The Boosted ZC Build thread

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
He didnt want to put it in lol i was like we gotta include that in the video... Makes me laugh everytime hahaha

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i love that turbo mani..

how u liking the synapse?

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Got it shoveled out :D

Also put a down payment on some 24.5's on 13inch gold exospeed rims with tubes from my buddy, only 4 passes ever made on them

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
New package from bisimoto, level 2.4 hardweld turbo zc cams.... Along with some other things :P

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Started it for the first time in month :D Made me happy not gonna lie

Also finished paying for the slicks and picked them up

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So havent updated in awhile, took my transmission out to find some carnage inside... Lucked out ben just so happened to have an extra set of shift forks laying around

Not to mention we found that my release bearing fork wasnt extending all the way, theres my clutch problem... Changed it with the one on my other transmission and thats fixed =)

So i put it all back together and installed my new skunk2 short throw since i broke my old short throw last year lol and was tired of a stock one

Anyways put it all back in and with even 3 days to spare before speedsport(Local car show) so i could drive it around

But we all know my luck so drove it out of my uncles garage and parked it outside... next day went to take it to work since i got all my insurance and inspection and plates taken care of... Wasnt even punching it, barely going over 3000 before shifting gears... Got to the end of the road and well the end bearing in the tranny seized up or something... Great times, still havent taken it out but hopefully going to start to rip it apart thursday when im off

Picked up my zcspeed intake manifold adapter from ken at speedsport though

Nobody makes an intake manifold for the zc so we have to buy this 140$ adapter so we can run an aftermarket dseries one

When im ripping the engine and tranny out again this week im taking the turbo off and sending it away to blaast to get freshened up so i can hopefully start driving the civic for the start of may... Cams, adapter, intake manifold and aem fuel rail will all be put on at the end of may hopefully and some tuning at JD racing, just intime for race season =) oh and to finish off this post, ive been watching fast and the furious 1 the entire time... Its got me in the mood lol

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well i finally got the transmission problem fixed, was working great... I do need a second gear syncro but that will have to wait till next year now..

I did bring it to the track a month ago though... 5:30 am wake up call, drive an hour and a half to the local track... Adjust the suspension and throw the 24.5's on it... Drop them to 8 pounds and get ready for some 7000rpm two step launches

Well that lasted long, broke the back of the casing where it bolts to the back mount right off the first launch... My own stupidity for not tapping one of the holes and rethreading another, got convinced to go the night before so whatever... Its life s**t happens.. It sure did hook hard though so i may be a little excited to see what happens if it stays together next time :D

So the next weekend i finally got a chance to rip it out in my uncles garage, did that but my cousins husband didnt have time or space in his garage to modify my spare case and swap the obx lsd into it for another 2 weeks(for those of you that know its not just a straight swap)

But he finally got to it at the end of last week and then 2 days later i got it back in, with all 3 of the back holes having good threads in this case =).. So now im back to beating the crap out of it on a daily basis with really no problems. Hoping to get back to the track at the end of the month when i get some more funds saved up

Still havent installed the cams or bought an intake manifold... Intake manifold might not happen till next year so dont know if i should even bother throwing the cams in with the stock one.. Any suggestions???

I did install one thing though, a new sticker to promote a buddy of mines blog

Check it out

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The cams should make a big difference even with a stock intake mani.

I was seriously thinking about a ZC, but the issues finding parts and extra expense... I'm convinced something built on this continent is just an easier way to go lol

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The cams should make a big difference even with a stock intake mani.

I was seriously thinking about a ZC, but the issues finding parts and extra expense... I'm convinced something built on this continent is just an easier way to go lol
Honestly man its not hard to find parts for them at all, and yes i know this is an old ass post... All the interchange for parts can be found on www.thezcr.com bunch of good guys and always helpful

Anyways well i havent been on here much since my last update... I ran it for most of the summer with no problems, hit up the track again but had a problem with coupler that connects the turbo to my backdoored intercooler popping off... Fixed that and just drove it around for the next month and a half and it worked amazing as usual... Right until like 2 weeks before the big import race... The harness wiring and the conversion harness are pretty f*cked and i wasnt able to fix it before the race and never got it fixed cause i just got frustrated with it... So instead i rented a car with a bunch of buddies and hit up englishtown new jersey for the fall nationals, and what a time that was... Ridiculous cars and racing i must say and an awesome time

Blog that my buddy did about the event
http://stanceeast.com/2011/10/10/bla...nglishtown-nj/

Since then i thought about fixing it but with winter coming and the winter beater needing work i decided to do the responsible thing and park it and just save it for spring time... So now it sits in my driveway and will only see the roads again in april...

Plans are the following-
-Change harness's, body and dash and eliminate the junky conversion harness i got
-Take the exhaust off and bring it to get a new flex pipe welded in at my uncles
-Take the head off and change the head gasket, get the head all checked out
-Possibly pick up a new turbo, theres a 6262 local that buddy is selling at a decent price
-Then its time to buy an intake manifold and put the cams in and change the fuel lines if i find time
-Cage it and get new seats for it

So ya this is the list since this year was a bust but im hoping to come out bigger and better for next

Manser

I know you posted the video a long a** time ago, but I just went through your thred and watched it and realised it was called "Maritime Sport compacts 2010".. Just wondering where about in the maritimes you were from? Also noticed the GTI had an mvoc sticker under the hood ;) hahah, im from Nova Scotia and most of the builds ive seen on here are all from the states.

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I know you posted the video a long a** time ago, but I just went through your thred and watched it and realised it was called "Maritime Sport compacts 2010".. Just wondering where about in the maritimes you were from? Also noticed the GTI had an mvoc sticker under the hood ;) hahah, im from Nova Scotia and most of the builds ive seen on here are all from the states.
Im from moncton man. Ya the gti was my buddy ian carters, he sold the turbo gear off it and then sold it as an n/a vr6... True shame, car was immaculate from california

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Glad you're still around, you've got one of the more interesting builds. I've decided on boosting a z6 for the 91, and I cheated and got a GSR swap for the 92.

Bummer that making so much power tends to break unexpected stuff. Still though, sounds like it was fun while it lasted, and you probably never would've figured out that weak point on the street or without the slicks on it.

andofcoursethe4thgenhatchbodystyleisthebestlookinginmyopinion*cough* lololol

Manser

Do you know where he sold the car too..? Because one of my buddys from down here has a T-red GTI from california that looks identical to it.. Might be the same car :P

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Glad you're still around, you've got one of the more interesting builds. I've decided on boosting a z6 for the 91, and I cheated and got a GSR swap for the 92.

Bummer that making so much power tends to break unexpected stuff. Still though, sounds like it was fun while it lasted, and you probably never would've figured out that weak point on the street or without the slicks on it.

andofcoursethe4thgenhatchbodystyleisthebestlookinginmyopinion*cough* lololol
Meh its life in the car world, something goes wrong and you just build it bigger and better :D

I'm a little partial to the 4th gen body also :P

Manser it probably is lol It was to someone in ns

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Havent updated in a bit again, just the winter crap im use to... The car itself it hasnt really moved since october when i parked it, to cold to work on it most times and the nice days i usually end up working.. But for christmas dad gave me the gift of safety a roll cage that will be getting installed in the spring sometime.. This means i have to try and go a little faster and make it worth it

Also decided to buy some recaros from a friend here since my seats have been f*cked for a long time.. They were out of her evo 3?? so i'll have to modify the rails so they work in the civic but im excited to have some nice seats for once

And then I just got in my new edelbrock performer x intake manifold for a z6 that will be paired with my adapter plate to help it breath a little better and help the cams when they go in and got a new aem fuel rail also which is about as far as my fuel system will be built this year along with the walbro fuel pump i already have...

Only other things i really have buy for it is a new oem headgasket and the swing arm kit for the roll cage.. Looking to take off the head and get it checked over since ive beat on it quite a bit in the past 2 years

Heres the pics
Cage, rest of the bars are in the box

Zcspeed intake manifold adapter(allows me to run a d16 intake manifold)

To go with my level 2.4 zc bisimoto hardweld cams

To be match up with the new performer x manifold and aem fuel rail

and then the new seats i picked up, they look dirty but arent really

Ill keep updating as i can