Stancing my ej8!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidR

5+ Year Member
Need recommendations and pointers on stancing my ej8. im getting 17" or 18"x7" for the front. the back and I would like to use 9" wide wheels for the rear but it seems like it wont clear in the back, I guess it depends on the offset but I don't want the wheels sticking to far out the side of the car(some one please say otherwise) maybe a 8.5. I want to give it that staggered look. The wheels are XXR 962. with stretched tires. I have it lowered on H&R springs, 2" 1/2" front and 2.3" in the rear so the tires will have to tuck hence the reason why im stretching the tires.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
In for pics :rolf:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
To be honest, you probably won't find much information about stanced cars here. You'll probably get more haters.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Need recommendations and pointers on stancing my ej8. im getting 17" or 18"x7" for the front. the back and I would like to use 9" wide wheels for the rear but it seems like it wont clear in the back, I guess it depends on the offset but I don't want the wheels sticking to far out the side of the car(some one please say otherwise) maybe a 8.5. I want to give it that staggered look. The wheels are XXR 962. with stretched tires. I have it lowered on H&R springs, 2" 1/2" front and 2.3" in the rear so the tires will have to tuck hence the reason why im stretching the tires.
with something wider than a 8.5" on the 6th gen, you'll either contact the the rear suspension components, or you'll stick out further than the rear quarter panels. That's why people with wheels that wide have a lot of negative camber. It's the only way it will fit. Figure out what you actually want, really really wide wheels that lean, or just wide enough to fit reasonably.

DavidR

5+ Year Member
I am going for that wheel lean in look just not reduculously too much negative camber, unfortunately they don't make the wheels in 8.5 width for the 17" xxr 962 wheels :(

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What is too much negative camber for you? Less wide wheels can easily sit at more than -2 degrees of when lowered.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:lol: Gary :lol: every freakin time!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^no, just partially used rear tires

DTvn

You guys need to stop scaring these guys away. I really wanted to see this lol

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
18" on a civic that's going to be lowered? Your not going to be that low and your fenders are going to be trashed if you try to ride slammed.

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
18" on a civic that's going to be lowered? Your not going to be that low and your fenders are going to be trashed if you try to ride slammed.
Not to mention the tire would be rubbing constantly creating uneven wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.