Tailgating/Drafting/or simply being green...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So tailgating is illegal. I call it drafting. And drafting ruduces ones fuel consumption due to the fact the the vehicle(s) in front are 'breaking' the air, in other words, you have less air resistance and so the engine doesn't have to put out much energy. Drafting is illegal cause most people are f**kin stoopid and dont know how to drive a simple machine and eventually crash. By drafting, and thus burning less fuel, one contributes to less emissions in the atmosphere... helping our global warming issue (and for those who DONT believe in global warming, you're f**kin clueless and stoopid). So if everyone drafted... yeah we'd have a couple thousand deaths but in it's a fact, we would help lower car emissions worldwide, being that the US is the major contributor of greenhouse gasses. Now think what you want, I'm right!!!

(I originally posted this on myspace but those peeps are clueless, you guys are smarter)

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:smackself

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol. wat? did you wanna say something but dont know anything about the issue? Oh, my bad. I guess you guys disagree with drafting 2ft behind someones bumper at 120...

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you guys, stop thinking about turbos, and tunning, and civics for a second... this has to do with physics. And I'm not saying for you to do it. I do it! But that's me. And the 120 is only cause my car's slow if not id pass the mofo. I was talking about drafting at 60-70-80mph geezzz. Not it's not a joke, think about it,.......

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok so were drafting @ 120mph. front driver blows a tire. i slam into him and i dont have a roll cage. i die! great idea tho'.

jackass!

BrakeLights

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my last car was totalled because the guy behind me was following too close and couldn't stop when i had to stop. Worst idea i think i have ever heard. :what:

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok so were drafting @ 120mph. front driver blows a tire. i slam into him and i dont have a roll cage. i die! great idea tho'.

jackass!
some are just ignorant to this issue. And if a guy blows a tire in front of you at 120 and ur 2ft behind him... 1st off you should be f**kin alert if ur doing this, not even looking in ur rear view mirrors.... And if that were to happen.... damn you assume the worst case scenario. Both cars going that fast most likely you would just bump him and f**k up ur bumper, of course if ur afraid then you're like those people that panic at the wheel and 'loose control'. Just know what you can do and dont be afraid of crashing. Bro soooo many people crash compared to how many die.... And like I said I'm saying to do this at that speed... I was talking about 60-80mph...

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Rookies. All ur cars are fast but YOU lack balls! You're taking this totally outta proportion.... It was just a theory presented...

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i agree with the theory that it saves emissions....but how much would it actually save...i dont think enough to make a difference, and its a stupid idea. youd have no reaction time.

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my last car was totalled because the guy behind me was following too close and couldn't stop when i had to stop. Worst idea i think i have ever heard. :what:
s**t like that happens cause YOU put urself in that situation. When I dont want someone to draft behind me all I do is stay off the gas and slowly slow down. He'll get the point and pass you.....

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dont think about others drafting behind you, think about wat YOU can do and how much YOU feel is a safe reaction time. And again, forget I even mentioned 120 @ 2ft behind. I meant 60-80, that's slow as f**k, and about a car or two behind distance wise.

BrakeLights

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
s**t like that happens cause YOU put urself in that situation. When I dont want someone to draft behind me all I do is stay off the gas and slowly slow down. He'll get the point and pass you.....
Let me get this straight... you think its my fault i was rear ended. You honeslty shouldn't be allowed to drive. BAN

2000 EKCivicEX

i VTAK
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i agree ^ plus he thinks 80s slow idk about around there but i know around here theres no 80mph posted speed limit

Status
Not open for further replies.