screw this sheriff

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jesus Christ, it's like a stoner movie plot in here, I don't know what the hell is happening, it's just funny as hell.
hahahaha!., WORD!

so, whatever happen to the kid that got the ticket? lol.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Gmail sista...chat is working for John now so we use GChat instead of email now..
Lamesauceee. What happened to FB chat?!

Anytime I'm pulled over I have my window ready b/c I'm ALWAYS pulled over for tint..never another reason except that 1 time. My hands are in my lap, the car is off, hazards on. I greet him back, very cool polite tone, look him in the eye. When he asks for my info, I tell him it's in my purse, and witch pouch so he knows what I'm doing. Remember, I have 3% all around my car so it's suspicious to begin with. I get it out of my purse in my lap so he doesn't think I'm reaching for anything else. I hand it over, and sit patiently(or so he sees). I answer all questions honestly and politely, there's normally a joke in there somewhere, I do bat my eyes a bit or flirt sometimes..but it's really cop dependent.

13/14 times I've been pulled over for tint I've received a ticket. Being coy doesn't work when they run my record and see so many repeat violations, but they know I'm polite and not causing trouble, and we wish each other a good day and go about our business. Half the time I just laugh when he's coming up and expect my ticket now..they don't phase me anymore.

It all comes down to manners, either with a good cop or bad cop.

:EDIT: I've never been pulled over by a female..I'm scared of that day. Ugh I hear the worst things, and a dominant female officer pulling over a dominant woman..yikes.
Nailed it. I do the same thing. I normally shut my car off so he doesn't get me for exhaust too.
And oh dear I'm scared for a girl cop. I don't think there's very many if any at all in my area.... phew!

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Lamesauceee. What happened to FB chat?!

Nailed it. I do the same thing. I normally shut my car off so he doesn't get me for exhaust too.
And oh dear I'm scared for a girl cop. I don't think there's very many if any at all in my area.... phew!
No ones ever in it anymore. Facebook is usually open when I'm at home but I can't do Facebook while at work. Work network blocks it and iPhone Facebook app doesn't support group chats and neither does opening it in the web browser.

I've never had a girl cop pull me over. I always see them driving around though.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No ones ever in it anymore. Facebook is usually open when I'm at home but I can't do Facebook while at work. Work network blocks it and iPhone Facebook app doesn't support group chats and neither does opening it in the web browser.
I know, FB died :(

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Gmail sista...chat is working for John now so we use GChat instead of email now.

:rolf:

:word:

Kill 'em with kindness. People don't realize the s*** officers go through. Ever think they're *ssholes b/c of the bad day they've had? You ever think not ALL cops like to hand out tickets? All my friends that are cops HATE doing it b/c it ruins everyone's day, including their own. Plus all the paperwork to go along with it, and court appearences.

Anytime I'm pulled over I have my window ready b/c I'm ALWAYS pulled over for tint..never another reason except that 1 time. My hands are in my lap, the car is off, hazards on. I greet him back, very cool polite tone, look him in the eye. When he asks for my info, I tell him it's in my purse, and witch pouch so he knows what I'm doing. Remember, I have 3% all around my car so it's suspicious to begin with. I get it out of my purse in my lap so he doesn't think I'm reaching for anything else. I hand it over, and sit patiently(or so he sees). I answer all questions honestly and politely, there's normally a joke in there somewhere, I do bat my eyes a bit or flirt sometimes..but it's really cop dependent.

13/14 times I've been pulled over for tint I've received a ticket. Being coy doesn't work when they run my record and see so many repeat violations, but they know I'm polite and not causing trouble, and we wish each other a good day and go about our business. Half the time I just laugh when he's coming up and expect my ticket now..they don't phase me anymore.

It all comes down to manners, either with a good cop or bad cop.

:EDIT: I've never been pulled over by a female..I'm scared of that day. Ugh I hear the worst things, and a dominant female officer pulling over a dominant woman..yikes.
Exactly. I may complain to people I know about the cops around town, but I know theyre just doing their job and I can respect that. People just need to grow up and learn that trying to be cool by speeding or recklessly driving just isn't okay, and can cost someone their life.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Back to the original post......

Next time you think it's okay to flip off an officer, take a minute to think about what THEY go through everyday. When they pull somebody over, they have to park their squad car a certain way because as they get out to talk to you, they run the risk of being hit by cars passing by. As they approach the car, they always check the trunk to make sure nobody is hiding in the trunk that will surprise attack them. When they're asking you for your license and registration, they're scanning the back seat of the car to make sure nobody is back their about to attack them.

If they pull over somebody for speeding, they likely get b*tched at by the person they pulled over. If they don't pull you over, they'll get b*tched at by others for letting someone drive recklessly. If they engage and shoot an armed suspect, they get b*tched at because they didn't "shoot to wound" or use less than lethal tactics to take the person down. If they don't shoot the suspect, they run a huge risk of not going home to their family. There isn't one aspect about a police officers job that's not a lose/lose situation, and they always have to watch their back.

These are all things that officer have to worry about EVERYDAY. You hate that you make $7.75/hr? Try risking your life everyday at a job where everybody you come in contact with hates you. I guess what I'm trying to say is....on behalf of Sheriff Nelson D., I'm very sorry if he didn't give a sh*t it was your birthday when you broke the law, he had other things to worry about.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^ well said. i almost stood up and started clapping.

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
know police protocol if you think it's a BS stop. Ask for a gun readout, calibration date and take it to court.

bitching on an online forum might make you feel a little better, ut at the end of the day you still have a ticket that you deserved for all intensive purposes.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
know police protocol if you think it's a BS stop. Ask for a gun readout, calibration date and take it to court.

b****ing on an online forum might make you feel a little better, ut at the end of the day you still have a ticket that you deserved for all intensive purposes.
They aren't actually required to give you any of that. Some might do it for you but they by no means have to.

*edit, could be different in certain states but I know that's a common rumor that often isn't true. In Illinois if a cop is following you doing the speed limit and you pull away or you pass him and he's going the limit that's enough for them to write a ticket. They aren't particularly bad here or anything, but they CAN do that if they want to.

so, whatever happen to the kid that got the ticket? lol.
he still has it and still has to pay it, lol

dillon_1213

Next time you think it's okay to flip off an officer, take a minute to think about what THEY go through everyday. When they pull somebody over, they have to park their squad car a certain way because as they get out to talk to you, they run the risk of being hit by cars passing by. As they approach the car, they always check the trunk to make sure nobody is hiding in the trunk that will surprise attack them. When they're asking you for your license and registration, they're scanning the back seat of the car to make sure nobody is back their about to attack them.

If they pull over somebody for speeding, they likely get b*tched at by the person they pulled over. If they don't pull you over, they'll get b*tched at by others for letting someone drive recklessly. If they engage and shoot an armed suspect, they get b*tched at because they didn't "shoot to wound" or use less than lethal tactics to take the person down. If they don't shoot the suspect, they run a huge risk of not going home to their family. There isn't one aspect about a police officers job that's not a lose/lose situation, and they always have to watch their back.

These are all things that officer have to worry about EVERYDAY. You hate that you make $7.75/hr? Try risking your life everyday at a job where everybody you come in contact with hates you. I guess what I'm trying to say is....on behalf of Sheriff Nelson D., I'm very sorry if he didn't give a sh*t it was your birthday when you broke the law, he had other things to worry about.
just found out i was only going 60 my cars 3mph off so the car next to me which was speeding going 70 can suck a d**k and so can that officer because justice was not served at all he just took the teen because he couldnt even tell what car he was aiming at. And its easy to say i was doing 70 because the car next to me was not me so id need evidence to prove my self.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just found out i was only going 60 my cars 3mph off so the car next to me which was speeding going 70 can suck a d**k and so can that officer because justice was not served at all he just took the teen because he couldnt even tell what car he was aiming at. And its easy to say i was doing 70 because the car next to me was not me so id need evidence to prove my self.
Here's a little tip. Grow. The. f***. Up. You're 17, f***ing act like it. Justice was served, you got a ticket.

With an attitude like yours I hope you get a couple more and lose your license, maybe it'll knock you down a few notches.

Pay the ticket, grow up, and learn what a period is, for sentence structure.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
They aren't actually required to give you any of that. Some might do it for you but they by no means have to.

*edit, could be different in certain states but I know that's a common rumor that often isn't true. In Illinois if a cop is following you doing the speed limit and you pull away or you pass him and he's going the limit that's enough for them to write a ticket. They aren't particularly bad here or anything, but they CAN do that if they want to.

he still has it and still has to pay it, lol
You are correct sir, in NJ they are required to provide requested information. But if everything checks out you run the risk of just pissing off an officer who will then write you a ticket for every little thing he can find...

Still, the bottom line is: the ticket was well deserved.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
justice was not served at all
Please explain how justice was not served. You broke the law, you received a ticket for breaking the law. Sounds like justice to me. Don't break the law, and you won't get a ticket. Plain and simple. You've got this attitude that just because someone else does something worse than you, makes whatever you did acceptable. That's not the case. It's not okay to rape a 14 year old girl just because the guy next to you is raping an 8 year old girl. That's the grown up version of "two wrongs don't make a right", I tailored it to your situation.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

x2

emerican

Registered VIP
Coming to an online site and complaning about the police when you broke the law is not the smartest thing. I guess you thought everyone would support you,but as you can see thats not the case. Police go through so many things a day that you should have a little respect take the ticket and it be the end of it. I have gotten quite a few tickets if i know i was doing wrong i just admit it take the ticket and keep it moving. If you dont want speeding tickets don't speed. Also You may not know it, but when your arguing with vic your arguing with not only a mod, but a criminal justice major.