Sound System Recommendation

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok well im gonna look into a new cd player for you too, as that one sucks balls lol.

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just understand, on this budget it will not be anything special, just a decent little upgrade.

damage626

Pho Life
i bought my car with it :[
yeah im not looking to like...blast my music to pop eardrums :'/

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So this is what i set up, could be better but will take more cash. Comes out to $334 before shipping

6" speakers - r1653
6x9" speakers -r1693
Sub - XS-Le121w
Amp - xa1200
Wires - e2 E400

Enter those numbers in at sonicelectronix.com

Look around locally for a deck with sub control, alpine eclipse or newer pioneer would be good.

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no problem, Id like to help rather than blab about what i own like half the people who responded lol. While i am more into SPL and go for brands like DD, PPI, FI etc... i have owned the same sub as i reccomended and had it in my beater, surprised me for what it is and would be a great sub for you needs.

Young gunna

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This is hilarious, everyone is just "name dropping" and I can almost guarantee that the brands they are repping are the only equipment they have ever listened too. Most of the brands mentioned are respectable, but remember, everyone makes low and high end equipment. And what has not been mentioned has been the importance of the quality of the install; that is going to make or break the system regardless of equipments. Not one person has mentioned sound deadening, not one person has specifically mentioned a sub box built to spec, not one person has mentioned the importance of proper driver placement, etc. Honestly if you're on that low of a budget, you're better off doing it in steps; that's not enough cash to work with the get a "sound system" that is just "perfect". Please locate a good installer in your area and go from there, no matter how much someone tells you you can DIY or have a buddy do it, if you care about your car and system, someone who does it for a living will do it a hell of a lot better than you. At the end of the day, your money goes a lot farther when the right equipment is put in right the first time.
like he said there is name dropping... i know i did it... but i've done a lot of different audio setups in vehicles and i know that in my civic the best setup i had was with Alpine-s speakers with JL VR Evolution doors with individual tweeters, and had my American bass 12's. install isn't all that hard at all especially if you understand the basics of wiring up a system

bmac9269

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
go alpine all around my setup is
amp: alpine mrp m500
sub: 12 inch alpine type r in a sealed box
i have 6x9 alpine type S speakers in the rear and the door speakers arent stock and for some reason i cant think of the name but there good as well, and i think my car has the good bass and sounds really good PM me if u have questions

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You guys still are just name dropping, you need to read what he said, a $300 budget. Best thing i came up with totalled him out at around $335

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
He also said hes not looking for insane bass or hi-fi sound, just anupgrade

FlipSkater079

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You pretty much need a budget otherwise we will just be throwing out anything. I would stay away from sony, I have not had good experience with them. Pioneer/alpine are usually pretty good stereo decks. And subs you could get some older JL's for fairly cheap and they are GREAT subs, I've been bumping my 12w1v2s for quite some time now. Also when looking at subs don't be fooled with max watts, look at rms.

imfromdade15

5+ Year Member
check out www.onlinecarstereo.com they have really good prices and i would save up a lil bit more money with 500 to 600 you can build a pretty good system. if you want bass but not too loud one 10 in a good box should do the job and youll have plenty of trunk space. when it comes to brands now days there is a s**t load of good brands i personally im old school my favs are pioneer and alpine ive own both brands speakers,headunits,amps,subwoofer and never been dissapointed.

DOPEYBOY247

5+ Year Member
since your looking to upgrade your system on a budget and not looking to shake car windows.
just get a nice entry-level quality aftermarket radio, you don't need to spend much; Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine, Eclipse.

replace your door and rear deck speakers.
get two 10's or two 12's in a sealed or ported box and an amp for those subs.

go to caraudio.com
also check out Crutchfield.com for products and info..

damage626

Pho Life
yeah thanks guys ive been looking around! prolly just getting simple set up, 4 speakers, amp and sub. like i said, just minor upgrade :D

ayalaflorence

infinity alpine

The best speakers for the front and back is INFINITY KAPPA INFINITY has the best sound for highs and for a sub your best bet is ALPINE TYPE R ALPINE has good solid bass and also you need a ported box Sorry i didnt see the $300 budget i know kole audio makes good amps for cheap and also performance tech those 2 amps have good sound and they are pretty cheap the INFINITY REFERENCE are cheaper than the KAPPAS and the they still sound good WELL GOOD LUCK

damage626

Pho Life
thanks man, my uncle is giving me his amp and sub, he told me they were like alpine or something, hes giving it to me since he has a newborn child and cant blast music anymore :[ haha gg for him

Motaw

Ok, I've heard almost every type of sub and speaker, and I can honestly say that either Alpine type R subs, or Dual subs are good for you. Apline type r's aren't the top of the line alpine's, but they are quality and they don't set off car alarms. Dual is a cheap brand that even wal-mart sells, but they are great speakers regardless of bad reviews. They got good prices and the bass those subs and 6X9's produce are nice and low.

all you need a a good pair of 6X9's in the back and it will produce nice bass, hell, you can even connect the two 6X9's to an amplifier, and they'll sound bad ass like that.

Drulex

If you want the best for your money go with Hifonics. I have 2 12' and a crunch amp and they sound really good for the price. Those are 35$ subs which is incredible. My amp is a crunch putting 1400W and it costs 120$. prices are just ridiculous and i was skeptic when i bought them from the net but as soon as i installed them... whoa they really are great. i also changed my head unit for a pioneer and the 4 speakers for infinity