Splats V6 Civic

Splat

5+ Year Member
Ok, lets start from the beginning.
The car:
1998 Cx Honda Civic 5 Speed, Stock purple color with light gray interior.
The goal:
To make a U.S spec CTR...........went way off track=)

Interior

Front

Back

Driver's side

Pass side

Some samll things i did befor i drop her off at the shop.

Antenna block off plate

Riped apart the interior

Replaced the U.S. spec tail lights and put some JDM tails on.

Some JDM fenders with markers

JDM CTR cluster

JDM CTR SRS steering wheel

After that I and my brother tryed to put power windows in..........Boy did we try, so i gave up and now the guy who is building my car is going to fin it for me.

Now i was going to put a k24 with a Type S head on and call it a day, but i talked to Dan (the guy who is working on my car) he said, do you know what would SICK? I said what, and he said and showed me a video clip og a Eg with a V6.
After that i was sold.
But one thing i mad very clear was that the car had to pass emission's
So it was green lighted.

So this is what i bought to make the swap possible.
2000 Honda 3.5L V6 pilot motor, it came with the stock auto ECU and auto trans. And thats what we are going to use.
2003 Honda Accord 6 Speed trans with shifter and cables
2003 Honda Accord 6 speed starter
2003 Honda Accord auto jack shaft
2003 Honda Accord 6 speed stock clutch with flywheel
Hasport custom 550 max axles
Hasport Eg V6 motor monts
After market stronger fuel filter
Custom wireing harness............talk a bout a pain
Will ad more when i know.

Suspenion
Skunk2 Pro C coilovers
Skunk2 Pro front camber kit
Skunk2 rear camber
Blox rear lower control arms
ASR frame brace
JDM ITR front 25mm sway bar
Energy Suspenion bushing kit
Some more things to come.......just have to wait

Brakes
JDM ITR 5 lug conversion
New F/R Brombo blanks disk
New F/R brombo pads
Goodridge S/S brake lines
S/S clutch line
07 Civic Si Rims
5mm spacer for rims to fit
Again, more to come for that.

Where the car is being worked on, ask for Don
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=264080593

Where i got all my parts, dirt cheap. Ask for Odin.....like the dog with Garfild, he's my brother and will hook you up. Tell him Hans sent you. ( You must ask for him....not only will it help him out in sales, but he will help you out.....he really goes out of his way to help anyone.)
http://www.atautoparts.com/

So enough of talk.

Stock

Thats not me, thats Don reloccating the rad

Geting the motor set

New 6 Speed trans

New clutch

Used flywheel

New clutch on

New trans on with trans mont.

Old monts removed

New monts

new monts and new fuel filter

Getting the bad boy ready to go in

Now shes in

Splat

5+ Year Member

working on the wireing harness

Hasport axles

Now the car starts and sounds amazing, once i get a sound clip ill post it up.
Now some other things did happen today, but ill put them up in a week.

I know, this oil filter looks like its hanging to low, i think we might move it.

Some pic of where the exhaust is, and where it would line up with my new Apexi N1.

h

We went ahead and did the shifter,first we sliced off the lip where the stock shifter poped out of, just to see where we had to cut the floor.
We thought we were going to have to cut a hole in the floor like what they do for a K swap, but the shifter fits like a H22, nice and very little room under the center console.

Test fit with 99 civic cup holders

Test fit with cover and boot.

So then we cut another hole to feed the cables through the floor to the trans.....i almost cryed.

Befor we put the shifter down we also made a plate to cover the hole where the stock shifter came from.

Shofter goes back on and bolted down, and cables feed through.

After we hooked up the cables to the tran's we went ahead to hook up the cable to the throttle body............but the cable was way way to long, so we had to custom make our bracket =)
If you can see in this pic of the befor then the after.

The befor

The after

Yes, now she can move on her own, but i still have one code to get rid of, so shes not done yet, just a small step.

After that we tested fited the Apexi N1.

Shes not hooked up yet, i have a used S2000 cat that we will use, so a little more moding will have to be done.

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow, this is a sick build....and it all looks like its being done the right way. looks like lots of time and money invested.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks great, good luck to you.

ryanM

I dont know how i feel about this one

some parts are cool, others arent

overall, meh

could prove me wrong before its done though...

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
y are you rushing it? i guess i just dont understand y you arent taking your time and cleaning stuff up and painting things not only to look better, but to last longer. idk, just seems like you should take a bit more pride...

Splat

5+ Year Member
y are you rushing it? i guess i just dont understand y you arent taking your time and cleaning stuff up and painting things not only to look better, but to last longer. idk, just seems like you should take a bit more pride...
I know what your saying,but this is our first J Series build.....so we dont know whats involved in this swap.
But when the car is up and running the way we like it, then its being striped to the bear bone and sparyed.
And we are thinking of going turbo.....or twin.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Cool swap, but other than cool point, alot of stuff you've done could have been done better. Alot of things could've been cleaned too :???:

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ehh..... kinda loped sided as well. great stuff for venturing into new areas but... how great of a motor is it to swap into a little civic? im sure its costing lots of money. good job tho.

Splat

5+ Year Member
Cool swap, but other than cool point, alot of stuff you've done could have been done better. Alot of things could've been cleaned too :???:
Well, once again....this is very true, but its not going to be any show car. This is going to be my own toy.
I once had a plan for this civic but now its more like what can we do out side of the box.;)

Splat

5+ Year Member
ehh..... kinda loped sided as well. great stuff for venturing into new areas but... how great of a motor is it to swap into a little civic? im sure its costing lots of money. good job tho.
Well the motor sits a little to foward yes, so this is no way in hell of a track car, but is will be one hell of off the line car:D
And for the money, im up to $5,000....so its not all that bad..........well i think.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Where in NY are you? I see a VT plate on the pass side floor in one of the first pics. Im guessing somewhere on the east side of NY State?