Steve Jobs

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
And as far as their other products, the only thing I've ever had an issue with on my macs is sometimes when I loaded into xp bootcamp for school, my wireless card would have some issues maintaining connections. Tis my only complaint, I'm still running a 2004/2005 Mac mini as my household entertainment machine and it runs faster and more efficiently than my roommates 2010 hp laptop.
It's an HP laptop, what do you expect? Such POS's. I feel sorry for anyone that has to buy/use one. Dear dog, having to set them up, and actually work on them is a headache on it's own. The Mac mini came in 2 variations, which do you have, the Intel Core Duo?

Worth a look:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&biw=1440&bih=815&q=apple+denying+malware&oq=apple+denying+malware&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&gs_sm=si&gs_upl=769l769l0l1127l1l1l0l0l0l0l114l114l0.1l1l0

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So no s**t, there I was... at the first meeting of my human factors class today.. and I s**t you not, my professor made a Microsoft joke as an example of bad human factors (Microsoft office, specifically). I had to laugh at the timeliness of the joke with this thread.

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's an HP laptop, what do you expect? Such POS's. I feel sorry for anyone that has to buy/use one. Dear dog, having to set them up, and actually work on them is a headache on it's own. The Mac mini came in 2 variations, which do you have, the Intel Core Duo?

Worth a look:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&biw=1440&bih=815&q=apple+denying+malware&oq=apple+denying+malware&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&gs_sm=si&gs_upl=769l769l0l1127l1l1l0l0l0l0l114l114l0.1l1l0
Interesting link though in my 7 years of mac'ing, I've not encountered anything and I use Sophos as 'extra' protection.

And yeah, my old mac mini has the intel core duo on it. My new mac mini has the i7 in it.

If I wanted to take the time, effort, etc. to build a computer like I used to, I would. And I would still try to run OSX on it over any other OS just because I enjoy it so much more than the others. Will my mac mini run most intense graphics games at full graphics settings? Yes. Will it get warm? Yes. Would a hand bult pc outperform it? Duh. I don't think there is an argument there about store bought vs. handbuilt.

nathan_carmona

Registered VIP
Interesting link though in my 7 years of mac'ing, I've not encountered anything and I use Sophos as 'extra' protection.

And yeah, my old mac mini has the intel core duo on it. My new mac mini has the i7 in it.

If I wanted to take the time, effort, etc. to build a computer like I used to, I would. And I would still try to run OSX on it over any other OS just because I enjoy it so much more than the others. Will my mac mini run most intense graphics games at full graphics settings? Yes. Will it get warm? Yes. Would a hand bult pc outperform it? Duh. I don't think there is an argument there about store bought vs. handbuilt.
would a duel i7 set up in a mac with 16 gigs of memoryand osx outperform a hand built pc? :twisted: I know so. Granted your not gonna be doing much gaming but when your doing video editing and working with motion or after effects, its the way to go.