Tint

chuck_skywalker

So my car dosent have tint at all, which im sure you can imagine is a pain when cars get behind you with bright lights. i do really enjoy the the clean non tint look so i was thinking, instead of doing the traditional black tint, i was thinking about going wtih the 3M Tint that replicates the mercedes benz blue windows and reples 99% of UV rays. i know the Benz's windows are made like that from factory it isnt a tint its blue PPG Glass. but i was wondering if anyone had a picture of a civic with this look. ive done some searching but it seems all i find is cars with light blue tint but it looks tacky. Im going for something a bit more cleaner and subtle looking.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why don't you just do something like 40%? I have 3% all around my car and 40% on my entire windshield; but I prefer murdered out windows and always have.

3M MAKES a tint and is a decent brand, but I prefer Suntec. I've had the brand for years and have never had an issue.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Why don't you just do something like 40%? I have 3% all around my car and 40% on my entire windshield; but I prefer murdered out windows and always have.

3M MAKES a tint and is a decent brand, but I prefer Suntec. I've had the brand for years and have never had an issue.
How do you not get tickets.
All ive ever seen with blue tint is crown vics and what not.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How do you not get tickets.
All ive ever seen with blue tint is crown vics and what not.
:lol:
I have 13. They're all non-moving violations so they're no points. Let's just say I could've paid off debts earlier and taken quite a nice vacation with all that money over the past 3 years. Tickets average $75-$100 a pop.

Decipher

Registered VIP
Almost any reputable tint manufacturer (3M,Lumar,Suntec) now make all their film with polarized UV protectant, and the UV rating doesn't change with the intensity of the tint itself if I'm not mistaken. So just go to any dealer or installer and show them what you want or ask them what they have, and they'll be glad to show you.

This is 3M crystallin blue tint

Personally, I like my tint fairly dark so that people have to really try if they want to see in, and then I can tell who's looking because they're squinting like idiots. Plus it keeps the car noticeably cooler in the summer so my son doesn't have to crawl into a melting car seat.

^That is 35%. Not too dark imo, not too light either. I used 3M as well, and it has a bronze hue to it (to match the orange). Anyway, hope you find what you're looking for!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
15 all the way around ;) I've just been lucky with the cops. Only been pulled over for the tint once. I usually roll both my front windows down when I see a cop though.

I think the blue tint would look kind of tacky on a Civic IMO. My buddy has blue tint on his 325i but I think it even looks mediocre on that.

haascnc

5+ Year Member

i prefer the limoed out look.
i tinted my prior vehicle's entire windshield with 3% as well; didnt do this one yet cause i need a new windshield.
jus my $.02

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I took my tint off after 2 lol
Gotta pay to play kiddo!

This is when I had the windshield darker than it is now, and the car looks nothing like this now.

I prefer it murdered out b/c it keeps the car considerably cooler, and I LOVE watching guys walk up checking the car out, squinting. Then I roll down the window and ask them what's up. They jump back b/c they didn't expect someone to be in the car, let alone a female. :cool:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Here's my 15%, next to my good 'ole bike ;)

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here's my 15%, next to my good 'ole bike ;)

Do you have 2 different brands of tint between front and rears, or were they applied at different times? The front almost looks deep purple.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Do you have 2 different brands of tint between front and rears, or were they applied at different times? The front almost looks deep purple.
Same tint, same time. Never been cleaned with ammonia based cleaner, either. My back window is starting to bubble though :evil:

haascnc

5+ Year Member
Gotta pay to play kiddo!

This is when I had the windshield darker than it is now, and the car looks nothing like this now.

I prefer it murdered out b/c it keeps the car considerably cooler, and I LOVE watching guys walk up checking the car out, squinting. Then I roll down the window and ask them what's up. They jump back b/c they didn't expect someone to be in the car, let alone a female. :cool:

x2. your ride looks sik with the tint on silver.
(yea im up there with ya in quantity of tickets) but i say "...it's only illegal if you get caught..."

chuck_skywalker

thanks for the feedback guys. eh im just over the whole getting pulled over deal thats why i dont want to do black tint anymore. plus i think it looks much more cleaner when it isnt tinted. i think im gonna go tint shopping next weekend see what i can find.

Decipher: i seent that picture of the M3 it looks pretty sweet. i like that look.

Thanks for all your feedback guys.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You have to realize the Mercedes glass is made like that, as well as BMW, Porsche, some Audi. I'm serious, when you go look at tint, ask to see what 40% looks like. It's very light but filters a bit of heat, and it looks like a soft smoke. Tint shops will hold the grade up to your window so you can see what it looks like, as well as how it looks w/ your paint. =)

chuck_skywalker

Puma: I understand that thats how they come from factory , My whole deal is that i dont want a "smoked" look. im over the whole black tint deal. Ive started off with a pretty clean look and i want to keep that theme going with no tint. i think it looks better for the look im going for. although you guys that rock the 3%-10% tint are some savs, 1k in tint tickets later id be almost half way to my CCW Classics.

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
3m crystalline is were its at if you want to keep the "fish bowl" look, and from what i hear it greatly reduces the in car temp when its parked in the sun. (this would mean you do ALL the glass though, windshield included)

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Puma: I understand that thats how they come from factory , My whole deal is that i dont want a "smoked" look. im over the whole black tint deal. Ive started off with a pretty clean look and i want to keep that theme going with no tint. i think it looks better for the look im going for. although you guys that rock the 3%-10% tint are some savs, 1k in tint tickets later id be almost half way to my CCW Classics.
Smoke and black look nothing alike..

Listen to all of us when we say what u want is tacky, and ricer. The glass isn't the same either on our cars.

Or, do what u want.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I had my civic murdered out for a while, 5%, until I backed into a F-250 at night. Couldn't even see that huge ass truck. I promptly tore the tent out of the car

bigL562

I would love to murder my windows, but stupid NC regs won't let you go under 35% w/o passing inspection :evil: