Thus A New Chapter 91 ed Si H22a1 Build

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Saw a few things you fumbled up on, the h22a1 came in 93-95 prelude vtec's. The 97's came with h22a4's and there are some significant differences, aluminum oil pan, 55 mm main's on the crank.
and in a regular H swap you can't use a skunk2 intake manifold, it would be in the firewall, like in there.

SilentMist

10 psi seems like a dream
Saw a few things you fumbled up on, the h22a1 came in 93-95 prelude vtec's. The 97's came with h22a4's and there are some significant differences, aluminum oil pan, 55 mm main's on the crank.
and in a regular H swap you can't use a skunk2 intake manifold, it would be in the firewall, like in there.
Your right , I apologize the motors out of a 94 si prelude and you right on the intake modification but the guys at explicit motors said the euro r manifold would be a suffcient intke upgrade so. I'm going to end up picking one up he said it take a little modification but he lead me to a guy who sell's em for 500 already modified and rdy to go for the ed h22 chassis swaps.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Your right , I apologize the motors out of a 94 si prelude and you right on the intake modification but the guys at explicit motors said the euro r manifold would be a suffcient intke upgrade so. I'm going to end up picking one up he said it take a little modification but he lead me to a guy who sell's em for 500 already modified and rdy to go for the ef h22 chassis swaps.
Some times you see them on ebay for $300, rarely, but they are used obviously. But I doubt that the performance goes away from it being used, maybe just needs cleaned up, and voila, good as new, with more power than the gay dual runner garbage. The h22 has plenty of torque everywhere not to need dual runners, at least mine does, and I can't imagine them lacking torque, especially that feel in an old hatch like yours. I might imagine you having some wheel hop issues.

SilentMist

Some times you see them on ebay for $300, rarely, but they are used obviously. But I doubt that the performance goes away from it being used, maybe just needs cleaned up, and voila, good as new, with more power than the gay dual runner garbage. The h22 has plenty of torque everywhere not to need dual runners, at least mine does, and I can't imagine them lacking torque, especially that feel in an old hatch like yours. I might imagine you having some wheel hop issues.
Wheel HOp would be a Very Big Issue with out a few suspenion and crossmember upgrade,I going with the front crossmember that explicit offers to eliminate or atleast help with the wheel hop issue and its a must if your doin the h swap in my ed chassis. I'm also alreadi sitting on kyb grey with drop zone lowering springs hopefully it last for now,I'm lookin into upgrading my sway bars and get a set of decent full threaded suspenion but. I wanna build the motor first and get it in the car. I hopin to do 12's after the upgradeed and a tune all motor :-) .

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Wheel HOp would be a Very Big Issue with out a few suspenion and crossmember upgrade,I going with the front crossmember that explicit offers to eliminate or atleast help with the wheel hop issue
don't count on that.

SilentMist

Yeah that right . I haven't been around in so long last time . I looked at yer build thread yew were still wiring the k harnesss for the crx . How she running ? I'm sure wheel hop is an issue for yew what yer build list kyle?

SilentMist

u mean this?

man please you blew the tranny on ur type r and sold the motor,I remember and then you bought the k series and started to do the swap ,I think you were up to turning it on when,I left for a bit that not in there right now .,....... It K SERIES FTW!