boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks bud

Seems like everything is finally coming together :D

Got more stuff in from imageinmotion.com

Synapse BOV

Need the vband clamp for a tial bov still though

Also got my supertech valvesprings and retainers in, hopefully will get my head out to maritime engine before the weekend ;)

Oh and dropped off my tranny tonight to get it checked over and the obx lsd installed :D

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well went to work on the car yesterday

Started off by taking the bumper off and took the old full size rad out too and got rid of the battery tray and put the manifold on

Ran the 0 gauge wire from front to back

Then i started to change my rear brake setup and put my tein pillowball mounts on the rear

Ugly old rubber ones

New ones installed

Rear disks installed(my brothers rims)

Also dropped the gas tank, gonna replace it and the filler neck.... going back today and gonna cut apart the front bumper support for the intercooler and finish running the ebrake lines...

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow didnt realize i havent been updating so here it is

Sent the intercooler and the top piece of the intercooler piping to my dads friend so he could backdoor the intercooler on the driver side and extend the top pipe

Also bolted the turbo on the manifold and clocked it

Then got the downpipe fabed up and intercooler in place but not actually mounted as you can tell from the gangster lean

Also put in my new gas tank the other day and filler neck and finished the battery relocation kit in the engine bay area....

Waiting on my wastegate and bov clamp still :( but ordered my ACT Clutch from andre at xtreme today and should be here thursday :D other then that gonna order a new oem waterpump and maybe a TOGA oil pump

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok so its been forever since i posted on here

Got the built engine all put together and in, been driving it on and off for like a month and a half working out bugs

Once again im trying to figure out my code 9, still no luck but gonna see if i can get it tuned with the code seeing how it does not affect the car and how it drives, just how it starts when its hot..

Anyways heres some pics from a local car show on the weekend

With my cousins EM2 with an h22 ;)

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice build man, keep us posted on numbers. is there a build thread for your cousin's EM2?

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Going to the dyno in an hour and 45 minutes, not like im counting down or anything... Tuner said he will try and tune with the code still there since we cant figure it out..

So hopefully ill have some numbers later along with a vid and a dyno sheet

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Went to the dyno, made 365whp 275wtq @ 23 psi, tuned down to 315 and 255 for the street @ 20, heres a pic al took with his bb of the dyno graph

Very happy with the numbers for a crappy old zc with a stock intake manifold, and cams, car works very well which makes me happy

Fuel was holding me back and was leaning out at like 8000 on my 365 passes, maybe ill get a meth kit or just mix with some funny smelling gas to hit a bit higher numbers for miramichi on the 20th

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So took it to the track, Only got 4 runs using the launch control(Last 3 were within like 25 minutes because they were shutting down the track... Ran a 12.20 @ 116mph, with a 1.95 60 foot with 22inch slicks..... With the car packed full with 2 tents, 3 spare axels, spare 24.5 inch slick and everything else i brought for the weekend at the track =). Going back up tuesday i think to get more seat time... Vids will follow

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So new update, Run down of the night at Tuesday night test and tunes in miramichi, first pass- 12.07 with a 1.88 60 foot =)... Before the second was letting it cool down with the fan on, I unplugged the boost controller(it ticks and was annoying me), forgot to plug it back in.. So second pass 12.5 @ 110 at 10 pounds lol 3rd pass, launched good, shifting into second not so much... Blew the diff, good thing my obx LSD is sitting on my buddies shelf =) Crappy part, had to leave the car there until i can get a truck and trailer to go get it (its an hour and a half away)... I bring a lot of spare parts(3 spare axels) but no trannies :P

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So i havent updated in awhile, ended up parking it for the winter, still intact and not blown up... Over the winter more power is coming(cams, intake manifold, fuel lines and rail, meth, possibly a cage and some 24.5's to replace the 22's

ran it at the track and with 22 inch slicks that werent getting traction and a ****ed up second(had to slowly shift to get it in gear) ran a 12.07 @ 120

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/video/video.php?v=441038284920
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/video/video.php?v=441034269920
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=512929920#!/video/video.php?v=457983067835&subj=512929920