Stupid Mistake?

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So I just got offered a promotion and I took it. I went from a teller to a teller supervisor.

I just NOW found out that the pay will be increased by a f**king DOLLAR. So pissed.

So now I'm going to have to do that much extra work for a bill more an hour. Mistake? Would you guys still take the offer knowing the mere raise?

JGvtec

The names Jordan
So I just got offered a promotion and I took it. I went from a teller to a teller supervisor.

I just NOW found out that the pay will be increased by a f**king DOLLAR. So pissed.

So now I'm going to have to do that much extra work for a bill more an hour. Mistake? Would you guys still take the offer knowing the mere raise?
What type of work did you do as a teller? what work will you do as a teller supervisor now? and for a dollar more. it all adds up in the long run.

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dollars add up, slowly, but they do

CDubs

Registered VIP
id do it, i work at a help desk for a bank, and have seen people move up to teller supervisor and end up being manager for that branch....hopefully you can get there....congrads also

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
move up the ladder... take the raise (no matter how small it may be) and set your sights on the next position in line...

Indy_Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
2080 hours in a work year brother. Plus supervisor experience is key to landing better jobs in the future. Far from a mistake, you just have slacker remorse.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the kind words guys. Yeah I guess a major benefit is that the job could be a huge resume booster.

To JGVtec, I just did REALLY simple stuff like all the transactions for customers and also sales.

iluvpho

5+ Year Member
you would only benefit dude. you can put in your resume " experience in management." Also you could only get closer to the top. lol be optimistic!

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The promotion is absolutely worth it.

• you are in a position of power and control now
  • you have more responsibility now
  • you are one step higher up on the ladder than a lot of other people now
  • you make more than they do
  • you now have an excellent job position to put on your resume
  • you were offered the promotion because someone sees something in you and thinks you are the right person for the job
Don't be discouraged about the seemingly meager raise. A dollar adds up quick every week; that's almost an extra 50-60 bucks per paycheck, less applicable taxes. (Baller lunch money or beer money for a pay period, in other words.)

Even then, try to look beyond the money. It's insignificant when held next to the other potential benefits that you have gained and could possibly stand to gain due to this in the future.

Congrats on the promotion, by the way. =)

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The promotion is absolutely worth it.

• you are in a position of power and control now
  • you have more responsibility now
  • you are one step higher up on the ladder than a lot of other people now
  • you make more than they do
  • you now have an excellent job position to put on your resume
  • you were offered the promotion because you're the only competent f**ker there
Don't be discouraged about the seemingly meager raise. A dollar adds up quick every week; that's almost an extra 50-60 bucks per paycheck, less applicable taxes. (Baller lunch money or beer money for a pay period, in other words.)

Even then, try to look beyond the money. It's insignificant when held next to the other potential benefits that you have gained and could possibly stand to gain due to this in the future.

Congrats on the promotion, by the way. =)
Fixed.

JdmPrncss

I ♥ NYGraFFit :)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i got moved from a teller 1 to a teller 2 a month ago and got a raise of $1.25... But still it is worth it!

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
move up the ladder... take the raise (no matter how small it may be) and set your sights on the next position in line...
I agree with you 100%. Take the raise. Dont say anything and just work hard. Eventually it will pay off.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds good, I got a lot of training today. A lot more to come in the next two weeks. Thanks for the encouragement!

@ JDMPrncss, which bank do you work?

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you just f**ked your whole life up now

el_betiyo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Didn't the manager told you how much of a raise you were going to get?
If not, you should of ask before saying yes.

Either way, you're moving up the ladder man. One more thing to add to the resume. =)

JdmPrncss

I ♥ NYGraFFit :)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sounds good, I got a lot of training today. A lot more to come in the next two weeks. Thanks for the encouragement!

@ JDMPrncss, which bank do you work?
I work for SunTrust which do you work for?