Thus A New Chapter 91 ed Si H22a1 Build

SilentMist

10 psi seems like a dream
Hey What's Up everyone IT been soooo long since,I`ve been here and owned a 88-91 Hatch ,I currectly driving around an 08 Civic 4dr Taffy White Si but,I couldnt resist when. I saw a cherry rio red Si h22 swap ready for 300 bucks from a friend so. I gave in to the my weakness , I love the ED chassis . I`ve never quit understood why they always grab`d my atttention so much more anyway back on the subject.
What ,I paid for the car ridiculious cause there si very mint the kid just didnt have the time to mess with it anymore and . I grew up with em so . I gussein that why it was so cheap for me.

Make: Honda
Modle: Civic SI
Year: 1991
Mileage On Body :150 thousand original.
Mileage On Motor: h22a1 -125,000 original from a 97 prelude

Plans: Well the Plan so far for the motor is to get sent out and get a little work done to her though,I`m not totaly sure it needed but s**t since it already out and it winter why not,I plan to come out mid spring or summer of 09 ,I shooting for mid 12`s on a mildly built h22a1 first time. I`ll be swappin an h22 in an ed chassis so any tips or hints would be more then welcome`d my way.

I`m going with a high compression n/a build,

So far,I have the full hasport h22 mount kit with the cable to hydro conversion , The passenger side mount shave and braket bolted on,I`m thinking about welding it just for extra saftey h22 shift box and cable`s alreadi ran into motor and full obd1 wiring harness instealled h series swap axels .

Here where,I`m getting confused there so many rumors and tricks out there my friend are tellin me to use a single cam accord tranny that there shorter gears and better for running but some of my friends say to just use the h22a1 trans it came with,I`m stumped on wich to use cause,I have both laying here What do you guys think ?

Picture`s WIll Be up tonite of motor and Ride.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
nice! sounds badass....i was gonna do a h22 in my 4th gen but then i decided i wanted to just build up the zc.....i would go with h22a1 trans it came with....that way you will have a higher top speed......butttttt.......if you want to be quicker in the quarter mile then i would think the shorter geared trans would be better.....just depends on what you want.....get some pics man !!! i wanna see the progress !

SilentMist

Well here a few motor pictures as promised sorry there off my phone , I started to take it apart the plan is to compeltely dissassemble put forged piston heads in the bottom polish and balance the crank new bottom end bearings new seals and gaskets block gaurd a comtech headgasket with arp head studs as for the head,I was leaning towards new valve seals upgrade skunk 2 valve train with stage 2 cams , I'm on the fence about a port and polish job but ehh skunk 2 intake mani and tb and unsure about my header choice yet but neway here the pics.

sorri about the pic quality im alot further then that with the dissassemble just gotta take the digi cam and take more pics .

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
None of the US accord trans have short gears, You want the trans from the JDM h22's or an M2F4 trans, which is from the US prelude. They have the shortest gears.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what dissy is on that h22 you have? TD60u? if so give it to me.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i am used to nice clear photos from my D60, not crappy blurry ones

SilentMist

thread jack central in here ! thetrans that on it is prelude 93 trans should i just stick with it?

SilentMist

Well steve , the trans code is m2f4 so, I gusse . I'll stick with the trans it came with for now till . I can save up an buy the jdm one . What do you think she'll do in the hatch steve?

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea keep the m2f4 trans for now, it will help out with 1/4 mile times. Maybe one day just put an lsd in it. I have read that it's the best H series trans setup that you can have. I believe it just has a lower top speed than the JDM H22 trans, 142 instead of 165 I think. I say if you do a mild build and make 215whp with 165wtq maybe, on a set of slicks with a good 60ft you can see some 12 second passes.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
thats strange that the jdm trans would have a longer 5th gear...most Japanese cars are geared shorter. and the higher top speed doesnt help much because all the JDM cars were governed at like 120mph.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats strange that the jdm trans would have a longer 5th gear...most Japanese cars are geared shorter. and the higher top speed doesnt help much because all the JDM cars were governed at like 120mph.
Correct, I remember that governor on my JDM P13.
The US h22 trans the M2F4 has a 0.870 5th gear with a 4.266 FD
The JDM h22 trans M2B4 and M2A4 have 0.787 5th gear with 4.266 FD