Speedquest Performance In Waukegan Il.

K20Jay

5+ Year Member
I saw some Speedquest cars ripping it up at great lakes a few years back. They had a bunch of fast hondas. They are just too far for me to go to.

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How long ago was this? Was it more than one and a half years ago? Just curious.
about 4 years ago.. give or take.

Slow92EX

5+ Year Member
about 4 years ago.. give or take.
I understand now. Sorry to hear about the bad experience you have had in the past with Speedquest. I took over two years ago and we have been working hard trying to turns things around. So far I think my guys have done an excellent job doing so.

We thought about changing the name when I took over, but we figured it would be best if we kept the name the same but change everything else, from employees to customer service. I understand why some people were not happy, and they (as well as you) have all the right to be upset. Every shop has their horror stories and I understand how it works. All it takes is one unhappy customer to trigger a chain reaction. I just want everyone here to know that we are NOT the same Speedquest that did you wrong 4 years ago and ask please not to judge us by the experience you had. We work hard everyday to take care of our customers and make sure they are happy when they leave the shop.

Once again I would like to apologize to you and everyone else who was not treated right by Speedquest in the past. Since I took over two years ago, we have been focusing on turning things around. Unfortunately I had no control of the shop 4 years ago, otherwise I could assure you I wouldn't let something like the bad experience you had, happen. Thanks for hearing me out, and if there is anything we can do for you please make sure to let us know.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I understand now. Sorry to hear about the bad experience you have had in the past with Speedquest. I took over two years ago and we have been working hard trying to turns things around. So far I think my guys have done an excellent job doing so.

We thought about changing the name when I took over, but we figured it would be best if we kept the name the same but change everything else, from employees to customer service. I understand why some people were not happy, and they (as well as you) have all the right to be upset. Every shop has their horror stories and I understand how it works. All it takes is one unhappy customer to trigger a chain reaction. I just want everyone here to know that we are NOT the same Speedquest that did you wrong 4 years ago and ask please not to judge us by the experience you had. We work hard everyday to take care of our customers and make sure they are happy when they leave the shop.

Once again I would like to apologize to you and everyone else who was not treated right by Speedquest in the past. Since I took over two years ago, we have been focusing on turning things around. Unfortunately I had no control of the shop 4 years ago, otherwise I could assure you I wouldn't let something like the bad experience you had, happen. Thanks for hearing me out, and if there is anything we can do for you please make sure to let us know.
just you responding to this (the new owner) makes the shop alot better now:thumbs up props to you man

tonyM

caca poopoo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Too bad Rey doesnt have the car they screwed up anymore. maybe they could have re-done it right.

rey_boricua

2000 EM1 B16A2T
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

good s**t glad things are cleared up now... is this freddy

Slow92EX

5+ Year Member
good s**t glad things are cleared up now... is this freddy
Yes this is me. Hows the yellow hatchie coming along? That is a nice ass car.

just you responding to this (the new owner) makes the shop alot better now props to you man
Thanks man, means a lot. To be honest with you this is one of the hardest challenges I have come across in my life. I feel like if I can make this work, the rest of my life should be a piece of cake... :cool:

rey_boricua

2000 EM1 B16A2T
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
trying to finish up the turbo install and then to the tuner. sold the h23 vtec setup a member on here. i have a fully built h22 that is sleeved with all the bells and whistles.

how's the little one doing? what car are you working on now

Slow92EX

5+ Year Member
trying to finish up the turbo install and then to the tuner. sold the h23 vtec setup a member on here. i have a fully built h22 that is sleeved with all the bells and whistles.

how's the little one doing? what car are you working on now
She is getting big. I got another one on the way. Thats tite, I hope that s**t goes fast. Im working on my 92 Coupe. It's going to be a Nitrous car. Hope I can go fast this year (if it ever stops snowing..lol) Hows thing going with you? Is that the only project you got going on? I miss that yellow thing, but I see that it's in good hands, one of these days I will clone it. lol

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Well I hope what you say is true, I myself appreciate you responding to this, Rey's experience has left a very sour taste in my mouth (insert joke here) but I wish you luck in turning it around. Personally I would have changed the name right off the bat but I can respect your decision.

rey_boricua

2000 EM1 B16A2T
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
She is getting big. I got another one on the way. Thats tite, I hope that s**t goes fast. Im working on my 92 Coupe. It's going to be a Nitrous car. Hope I can go fast this year (if it ever stops snowing..lol) Hows thing going with you? Is that the only project you got going on? I miss that yellow thing, but I see that it's in good hands, one of these days I will clone it. lol
car turns heads I wish I can ship it to PR so I have something down there for when I go on vaction. i had some issues with the tranny and got it rebuild. I want to finish the car before my buddy gets back from IRAQ so I can smoke his "RX-8" , I already beat him in my Em1 so when we run'em its going to be a spanking. oh and congrats on the new addition on the way. I am wanting another one but the wifey does not want one. it all good though take care bro

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Can I have my f**king rear lower strut tower bar back!! lol.... :lol::lol::lol:

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
car turns heads I wish I can ship it to PR so I have something down there for when I go on vaction. i had some issues with the tranny and got it rebuild. I want to finish the car before my buddy gets back from IRAQ so I can smoke his "RX-8" , I already beat him in my Em1 so when we run'em its going to be a spanking. oh and congrats on the new addition on the way. I am wanting another one but the wifey does not want one. it all good though take care bro
Rey, are going to hit up the track in Arecibo?

acuraturbo90

5+ Year Member
like always i said you go where your budget take you some people are cheap some don't Freddy " the Gordie " he is putting that shop to the maximum he do the best to help you out other don't see it that way other thing beware about "one6" i heard he has the feds on his ass bcus some stolen engines with low keys.. so you better bring yousr or get a legit motor so you don't get in trouble i used to buy a lot from him but i just go for some small stuff since i live in the west side i drive to ill garage and Armando give me some better price ..not all ways but ehh what can i do business is business :roll:

StillenMaxSE99

Boosted It Myself!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I used to work @ SpeedQuest and only rep the license plate frame for old skool reasons! I do recommend going over to One 6 and talking to Mark.
Check it:

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
One6 is eh to me they're good at providing items but they suck working on cars there's a thread in honda-tech about that shop