Stock '93 DX Hatch needs a little more umph...CLUELESS

J Z06

5+ Year Member

old d15b7

Good sized header tube for a 4 banger!

The motor SHOULD find it's new home in the engine bay tomorrow. I had the timing belt and water pump done along with a new front seal before it goes in. With luck all will be well before the weekend. I am VERY excited!!!!!

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lookin good dude. Glad my advise helped you out a bit. Can't wait to see the results!

J Z06

5+ Year Member
Thank you =)

I am anxious to hear it run and feel the improved power. LOL, I think I am more excited about this car than soon having 550rwhp in my z06. Stay tuned for that answer when I get the 'vette back hehe!:P

J Z06

5+ Year Member
A couple of snags...let's just say the motor is back out :(
And I dropped my z06 off today so I'm car-less. Ick, something always has to go wrong. Stay tuned.

J Z06

5+ Year Member
Too late =) this almost gave me a stroke. Many a part was NOT supplied as they said they would be. When I sell something TURN KEY, it is TURN KEY.

Regardless....some issues were solved and it should be coming home tomorrow.

J Z06

5+ Year Member
It runs, but not well. Took it home last night. It's God awful on the tune. Supposedly the box that was provided with the swap(among a few other things) was no good. So the stock D15 box is running it. A few issues are being sorted out.

Now: will a new P75 computer help the situation? apparently I've read it needs a wiring harness too? my installer said my car has been the biggest 'roid of all! what a shock lol! These engines have ZERO bottom end torque. I thought It'd be a little better.

Stay tuned.

J Z06

5+ Year Member

It's home. Still a little rough, but I cleaned and polished the car up...thoroughly vacuumed the inside and shampooed it too. I'm hoping it'll smooth out soon but for now it'll get me around and back and forth to work. Hope everyone is having a nice holiday.

Jay

J Z06

5+ Year Member
Just thought I'd update you guys on the car. I sold it today. It came around with the P-75 computer but did have a CEL on for the heated 02 sensor. Was a great little car. It took two days to sell it which amazed me and I did well on the $. I'm considering another Honda for sure. Maybe a newer civic. I still like the hatch style. I'm sure they have a bit more grunt than my wimpy original D15b7 did. So, that's how it goes for me.

The Z made some nutty power. Initially 603/568. I had the boost turned down and timing taken away so its at 583/528 =)

Hope everyone is well.

Jay

J Z06

5+ Year Member
With summer coming...I would prefer something with a/c, power steering and such. A few times last summer it was quite tough as that car was all I had at the time.

emerican

Registered VIP
Yeah i could go without everything exept the ac i have to have ac summer here is hell without it. I understand that man are you looking to get another civic?