Splats V6 Civic

Ron...

5+ Year Member
I'd love to see that car with a nearly closed, stock hood...That would be killer!

Splat

5+ Year Member
I agree HOWEVER, since you remolded the hood it actually isn't THAT bad, like before it was NASTY always have been ugly hoods... But now it's ehhh, acceptable considering....

My Question is why not run a Cervinis Cowl hood or something similar? I think that would be sick!

Man this car is CRAZY... I was with everyone about the building be half a** in the beginning but now I am blown away!!!! The one thing I would like to see improved is the location of the cables coming into the bay... I think a small sheet metal box with 2 wholes and rubber grommets would make for a NICE clean CLOSED set up under the console but thats just me =)

I am still :shock::shock::shock:
Yea, that was 1 thing i really did not want to do, but i have changed that awhile ago, i now have the Hybird shifter.

looks good man. you plan on fixing all of the rust underneath the car?
This car was kinda rushed, as of right now all she is doing is sitting in a bay collection dust, once i am happy on how she feels, the next plan will be to do a ground up restoration on her.

where are the acceleration videos?
Working 2 jobs.

I wish i could drive her more.

I hope sometime next year i could put a video up.

I'd love to see that car with a nearly closed, stock hood...That would be killer!
We are working on that, its really a tight fit.

amazing dude. way to represent the DAP hard.
Thanks guy.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you ever try to do the bmw "power dome" style hood? i bet it would be the clearance you needed, and we saw it on a 5th gen a couple days ago on here. looks pretty good, and not too far off stock.

FusionXylerion

'97 Civic Si
5+ Year Member
This is an amazing build! I have been curious recently if it was possible to make a V6 work in an older Civic, and this pretty much answered the question. Now I want to put this in my EJ8 when I have money! Any particular reason you went with the auto ecu/tranny?
Anyways, subscribed to see what aweomeness this thing achieves.

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Kids these days and their crazy swaps haha coming along nicely...

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
This is an amazing build! I have been curious recently if it was possible to make a V6 work in an older Civic, and this pretty much answered the question. Now I want to put this in my EJ8 when I have money! Any particular reason you went with the auto ecu/tranny?
Anyways, subscribed to see what aweomeness this thing achieves.
Kids these days and their crazy swaps haha coming along nicely...
The last post before Fusion was on 11-29-2010 :lol:.

Manser

The last post before Fusion was on 11-29-2010 :lol:.
LOL. I was thinking the same thing :P But nice build OP. Just curious, what do you do for a job?! I wish I had the money to just "out-do" my brother by buying another motor :P