Sunroof in ek

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDM_SPEC_SI-R

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey guys

i am looking to install a sunroof from an ex into a 97 dx hatch model. the reason for this is i love sunroofs, but i have done power everything in my car and really upgraded my hatch. power windows, mirrors, locks, ps, ac, cruise, rear wiper install etc. now i want to do this sunroof.

i looked around for some honda setups for this, and cannot find anything. has anyone done this themselves???

maybe a DIY????

i have everything to install and got it for cheap so i am willing to experiment myself.
can anyone supply pictures of the shell of a hatch inside where the sunroof would go? that way i dont have to take my car apart just yet. also pictures from an ex si, etc will be also greatly appreciated.

any and as much info on this would be great!

thanks

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've read that it's hard to make it not leak. But I searched for a minute and I can't seem to find a good write up on it either. I've never personally seen one done but I've seen them online so I know they CAN be done. But to me it's too big of a project. Hope you can find what you're looking for!

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bad idea if you do it yourself. Get it done by a PRO
Yeah I read around online and some people are claiming that they had power sunroofs installed for anywhere from 350-500 dollars.

Doesn't really sound too bad, but then again I've never gotten an actual quote for it.

epic_civic

Hey guys

i am looking to install a sunroof from an ex into a 97 dx hatch model. the reason for this is i love sunroofs, but i have done power everything in my car and really upgraded my hatch. power windows, mirrors, locks, ps, ac, cruise, rear wiper install etc. now i want to do this sunroof.

i looked around for some honda setups for this, and cannot find anything. has anyone done this themselves???

maybe a DIY????

i have everything to install and got it for cheap so i am willing to experiment myself.
can anyone supply pictures of the shell of a hatch inside where the sunroof would go? that way i dont have to take my car apart just yet. also pictures from an ex si, etc will be also greatly appreciated.

any and as much info on this would be great!

thanks
i know its kinda off your topic but, was it hard to install the ac? and for the power windows, i know i would need a regulator but what about the wiring for it?

D_Dziekonski

Ive never actually physically seen one done but i know people have but they often leak. I think the safest way of doing this would actually be to not just to cut a hole in your car take the sunroof out of the other car and put it in yours. Instead actually cut around the sunroof in the car that has one so you dont need a new seal or any kind of custom work and just fit it into your car because now your not actually tampering with the sunroof but just cutting around it and welding that piece back in. Im not super experienced tho so maybe thats not an option or its just easier a diffrent way, not 100% sure

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Status
Not open for further replies.