Spammers are getting smarter!

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Holy s**t they are getting too smart. This is an email I received. I'm posting this for the amazement I have and to warn others...
I actually forwarded it onto the local FBI office :lol:

EDIT: the email address this came from was contact@fbi.gov That initially scared the s**t out of me until I opened the email.

RE: IMPORTANT NOTICE.

With the supporting evidence before the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in respect to your long awaited payment. We wish to inform you that we have thoroughly investigated you payment matter with the help of our Global Financial Intelligence Monitoring Network.

From the records available to this commission, your payment has severally been delayed and often leading to extortion, at the end having nothing in return. We have received a lot of reported cases of corrupt practices in so many Commercial Banks including some group of unscrupulous people in the Central Bank of Nigeria who claims to be who they are not, miss-informing creditors like you and causing a lot of problems and irregularities towards the release of your payment.

I am please to inform you that we have contacted the Nigeria Federal Ministry Of Finance on your behalf and we have reached an agreement with the Nigeria Federal Ministry Of Finance to bring a lasting solution to your problem. It has been agreed that a part payment of $3,500.000.00 USD from your total Inheritance payment will be programmed into an AUTOMATED TELLER MACHINE CARD in your favor. You can use the ATM CARD to withdraw money from any ATM MACHINE CENTER anywhere in the world with a maximum of $4000 to $5000 United States Dollars daily.

To the full extent permitted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), you now have the lawful right to claim your payment from the ATM PAYMENT CENTER. They are now set to release your outstanding payment now and we assure you that this time your funds will be released to you unfailingly without you going through stress, if only you are ready to adhere to our instruction.

Since the Federal Bureau of Investigation is involved in this transaction, you have to be rest assured that this is 100% risk free; it is our duty to protect and fight crimes. You are hereby advise to contact the approved ATM PAYMENT CENTER on the below stated contact information. Note that you are shall be required to make the payment of $150.00 Dollars only for the immediate processing and normalization of your ATM CARD PAYMENT.

CONTACT INFORMATION

MRS. AMANDA WRIGHT
ATM PAYMENT CENTER
TELEPHONE: +234-805-724-7374,
TELEPHONE: +234-803-359-4284

Do contact Mrs. Amanda Wright of the ATM CARD CENTRE with the below required information for their verification.

FULL NAME:
HOME ADDRESS:
TELL:
CELL:
EMAIL:

Upon the confirmation of your above required information at the ATM PAYMENT CENTER, your payment file will be updated immediately and the ATM PAYMENT CENTER will contact you with the payment information which you shall you shall required to use in making payment of $150.00 Dollars via Western Union Money Transfer or Money Gram Transfer for the processing and normalization.
As soon as the ATM PAYMENT CENTER receives and confirms your payment of the $150.00 Dollars, they shall be under legal obligation to immediately dispatch your ATM CARD through FedEx or DHL delivery service to your designated home address without any hitches or delay.

WARNING:

DO NOT CONTACT THE ATM PAYMENT CENTER IF YOU ARE NOT READY TO ADHERE TO THE ABOVE INSTRUCTION FROM THE F.B.I. ALSO BE OFFICIALLY INFORMED THAT THE ATM PAYMENT CENTER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR TERMINATION OF YOUR PAYMENT IF YOU FAIL TO ADHERE AND COMPLY WITH THE ABOVE SIMLE INSTRUCTION.

Your earliest compliance to this notice will put you at advantage.

Best Regards,

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Washington, USA.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ok first off.. If it was the FBI why would they be using Western Union, and second, if it was the FBI, why would it have an extra 3 numbers at the front of the telephone number.

They also misspelled "center" they used the Canadian/British spelling.

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok first off.. If it was the FBI why would they be using Western Union, and second, if it was the FBI, why would it have an extra 3 numbers at the front of the telephone number.

They also misspelled "center" they used the Canadian/British spelling.
Yea I caught on to both of those, and they only spelled it correct right about it. But to use the cute little banner and also forgot to add that the email address was contact@fbi.gov

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Let's see...

we have thoroughly investigated you payment matter - your not you
I am please to inform you that - pleased*
It has been agreed that a part payment of $3,500.000.00 USD - partial* payment
They are now set to release your outstanding payment now - used now twice
You are hereby advise - advised?
Note that you are shall be required - you are shall?

I stopped reading after that part.

Can you please forward that e-mail to my e-mail address so I can reply to them, telling them how f**king stupid they are and how f**king retarded they are because their grammar, punctuation, spelling, AND the way they talk in the e-mail is f**king FAIL.

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Craftier than some, but as pointed out, very flawed. Thank God anyone with a brain can spot this one :thumbs up

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok so their grammer still blows, but instead of emails from Nigerian banks, it's an email from the FBI about Nigerian banks. After I read it, I knew it was spam. Some old lady, unfortunately, may believe it.

and what is your email amej8? :D

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Were you being sarcastic when you said smarter? I think people are just getting stupider.

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Were you being sarcastic when you said smarter? I think people are just getting stupider.
Somewhat. I was referring to the fact that the email address was contact@fbi.gov, subject was something about a payment, and they had the big FBI banner across the top. Obviously anyone with half a brain that read's this will pick up its spam... but like I said before, some old couple or some computer illiterate maroons might fall for it

Before I opened the email I thought I owed money or some s**t like that. I read, laughed, and passed it on to you guys.

amej8, you have a email from me. :thumbs up

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So did you get your $4,000-5,000 a day?

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was just going to say OP is getting dumber.
Yea, because I totally fell for it. :roll:

I got another email from "AOL" too. Something about verify my billing. It took me to a website that asked my name and CC numbers. Thing is I only use the FREE AOL EMAIL :rolf:

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yea, because I totally fell for it. :roll:

I got another email from "AOL" too. Something about verify my billing. It took me to a website that asked my name and CC numbers. Thing is I only use the FREE AOL EMAIL :rolf:
I guess you dont get it. There are people out there who dont use the "FREE AOL EMAIL" and actually do pay for it. Then they get emails like that, it looks legit, and they do it.

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WOW.. What some people fall for is crazy. Glad some can spot it a mile away. As sf22189 said, old ladies might fall for it.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so i suppose i have to pay to use yahoo to? cause i get those emails everyday telling me to update my account.

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so i suppose i have to pay to use yahoo to? cause i get those emails everyday telling me to update my account.
I guess? I don't see why anyone would pay for a free email to begin with, but supposedly they do. :what:

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That scam has been around a long long time and surprising it seems to catch a lot of people.