scotch, bourbon and CIVILIZED men

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
JD Honey is fantastic.
I bought a small bottle to try and I'm not usually one for mixed drinks so I couldn't mix it and enjoy - it's also horrible to drink straight, and I'll take Old No. 7 out the bottle any day. I ended up using the JD Honey to cook my ham steaks on the stove :ok:
Also, the winter cider they put out was pretty bad, but we were making angry balls (Angry orchard with Fireball) at the time, so just mixed some of that in there and were good to go!

I'm usually just a clean whisky guy, fancy for me is clean single barrel JD or JW Blue. No real hi brow stuff here. A nice cigar is always a fantastic compliment though.

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
JD honey sounds too sweet for me. but that idea about cooking ham steaks with it is something i've gotta try now.

and angry balls ftw!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I bought a small bottle to try and I'm not usually one for mixed drinks so I couldn't mix it and enjoy - it's also horrible to drink straight, and I'll take Old No. 7 out the bottle any day. I ended up using the JD Honey to cook my ham steaks on the stove :ok:
Also, the winter cider they put out was pretty bad, but we were making angry balls (Angry orchard with Fireball) at the time, so just mixed some of that in there and were good to go!

I'm usually just a clean whisky guy, fancy for me is clean single barrel JD or JW Blue. No real hi brow stuff here. A nice cigar is always a fantastic compliment though.
I can't drink most whiskeys straight. JD Honey is an exception though.

Those angry balls sounds pretty good though! We've mixied Fireball with hot apple cider a few times this winter. Warms ya up nicely!

As for your choice in "no real hi brow stuff", isn't JW Blue their top of the line?

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I can't drink most whiskeys straight. JD Honey is an exception though.

Those angry balls sounds pretty good though! We've mixied Fireball with hot apple cider a few times this winter. Warms ya up nicely!

As for your choice in "no real hi brow stuff", isn't JW Blue their top of the line?
Angry Balls I find quite refreshing, but I can't drink a ton or I get a headache from the sugar in the cider beer. Just swig it to the bottom of the neck and top off with Fireball. Delicious.

And yea, it's their best I believe, but I've heard blue compared to most "hi end" scotchs as drinking mud water. I don't know, I'm not about to dish out $800 for a bottle of whiskey created the same time the planet was formed, using only the purest unicorn tears. Blue is pretty good if you like sipping scotches. I enjoy them on nice days on the back deck hanging out with some friends.

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
JD honey it too sweet for me, but just like wreckless hype jw blue or single barrel JD

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
Angry Balls I find quite refreshing, but I can't drink a ton or I get a headache from the sugar in the cider beer. Just swig it to the bottom of the neck and top off with Fireball. Delicious.

And yea, it's their best I believe, but I've heard blue compared to most "hi end" scotchs as drinking mud water. I don't know, I'm not about to dish out $800 for a bottle of whiskey created the same time the planet was formed, using only the purest unicorn tears. Blue is pretty good if you like sipping scotches. I enjoy them on nice days on the back deck hanging out with some friends.
yeah that sugar hangover the next morning can be pretty rough

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah that sugar hangover the next morning can be pretty rough
So very proud of the fact that I don't get hangovers. I must come from a long line of alcoholics, but I'll wake up fine everytime. The headache is usually pretty soon after about 8 or so, much like when I go overboard on those sugary energy drinks and run around like :shock:

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol.. i love how the word civilized is capitalized.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't know, I'm not about to dish out $800 for a bottle of whiskey created the same time the planet was formed, using only the purest unicorn tears.
:bluelol: Snagging this as my new sig quote.

So very proud of the fact that I don't get hangovers. I must come from a long line of alcoholics, but I'll wake up fine everytime. The headache is usually pretty soon after about 8 or so, much like when I go overboard on those sugary energy drinks and run around like :shock:
I used to never get hangovers. I could drink myself stupid and not hydrate at all, black out and wake up the next morning like :wtf: but still feeling fine.

Now I get them occasionally. More-so when I forget to hydrate before going to bed. :biz: is a fantastic cure though :lol:

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
i was bred to booze and get them all the time, FML

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:bluelol: Snagging this as my new sig quote.

I used to never get hangovers. I could drink myself stupid and not hydrate at all, black out and wake up the next morning like :wtf: but still feeling fine.

Now I get them occasionally. More-so when I forget to hydrate before going to bed. :biz: is a fantastic cure though :lol:
:beer: Cheers to that! I do find myself eating often when I'm drinking and usually have something else in my hand to drink. I guess that's the secret. Soak up all that alcohol!

So this reminded me of something else, and I suppose this might be the appropriate place to ask all you CIVILIZED men. A buddy got me in drinking JD and we'd go through bottles, I'd end up getting pretty fluffy and just kinda swaying. This is drunk for me short of blacking out. And he'd laugh and push me like I'll fall over. He'd go outside and smoke a cigarette and INSTANTLY go from totally coherent to a complete mess who can't put two words together. I've watched him roll around the hood of his car and fall on the ground like a man on fire in a slow motion film. Any of you ever seen this or have it happen to you? Hilarious :lol:

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I find that the higher my tolerance gets, over the years, the more hangovers I have. When I used to be gone after 2 or 3 drinks, I never even knew what a hangover was. Now that I'm closer to 8-10, I am very familiar with the feeling.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So this reminded me of something else, and I suppose this might be the appropriate place to ask all you CIVILIZED men. A buddy got me in drinking JD and we'd go through bottles, I'd end up getting pretty fluffy and just kinda swaying. This is drunk for me short of blacking out. And he'd laugh and push me like I'll fall over. He'd go outside and smoke a cigarette and INSTANTLY go from totally coherent to a complete mess who can't put two words together. I've watched him roll around the hood of his car and fall on the ground like a man on fire in a slow motion film. Any of you ever seen this or have it happen to you? Hilarious :lol:
Weird. Never seen that before, but that sounds like it would be a hell of a time just watching lol. I've seen plenty of people go down after drinking and then smoking ganja though. I've actually even seen it from regular hookah shisha too, myself included, but I've gotten a decent buzz off of just smoking hookah before.

I find that the higher my tolerance gets, over the years, the more hangovers I have. When I used to be gone after 2 or 3 drinks, I never even knew what a hangover was. Now that I'm closer to 8-10, I am very familiar with the feeling.
Yep pretty much the same with me. My tolerance got way too f**king high in college. Now that I'm not in school I don't drink nearly as much, so it's gone down a little.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
tolerance of what? of how many you can drink before being crunk? or how many you can drink till you have a hang over the next day.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
JD honey and fireball is junk whiskey for women ;) i am seeing some good drinks mentioned, how bout a few photos of your drink setup/bar cart? what glass do you drink out of? like where this thread is going. generating a lot of discussion! im currently drinking a glenfeddich 12 2 rocks out of my super bad ass vintage silver rimmed crystal tumblers. great drink, i enjoy the citrus and creosote taste i get in it!

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
I've got some glennfiddich 12 kicking around for a rainy day. also a bottle of 18 for an even rainier one, lol.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
tolerance of what? of how many you can drink before being crunk? or how many you can drink till you have a hang over the next day.
Before getting drunk / crunk.. I don't feel cool enough to say "crunk" and pull it off :lol:

More drinks to get drunk = more hangover. In other words, for me, the more alcohol that goes in my system in a given night, the greater the hangover.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've got some glennfiddich 12 kicking around for a rainy day. also a bottle of 18 for an even rainier one, lol.
a 12 for a rainy day? that is my one of my daily drinks.

makers mark neat, room temp, tonight.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Going super classy tonight... $1.50 rolling rocks :lol:

Like I've said I'm not a scotch / whiskey drinker, but one of my favorite rums is Brugal 1888. It definitely has a bourbon taste to it.