Touchscreen Computer Display Floats in Mid-Air

that VERBAL

AKA Theiven Stealberg
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
http://www.everythingusb.com/io2_m2i_heliodisplay.html

As the manufacturer describes it "Heliodisplay images are not holographic although they are free-space, employing a rear projection system in which images are captured onto a nearly invisible plane of transformed air."

Watch the video at the link.This is something I would think to see on Star Trek, technology is getting crazy :shock:

CivicKid95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
awesome. nice find

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Too bad about the wavy look to the images. Does the air have a mist in it to project the image onto or what?

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's just a rear projector.. Nothing amazing, the only thing I find interesting, is the USB connectivity.. but other then that, basicly, all it projects onto is probably a very fine mist

that VERBAL

AKA Theiven Stealberg
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Error404 said:
It's just a rear projector.. Nothing amazing

it is touch sensitive....

and it is not mist, per say. It is "transferred air"

there is no water.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats like that computer from the movie paycheck! AWESOME!

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that VERBAL said:
it is touch sensitive....

and it is not mist, per say. It is "transferred air"

there is no water.
Not "transferred, "transformed". They don't say what transformed air means though and there is nothing in the article that mentioned there not being water involved. In fact, an image cannot be projected onto air. There has to be something in the air there for the image to project onto. A fine mist seems like a likely candidate.

I have the feeling that "transformed air" is basically a buzzword (A word or phrase connected with a specialized field or group that usually sounds important or technical and is used primarily to impress laypersons) that the company made up to make it sound more intriguing.