turbo conversion and low compression pistons complete,engine wont start

danny cretzu

hi guys wondering if you can help, i got a civic d16 turbo conversion standard engine , was running fine until bent connecting rod . i bought a low compression vitara pistons and eagle connecting rods from ebay fitted on the car but now engine wont start, only if i towing its start staying about 500 rpm but wont rev at all ,
-cylinders compression 8 bar(116 psi) all 4 cylinders
-no fault codes stored in ecu
thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my guess would be you need a new tune? was this car tuned before you bent a rod or were you driving without a tune?

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It takes three things for an engine to run: Fuel, spark, and air. Troubleshooting should start from each of those elements first.

danny cretzu

my guess would be you need a new tune? was this car tuned before you bent a rod or were you driving without a tune?
yes the car was tuned before, i was thinking the same thing cause now it's running with low compression , i will call the guy which tuned the car before and i will ask . thanks

It takes three things for an engine to run: Fuel, spark, and air. Troubleshooting should start from each of those elements first.
i already checked this 3 things,
first time the engine was flooded i change the glow plugs and checked the spark then towed the car and like i said its start but at low RPM

Last edited by a moderator:

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
i already checked this 3 things,
first time the engine was flooded i change the glow plugs and checked the spark then towed the car and like i said its start but at low RPM
You didn't change the MAP sensor or injectors or anything like that did you?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
glad you solved it! :thumbs up