Taluzer45's EJ6 Build

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
Hey guys, I just wanted to start off by saying that this is going to be a extremely slow build, and that im a 16 year old working for minimum wage, so dont expect anything big, the car is just a project, and I am currently driving a 1999 ford f-150 with 80k kilometers, so im in no hurry to get the car done. Ok, so now to the car. It is a 1996 Civic CX 5-speed, It has 125k kilometers on the clock, and it only cost me $100! The main purpose of this build is to make a decent DD, with a little nuts. So, off to the pics...
The day I got her:

The first thing I did, Head light restore kit !

The dent in the back of the hatch :???:

The dirty bay :x

Next thing I did was the rear wheel bearing ( Note my horrible first attempts at body work) =)

The damage from the bad wheel bearing , and the result of a previous owner not giving a sh*t

The car is currently in storage for the time being, and will not be out untill may :( , but in the mean time things i have picked up for it! ... My homemade SRI:

My Foglights:

My Ebay :???: 4-2-1 header:

My Mugen style front lip :

And just for the hell of it I painted my center caps:

What im currently running ( the green one):

And how is the weather up here in Newfoundland? :

I would love to slam her and put on some nice wheels, but sadly its not in the budget .... so I just gotta make do with what I got, she needs a new gas tank, pasenger side rocker needs to be patched, and to finish the body work.... She is getting hit with a flat black paint, just so you cant see the body work issues! :D , so enjoy, and I am open to suggestions/ critisism, but keep in mind that I have extremely limited funds, and she is my first car!

TheHatchGuy

5+ Year Member
good work on getting the necessities done before the goodies (y)

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
Haha, hey b'y, I kind of got board so i just decided to buy things.... well the Header was actually needed, because the stock one was split, I did the wheel bearing because it was gone beyond all imagination ( I could go 50km/h and push in on the clutch and rev it and not hear the motor), I did the brake work on her, did the spark plugs/wires, and had to beat the front subframe back into place... considering how bad the car was hit ( I will post a pic off google maps lol)... but thats about all I could do before she wen't into storage in September... I found the gas tank for $250, and my uncle will do my body work, he did the body work on his iroc-z, so I shouldn't be in too bad of shape...

Anyways the damage ( before I owned it, i have had it since August)

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
Also, I can get some help from my cousin who has lots of work experiance on civic's of all types,and his first car also was a Hatch, So I will show a pic of what he started with, and ended with...

He started with a Si on the right, and ended with the RHD Integra mix on the left....

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No offense but one of the ugliest Integras I've EVER seen lol. SI isn't too bad. Good luck with your ride though, definitely will be a good learning experience. Just keep it cleaner then the teg lol

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
No offense but one of the ugliest Integras I've EVER seen lol. SI isn't too bad. Good luck with your ride though, definitely will be a good learning experience. Just keep it cleaner then the teg lol
I know what you mean man, no offence taken haha, The car was wrecked in Targa Newfoundland, so he just decided to do what he could, so he built it, she might of been ugly, but it was fast as hell. And thanks man. Really I dont have any plans for a motor swap, but I do have the one out of the ugly integra availiable to me, the car is scrapped and he now has a 93' GTR ( which looks a little cleaner :lol:). But im also thinking she will be a good learning experiance to me! And no worries, she isn't ending up like the teg !:D

The Motor: ACT Stage 3 clutch, built b20/Vtec, ported to death. He said 1k for me.. everything included! just built less than 100kms before removal!

Also just to show he can build nice cars ill post some pics of his current car :

And his new motor because he blew the old RB up!:

Video for the 32: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz0fLRRqQsQ

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
Man, I really wish I could get the motor, but I need to get the main work done in the car first, and than I might be able to get a new motor, I also have another B20 lined up for $150, but it needs everything else, motor only, which isn't a bad deal around here... on the classifieds there is a b16 complete swap for $600!, but sadly not in the budget!

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
I will try to keep you guys updated on the R32, but also do you know what happens to a H22 revving at 9000 RPM'S ? You might need a valve guide...and seats...andvalves...and a head... :lol:

Also the block damage:

My friends Hatch it came out of:

Motors arn't cheap!

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha damn that sucks. R32 looks sweet and u should jump on that engine if you trust that your cousin built it well. B20's can be awesome and reliable if built correctly. I personally would rather just bore out a B18C cuz then you get the displacement along with the oil squirters, crank already there, rods, etc. But that's just me

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
Haha damn that sucks. R32 looks sweet and u should jump on that engine if you trust that your cousin built it well. B20's can be awesome and reliable if built correctly. I personally would rather just bore out a B18C cuz then you get the displacement along with the oil squirters, crank already there, rods, etc. But that's just me
I know what you mean, for a grand I get everything, and I trust my cousin with it, but I don't have the money for either set up! :x

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
Well, a little update. I finnaly got access to my car again, and I wen't down to get my battery out after being in storage for 5 Months in -20 degrees and the car almost started, the car is a trooper!

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
I personally would rather just bore out a B18C cuz then you get the displacement along with the oil squirters, crank already there, rods, etc. But that's just me
I think alot of people block off the squirters anyway in built gsr's for better flow in the crank, etc.

Well, a little update. I finnaly got access to my car again, and I wen't down to get my battery out after being in storage for 5 Months in -20 degrees and the car almost started, the car is a trooper!
Glad to hear its still alive lol.

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
i know how tight mony can be i dont have a job i had to sell my bike just to get a mugen style front lip one headlight and a pair of speaks for my car lol

but so far :thumbs up

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
i know how tight mony can be i dont have a job i had to sell my bike just to get a mugen style front lip one headlight and a pair of speaks for my car lol

but so far :thumbs up
Thanks man, I hope she will come out good, hopefully the worst I have to do is to put in a new gas tank, and put the core support back into shape. Also some minor body work. But man, nothing is cheap,not even knock offs! Im just lucky to have family that knows how to work on cars! Right now, I probobly do have enough money to get the car done.. but im also having to pay gas on the truck, which takes $180 to fill. 3- Months till I get her back... Im counting the days ! :???:

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
Ok, so a little update, I got some rims, got them off one of my friends for $140, The brand is "Eagle Alloys" ( never heard of them) well I feel I got a good deal, and I like the flat black color.... so pics!

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
eagle is decent wheels, better than some no names off ebay. good luck with the civic man