Subwoffers-i Need Help

1990ef9

5+ Year Member
Just Got My 1995 Honda Civic On The Road
Went To The Junk Yard And Swap The Trans
Know I Need Yaul Help Whats A Nice Brand Of Subwoffers To Get And Do I Have To Get Amps With The Subs If So Then Its Not A Problem
I Dont Know If Getting Them Of The Internet Is Good Of Just Get Them From Best Buy Or The Flea Market
I Just Dont Want The Bass In My Car To Sound Like Crap
Plaese Help Me:?:

http://img10.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nu083.jpg
you cant go wrong with a pair of MTX 12"s..
the kicker L5 is a decent choice too.

FlipSkater079

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No Fi supporters here?

I have 2 12" JL's. 500 watt amp, it works for now but I plan on moving to 1 12 or 15" Fi BL, with 1,200 watt Audioque amp.

And regarding sony headunits, I personally own one and now it does not recognize my AUX port, so I am going to have to ship it to be fixed, but I want to buy a pioneer one instead. I would recommend staying away from sony in general, not much RMS power ratings, and now that I can't play my iPod i'm back to CD's..

ragedeep

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
man you cant go wrong with kickers, and they really kick, get one 15" with a 1k watt amp, you waking up the neighbors easy...

aykay47

AyKay47
5+ Year Member
I noticed you said you didnt want your bass to sound like crap. Get dinomat specially for the trunk its a must. also some good no too expensive sub brands are polk audio my first sub was a 12 in db series polk audio and it still hits hard i bought it about 3 years ago but i dont use it anymore.

drew15062

5+ Year Member
i just put 2 kicker 10's and a kicker 12 in a jeep the other day and they sounded great
and i have a jvc head unit in my civic and i really like it

Shane~o~What

Certified Monkey Trainer
5+ Year Member
Some good advice on here...Some kinda, well, nevermind. But I'd have to say BlueSiclone hit the nail pretty damn close to the head. Go to a shop, talk to a salesman, and READ READ READ. You'll get there bro
Oh yeah, As You were, ask a lot of questions. But you do need to expect some replies that are just flat out wrong. And don't spend a ton on your first system, as you will probably think of it as crap in a few months or years. Learn all you can and have fun with it bro

Shane~o~What

Certified Monkey Trainer
5+ Year Member
jack hammers fo sho !!!!
Come on now, he came here for help, a Jackhammer, really? If it would fit, Which I'm sure someone knows someone that's got one, The freaking car would need a turbo set-up, a new tranny, new suspension, alternator, batterieS, before the system. I hope you 2 were joking, really..
Oh yeah, And they sound like Sh$#

Last edited:

eggyhustles

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No Fi supporters here?

I have 2 12" JL's. 500 watt amp, it works for now but I plan on moving to 1 12 or 15" Fi BL, with 1,200 watt Audioque amp.

And regarding sony headunits, I personally own one and now it does not recognize my AUX port, so I am going to have to ship it to be fixed, but I want to buy a pioneer one instead. I would recommend staying away from sony in general, not much RMS power ratings, and now that I can't play my iPod i'm back to CD's..
fi <3

got a 18" q in my TL off a sundown 1500d...hit's harder and cleaner than anything from JL at a fraction of the cost :cool:

aykay47

AyKay47
5+ Year Member
Come on now, he came here for help, a Jackhammer, really? If it would fit, Which I'm sure someone knows someone that's got one, The freaking car would need a turbo set-up, a new tranny, new suspension, alternator, batterieS, before the system. I hope you 2 were joking, really..
Oh yeah, And they sound like Sh$#
Dude do some research before you open your ignorant mouth dude first off i have two 1f2 inch jackhammers i would not recommend them if they sucked. U must be thinking of the 22 inch hammer. sadly there are different sizes as well as different watt hammers. i hope your reply to my original post was a joke.

MagicOPromotion

5+ Year Member
Subwoffers i Need Help

I am trying to hook up a 529t for the sunroof and I bought the 452t pulse generator. But I think I need something else that give the switch 12v when alarm is armed. But dont know what it is called. and I do not know what wire is the trigger for the 452t? any help would be nice if anyone has done a sunroof 529t.

thanks
_______
=== XRumer 5.0 Palladium RULEZ! ===

eggyhustles

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dude do some research before you open your ignorant mouth dude first off i have two 1f2 inch jackhammers i would not recommend them if they sucked. U must be thinking of the 22 inch hammer. sadly there are different sizes as well as different watt hammers. i hope your reply to my original post was a joke.
They do suck. get some real subs

Reddharlemx

DoMo BoY!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just Got My 1995 Honda Civic On The Road
Went To The Junk Yard And Swap The Trans
Know I Need Yaul Help Whats A Nice Brand Of Subwoffers To Get And Do I Have To Get Amps With The Subs If So Then Its Not A Problem
I Dont Know If Getting Them Of The Internet Is Good Of Just Get Them From Best Buy Or The Flea Market
I Just Dont Want The Bass In My Car To Sound Like Crap
Plaese Help Me:?:

http://img10.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nu083.jpg
yes you need an amp, a good brand is kicker or kenwood to me, get an eaqualizer to tune the sound, and make sure you have an battery to support ur amp or you could buy a seperate battery, if you don't have a battery to support it ur subs will not work right they will pop on and off and work when they want to, to me i like surround sound bass that lights up the block from 2 blocks away not that crappy trunk vibrating crap they call "Bass" and take ur stock speakers out cause if you want to pump em like every one else i know 5th gen civic speakers will blow with a loud sond or not sound right, and to top it all off you can't forget ur tweeters

Shane~o~What

Certified Monkey Trainer
5+ Year Member
Well, after some pointless research, you are right. MTX does indeed offer different sizes of "Jackhammers"
Sorry I wasn't aware. I thought higher of the company then to take an insane project such as the real Jackhammer, Hype it beyond belief, then give the same name to some crappy bottom of the barrel speakers. With that marketing mentality, It will be no time before Chevrolet announces a Corvette-Spec Cavalier. Or maybe JL will start offering a W7/Wo 12". So as far as your point of me being ignorant, I guess before I post anything about a Civic, Maybe I should check the Honda website to make sure they aren't releasing an NSX model of the Civic first. My lack of knowledge over MTX's rediculous ploy to pull in suckers such as yourself doesn't constitute ignorance, it's simply a lack of giving a s**t. And besides, how many 1f2 inches are in a foot? Smartass. Stop flaming PRICK
:word: