.. im sure you know how to find your local police and firestations frequency... this is the internet afterall...

i found a website once for my local area... it gave me the frequencies for the local Mcdonalds headsets... i could sit in the parking lot and hear what the people were saying...

i once picked up someone in an airplane using one of those air phones... he was flying to denver talking to his mother....

it was pretty sweet

and also.. its a good value. they have bigger... better ones... but for cheapness... this one cant be beat..

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
ipod touch and iphone has an app for that... its rather useful actually.
have that app, and do like it, lol funny some of the s**t i hear on it.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Get in the back of a police car. No need to buy a police scanner, you'll have one in the car.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why would the police have a scanner in the car? n00b! Its called a CB radio