Thinking.

TopStarRacing

AqqravatedAssualt
Thought to myself, should i work save cash and do a b16 swap and spend even more cash making it turbo ending spending a good 5000 for a 800 car or take those 5000 and buy me a new car i just want a nice body for the ride and some rims dropped for DD NJ has more cops then people since last year when the genesis debuted i wanted that but still didnt have a job havent heard many pros and cons from this ride any hidden secrets do tell

pyropunker25

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
up to you... i figure people buy cheap cars, save here and there and make it fast, or get nice reliable car (which is good in tight $ situations...) depends on what youre looking for...

side note: i wish i had a 4 dr (maybe even auto) honda compared to 2 door 5 spd...but ive matured...(5spd is still the way to go)...

TopStarRacing

AqqravatedAssualt
man i dont drive my car everyday and the fact knowing its auto ticks me off. but gotta love what you got right?!

well i got this b18b to my dispose but i really dont want to mess just yet the d15 it has roars like it was new. the guy who i bought it from told me it was babied a old lady had it

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You could always convert it to manual if you wanted... then you wouldn't have to go buy another car. Also the B18 isn't a bad swap either. Build it up while your still running the D series and then just swap it down the road when your B18 is built to your expectations. Patience is key, saving a bunch of money and spending it wisely will get you were you want to be. So I say save some money and build another motor, unless you just dont want power.. you could get a decent looking civic for $5k or less I'm sure.

TopStarRacing

AqqravatedAssualt
yea i know i want the swap and i dont mind using a auto till the swap comes in i just want to have a type sleeper feel to it clean exterior and the b18 with a 7psi turb crusing nice nd flip some heads

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I say just watch the forums and see what cheap or no cost mods you can do, trade stuff you have for better stuff... Work with what you got, when you got a job then worry about it... Until then nothing is going to happen

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I like your thinking, OP. I started with an auto, converted it to a 5 speed, dropped a B18 in, and boosted it. Other than my clutch slipping worse than my grandma with rollerskates on black ice, it runs beautifully. New clutch in the spring ;)

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its really easy to figure out..
you have to make this thing called a budget... it is what I use for all my projects.. cars.. guns.. etc..
take the money that you make monthly in your case $0
take the bills that you have.. cell? food? gas? I don't know.. lets just say $300 a month?
take the difference and then spread it out to figure out how much you have left for car parts... after all your bills are paid...
$0 - $300 = -$300
at this point.. the budget won't really get you far.. as you can see at this point there is nothing left to do because you literally based on what you said.. have no disposable income.. but in the future.. when you land a job.. you will then figure out how much you have left over.. once you have that amount.. open up an excel spread sheet.. and just picture the perfect car.. 20s.. underbody neons.. etc.. and then see how much each item costs..
then start planning.. on what parts are most important to you..
once you budget it out the financial reality of your project will be all right in front of you.. and you will literally be able to tell exactly how long it will take to finish.. my civic took about 8 years or so to finish...

you can just buy stupid cheap s**t and throw it at the car.. but then you will be left with an econobox covered in cheap s**t..
or you can save.. and buy only quality s**t.. the project will take longer but the end result will be far more gratifying..

but you definitely need to start with a game plan..

good luck with it!

paulx022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thought to myself, should i work save cash and do a b16 swap and spend even more cash making it turbo ending spending a good 5000 for a 800 car or take those 5000 and buy me a new car i just want a nice body for the ride and some rims dropped for DD NJ has more cops then people since last year when the genesis debuted i wanted that but still didnt have a job havent heard many pros and cons from this ride any hidden secrets do tell
i thought you were leaving :2confused
lol jk. i say save and buy something else but that's me. you know you damn well wont build something up like alot of people on this thread, thats why i let go and just buy other peoples work. im lazy and have dreams.