15+ Year Member
lol inspection. Lazy SC doesn't inspect anything

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would love to murder my windows, but stupid NC regs won't let you go under 35% w/o passing inspection :evil:
Lol Missouri doesn't allow anything darker than 35% on the fronts and I always pass inspections.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

bigL562

I had my civic murdered out for a while, 5%, until I backed into a F-250 at night. Couldn't even see that huge ass truck. I promptly tore the tent out of the car
What do you have it at now? did you re-tint, or left it alone after that?

chuck_skywalker

Smoke and black look nothing alike..

Listen to all of us when we say what u want is tacky, and ricer. The glass isn't the same either on our cars.

Or, do what u want.

i dont think ive heard anyone state say it looks tacky, also considering it isnt purely for aesthetics its not considerd ricer, it does however function very well . to each his own i suppose.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had my civic murdered out for a while, 5%, until I backed into a F-250 at night. Couldn't even see that huge ass truck. I promptly tore the tent out of the car
I almost did that last night. I had to roll down my window to see where I was going.

chuck_skywalker

3m crystalline is were its at if you want to keep the "fish bowl" look, and from what i hear it greatly reduces the in car temp when its parked in the sun. (this would mean you do ALL the glass though, windshield included)
yeah ive seen people saying the same thing as well, but i hear it does very well at reducing sun glare. which is key for those california summers. that sun is killer when driving. so i guess it wouldnt be so bad.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Smoke and black look nothing alike..

Listen to all of us when we say what u want is tacky, and ricer. The glass isn't the same either on our cars.

Or, do what u want.

Ease up? What he wants is pretty functional. He wants the function of conventional tint without the limited visibility? What's tacky or "ricer" about that?

Anyways, I have to agree about the 3M crystalline. Sounds to me that's what you're looking for. Good luck!

Last edited:

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
only thing about the 3M, when i priced it out at getting it done, it was about 600 bucks but that did include the windshield,

chuck_skywalker

only thing about the 3M, when i priced it out at getting it done, it was about 600 bucks but that did include the windshield,
yeah, ive heard its pretty pricey too. we shall see how things play out. hopefully by the end of jan it shall be in the ride. i really like how it looked on that M3 though the tint came out very nice. hopefully it comes out just as good.

chuck_skywalker

Ease up? What he wants is pretty functional. He wants the function of conventional tint without the limited visibility? What's tacky or "ricer" about that?

Anyways, I have to agree about the 3M crystalline. Sounds to me that's what you're looking for. Good luck!
:like:

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah if i decide to do anything to mine at all, i might just try to put a VERY light bronze colored tint, only issue im having is finding the shade i want w/o being metalized... cause metalized tint can interfear with GPS / Radio / Cell signal... so idk what im ganna do, thats later down the line anyway.

also if you know how to apply tint, just buy the film directly from 3M and do it yourself

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

NEITHER of you are understanding what I'm saying, so ill let you boys figure it out. :wak:

yeah if i decide to do anything to mine at all, i might just try to put a VERY light bronze colored tint, only issue im having is finding the shade i want w/o being metalized... cause metalized tint can interfear with GPS / Radio / Cell signal... so idk what im ganna do, thats later down the line anyway.

also if you know how to apply tint, just buy the film directly from 3M and do it yourself
My tint, and most tint is metalized and I have zero issues w signal of any sort. Why make most tints like that, for it to cause issues for customers? Lol

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah, im prolly just going to get what ever i can find as long as its the right color that im looking for, when the time comes.

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
honestly im not worried about the warrenty because the cost of just the film is cheap, plus sense i havent found a place yet that carrys the bronze, ill have to order it online and the places that i have asked wont warrenty it if its not tint that they provide so im not ganna pay the over head if theres no warrenty involved.

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
Where I live you can PAINT your back windows but you have to be able to see the person in the front and you can only have a strip of tint on top of the windshield which looks bad ....

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah i am going to take and use the bronze on all the glass, so that it kinda gets the OEM japan glass, but i little darker then that. so that you can still see through it totally but its still a better color then USDM

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Where I live you can PAINT your back windows but you have to be able to see the person in the front and you can only have a strip of tint on top of the windshield which looks bad ....
Yeah in Georgia your back window can be as black as you want it to be. A lot of country guys around here have rebel flags on their rear windows of their trucks. Can't see ANYTHING. Actually every window can be as dark as you want except the front two. Can't be any darker than 35%

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah in Georgia your back window can be as black as you want it to be. A lot of country guys around here have rebel flags on their rear windows of their trucks. Can't see ANYTHING. Actually every window can be as dark as you want except the front two. Can't be any darker than 35%
wrong-ish..., here in GA you have to be able to atleast kinda see, those large prints you see have tiny holes over the whole thing so that you can see through it from the inside, but not looking in...its a trick on the eye...

they just dont ever pull people over to actually check, because i have been riding with people that just have a large decal like a logo centered in the middle an they have gotten tickets for "obstuction of view" or some crap.