turbo b18 help!!!

civicsoulja21

Registered VIP
Ok guys I'm on vacation right now and when I get home a day or two later I'm dropping the car off and picking up some itr cams and maybe a Gsr head with the cams. So once I get all that done I'm going to see about e85 and an expensive tune haha lol

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you are wanting to go turbo, type r cams are a little bit in the wrong direction. They are usable, dont get me wrong, but they are long duration with large overlap which is not something you want for boost. You'll just end up degree-ing and tuning out that overlap but the high lift on the cams will play nice.

civicsoulja21

Registered VIP
Ok so how exactly do you think i should go about my setup? Anything is an option right now, i could go ls turbo, b20 turbo, b16 turbo, or a frankenstein turbo. My most important thing is i need it to start and run everyday so with that said how exactly would i be best off?

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
Ok so how exactly do you think i should go about my setup? Anything is an option right now, i could go ls turbo, b20 turbo, b16 turbo, or a frankenstein turbo. My most important thing is i need it to start and run everyday so with that said how exactly would i be best off?
leaving it 100% stock would be best off

just boost the LS, simple,cheaper, and cheaper to replace blown up s**t

nathan_carmona

Registered VIP
ls turbo. you'll be at full boost before vtec pops unless you have a VAFC and want to be constantly burning oil. A ls turbo with ls tranny (longer gears let you stay in boost longer) is a soild set up. stock internals on a fresh rebuild with ARP head studs and rod bolts can hold 12 psi and 320 hp EASY with 550cc injectors, 255 fuel pump, 2.5 inch exhaust, and a stage 2 clutch.

civic92si

Gina my Lady in red
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would just go LS turbo..or b16. i know alot of people with LSV wid turbo that didnt last very long