Turbo Questions???

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are we talking about cheap quality or cheap price?

por que lo barato sale caro chico

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you want to blow up a pretty S2K go for it. Research, those kits are generally crap. Spend the money for a decent kit, or piece together a kit, and do it right.

Cheap. Fast. Reliable. Pick two, the third is what your car is not. And seeing as how (generally speaking in the Honda scene), you already have cheap scratched out, so don't go cheap, lol.

good luck!

steviezee47

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
bro its a s2000, buy the quality parts and not no bs parts that will blow your car up

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A turbo is a turbo. Sure the cheap ones wont perform as well, but theyre certainly not going to 'blow up' your engine. Just dont boost it over 7 or 8 psi and you'll be fine. Buy the best kit that you can afford.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
A turbo is a turbo. Sure the cheap ones wont perform as well, but theyre certainly not going to 'blow up' your engine. Just dont boost it over 7 or 8 psi and you'll be fine. Buy the best kit that you can afford.
Right, the turbo may be fine... for a while. There's a reason most brand name turbo's cost more than this kit itself. Who knows, he MAY get lucky and it will last for a while. Or, it might be fine for a few months and start leaking like crazy. You get what you pay for, IMO.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Please stop using "psi" as a measure of power. Size of the turbo is what matters, 5 psi coming from a huge turbo is a lot different than 5 psi coming from a tiny one.

mal2000si

5+ Year Member
pleaaaaaassse dont! a guy here a few mins away from me bought a 13 grand s2k and melted the pistons and cylinder walls, dont go cheap with a car like this!

redcivicls95

redcivicls95
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well i only want 5 lbs. Its a daily driver. I want to keep stock injectors. I dont want to go crazy. An extra 40 or 50 horse would be awesome. I just like how complete the kits are. This isnt the first thing ive boosted. Its really nice to just get everything at once instead of overnighting parts from Summit and thousands of trips to the hardware store. I saw on another forum that a guy ran a $400 ebay kit on an ap21for 2 years. It never had one problem, then he upgraded the turbo only and everything else is fine. A turbo is a turbo whether its cheap or expensive they do the same thing. Some last longer than others. I just need a small t3/t4 that will spin safely. And how the hell would it blow up my engine if the boost is tuned and set at a certain psi???? Are you sure you guys know what your talking about??? Ive done my research and i have friends that have boosted there Hayabusa's with these kits and ran them forever. I was just curious if anyone has boosted with a ebay kit and how they would rate it

charlie brown

smokey
Registered VIP
Well i only want 5 lbs. Its a daily driver. I want to keep stock injectors. I dont want to go crazy. An extra 40 or 50 horse would be awesome. I just like how complete the kits are. This isnt the first thing ive boosted. Its really nice to just get everything at once instead of overnighting parts from Summit and thousands of trips to the hardware store. I saw on another forum that a guy ran a $400 ebay kit on an ap21for 2 years. It never had one problem, then he upgraded the turbo only and everything else is fine. A turbo is a turbo whether its cheap or expensive they do the same thing. Some last longer than others. I just need a small t3/t4 that will spin safely. And how the hell would it blow up my engine if the boost is tuned and set at a certain psi???? Are you sure you guys know what your talking about??? Ive done my research and i have friends that have boosted there Hayabusa's with these kits and ran them forever. I was just curious if anyone has boosted with a ebay kit and how they would rate it
:smackself

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You realize most of us who posted in this thread HAVE a boosted car, right?

To the bolded text in the quote, that's exactly my point. And ebay... is NOT know for lasting.

emerican

Registered VIP
The search button would have helped you man if you would have searched ebay turbo kit then you would have seen that 99 percent of the people are going to tell you not to do it that you get what you pay for and that it wont last that 1 person who gets kucky and the ebay kit lasts for awhile is usally the exception and not the rule there is a reason the members on here with legit built turbo cars or have had built turbo cars are the same people telling you not to do this

redcivicls95

redcivicls95
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
idc what you guys drive or have boosted. This isnt my first boosted car, nor is this the first boosted car im going to build. I have more than average mechanical skill. I ordered a $750 kit. I purchased a manifold and im getting ready to order a gt35. Turbo upgrade, now im gonna see how long the acessories last. They seem very high quality. Glad i didnt listen to your opinions on this one. The packaging and everything was amazing everything wrapped up nice. Very happy with the quality look and feel of everything. Maybe you guys should go by the old "dont knock it, til you try it" money wasnt an option but this isnt my only vehicle so no reason to splurge. Thanks for the opinions though.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
idc what you guys drive or have boosted. This isnt my first boosted car, nor is this the first boosted car im going to build. I have more than average mechanical skill. I ordered a $750 kit. I purchased a manifold and im getting ready to order a gt35. Turbo upgrade, now im gonna see how long the acessories last. They seem very high quality. Glad i didnt listen to your opinions on this one. The packaging and everything was amazing everything wrapped up nice. Very happy with the quality look and feel of everything. Maybe you guys should go by the old "dont knock it, til you try it" money wasnt an option but this isnt my only vehicle so no reason to splurge. Thanks for the opinions though.
post up what you bought...im curious

emerican

Registered VIP
if you so glad you didnt listen to the people on here and you have boosted cars before why did you have to ask any questions or ask for others opion no point in asking if you dont care what they say and personally i dont care what you strap on your car its yours wont hurt mine any but i hope it works out for you