JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Are your HID's loose?

My friend with a DC5, his are loose as hell. He has the most glare I have ever seen.
No, they're actually a tighter fit than my Philips bulbs. It was a b***h to snap the clip back down. It's barely in there as is.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
hmm...the only downfall with mine is that they are pointed down to much....but i guess thats a good thing lol...

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
hmm...the only downfall with mine is that they are pointed down to much....but i guess thats a good thing lol...
Most of the time when I see EF's with HID's, they are pointed HELLA low. :shock:

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Here are some pictures of the kit. Cameras cant really capture the true color of HID's. Here is my car.

Surprisingly, my GF does NOT have HID's. She has blue bulbs but this picture captures the color my HIDs really closely for some odd reason.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I wonder if it has to do with amej8's headlights...

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that was probably the gayest way you could have titled this thread

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I wonder if it has to do with amej8's headlights...
The passenger side is genuine OEM. Been on the car since day 1 when the car was bought. Still has bad scatter / glare. The driver side is aftermarket OEM style. Has a bit more scatter / glare.

:what:.

I went back to philips XTP's anyways. I can see SO much better with them.

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
that was probably the gayest way you could have titled this thread
:guns: gtfo

My scatter isn't too bad anymore, and the color is alot better to look at but does tend to get washed out by street lights

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
The passenger side is genuine OEM. Been on the car since day 1 when the car was bought. Still has bad scatter / glare. The driver side is aftermarket OEM style. Has a bit more scatter / glare.

:what:.

I went back to philips XTP's anyways. I can see SO much better with them.
HID's owned you.

JDMneeds

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i jus got mine lol i hope is nothing like urs lol i'll install tomorrow so lets see =P

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Here's my pics...finally:

Lows:
Notice though, there is an excessive amount of stray light output that kind of goes... wherever, making it pretty useless and dangerous.

Compare the two pictures:

With projectors, the foreground is lit better, the light is more focused, and the overall output is a much cleaner, smoother, more broad area of coverage by the light.

Not picking on you Pete, you just had the first picture (working backwards) in this thread that i was looking for, for my argument :P

Also, to the guy with the ram. Notice how your P&P kit may not scatter everywhere, but the light output is all of 10-15ft in front of the vehicle, and doesnt expand out AWAY from the vehicle (forward, nor lateral). Pretty much useless headlights IMO. Projectors WOULD solve that problem.

Here's a good comparison, HID's with projector housings.

I absolutely HATE all of the people with lifted street trucks, and tahoes and all that BS with HID's, and i've actually swerved towards them (when they're oncoming) flashing my high beams in both my car and my truck MANY times. Its ridiculous what those cheap P&P kits look like to oncoming people.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Notice though, there is an excessive amount of stray light output that kind of goes... wherever, making it pretty useless and dangerous.

Compare the two pictures:

With projectors, the foreground is lit better, the light is more focused, and the overall output is a much cleaner, smoother, more broad area of coverage by the light.

Not picking on you Pete, you just had the first picture (working backwards) in this thread that i was looking for, for my argument :P

Also, to the guy with the ram. Notice how your P&P kit may not scatter everywhere, but the light output is all of 10-15ft in front of the vehicle, and doesnt expand out AWAY from the vehicle (forward, nor lateral). Pretty much useless headlights IMO. Projectors WOULD solve that problem.

Here's a good comparison, HID's with projector housings.

I absolutely HATE all of the people with lifted street trucks, and tahoes and all that BS with HID's, and i've actually swerved towards them (when they're oncoming) flashing my high beams in both my car and my truck MANY times. Its ridiculous what those cheap P&P kits look like to oncoming people.
Specially those f**kers with like 8000k on both head light and fog light. So annoying. I guess its cool to the truck club.