so again...why do kids with hondas have to race everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Okay... they're kids probably with their first car.

Now, what is an affordable first car to get? A Honda.

Most rust buckets falling apart have less of a chance to be raced.... or at least look like they are being raced I guess.

So yeah, put a new driver in a Mustang, they'll race you. Put a brand new driver in a Hyundai, they'll race you. Put a brand new driver in a Cavalier, they'll race you. Put a brand new driver in a Honda... and they'll race you.

It's not that they're driving a Honda (though many young Honda drivers do get an idea that they're driving a fast car because, well, it is A car and it's THEIR car.... probably the first car they've ever been able to drive unsupervised). It's because they're new drivers more than anything.

New driver often seems to equate to assclown on wheels. :???:
My first car was a Mustang, and I never raced anyone.. :what:

EDIT: Once.. I was cruising on Highway 18, and a mustang almost exactly like mine except different tails pulled up to me, we both gave eachother like a suprised look, gave a thumbs up, and we both gunned it, we hit 75, left off.

clover ej6

i r mekanik
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's because us Honda drivers are cocky as hell.

No, really..It definitley is because it's their frist car. When I first got my car, I used to challenge my friend to a race to a v6 mustang. I thought it was faster. Yes i was dumb, but i learned my lesson after a couple miserable losses.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Error404 said:
My first car was a Mustang, and I never raced anyone.. :what:
I mean MOST drivers. MANY drivers. Not ALL drivers. I didn't go around racing my first car either.
clover ej6 said:
It's because us Honda drivers are cocky as hell.

No, really..It definitley is because it's their frist car. When I first got my car, I used to challenge my friend to a race to a v6 mustang. I thought it was faster. Yes i was dumb, but i learned my lesson after a couple miserable losses.
I disagree. It's not becasue Honda drivers are cocky. it's because new drivers often are cocky. kids that age in general are often cocky.

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My first car was a used 94 Ford Aspire. Half of you probably don't know what the hell that is..

It was all dented up, badly. I never tried to race anyone since I knew that piece of crap was going to fall apart if I even try to floor it. But I was thinking about pimping it out, thank God I didn't.. Then I got my brand new 05 civic. I thought it was hella fast, well, because it's a 127hp vs. 67hp Aspire.. so yeah. But I still didn't try to race anyone. Even worse, when I found out that 127hp is weak these days, I just run away whenever a modded car tries to get my attention.

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
must be a common misconception w/ our cars because ppl try to race me all the time and i try to explain to them that its slow, lol, to be exact its usually like this
"other car: hey is that thing fast"
"me: no, it just makes cool noises and gets good gas mileage"

4doorcivic16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its not just hondas ive had a lot of diffrent cars try and race me. i think i know what it is its them damn muflers. if you got a mufler its like flys at a BBQ.

DarkFox

5+ Year Member
4doorcivic16 has a point. if someone hears you rolling down their way, they think they got someone to race against. now with the F&F movie out, i think they will be alot more ppl out to race now. better just to live with it and ignore them. but if you can't help yourself, race with them.

guwakjai010

Dr Tai tai
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DarkFox said:
4doorcivic16 has a point. if someone hears you rolling down their way, they think they got someone to race against. now with the F&F movie out, i think they will be alot more ppl out to race now. better just to live with it and ignore them. but if you can't help yourself, race with them.
haha everyone after the movie went to the parking lot back to their cars and started burning out... soo sad... the mall security started patrolling that area more often now.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just drove from sacramento to seattle and i cant count how many times i got reved on. people always wanna race me....major sucko

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
mavrick said:
i just drove from sacramento to seattle and i cant count how many times i got reved on. people always wanna race me....major sucko
hahahah i just drove from Los Angeles to Medford Oregon in my parents i35 and was revving on all the ricers!!! so if a blue i35 revved on you on your drive it was me LOL

EDIT: just to clear things up, i call everyone a ricer including myself :P

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so you werent right next to him? he just took off hard kuz he saw you approaching to make the same left turn?

Sounds like youre at fault on this one... more details plz.

Slick_99

RIP 99'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My car is to slow to race, its turning these huge 17's that I <3 and like most people are saying, they are kids. When I got my car I thought I was hot s**t, and I used to drive fast, but then I realized I was in a Civic and I grew up lol.

I did beat an Eclipse once, later model I wanna say like 2000, He had three people in the car and I walked him about a halfcar, I don't think he knew we were racing though. lol.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's Rangers and S10s more than Hondas.

Idiot children in their S10 eXtreme (pooftah OHV 2.2) can get a 2nd gear scratch so of course in their minds, "it's fast"

I saw an article in a magazine where they did all kinds of damn bolt ons, Intake, throttle body, coil packs, header, exhaust...etc... and they came up with a screaming 110 whp out of an S10 ...:laugh:

Rangers :roll: Rangers running next to me just barely staying even when I shift at 4000 . I Can't help it ... you burn the tires at the light then hit a second gear scratch in your Power Ranger I'm going to "pop mad veetak on yo' fat ass"

woooooooooooooobuzzzzzzzWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Not really....but some Rangers and S10s so deserve it :lol:

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't know about all civic drivers, but civic drivers like GreenThunder like to act like he's got all that. But all he has is an intake. It's all sterotype, people like him like to race and tries to prove something everytime he sees a modded car. That's why Civic owners get a bad name.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Eran said:
it's the same reason that chiuauas growl and bark and nip at german sheapards .... big dog syndrome :lol:
:werd:

have a bad feeling this thread is headed to a bad place..

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
4doorcivic16 said:
its not just hondas ive had a lot of diffrent cars try and race me. i think i know what it is its them damn muflers. if you got a mufler its like flys at a BBQ.
This is very true, i had some asshat try to race me with a turbo eclispe recently, yeah like there's a chance in hell i'd try to race my FIT against something that i know would kick my ass, lol. :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.