Turbo Questions???

redcivicls95

redcivicls95
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I didnt ask for opinions from anyone on the quality. I asked if anyone has ever used one of these kits. If you dont have something useful to add to this thread dont comment on it. I think thats what it said in the agreement when i started my account 3 YEARS ago. I gurantee i have owned and modified more honda/acura vehicles than 90% of the users on this site. Im on my 9th. I've never had one blow up on and i've boosted 4 of them. They all sold for double or triple what i paid for them. All i wanted was an opinion. I hope this site didnt turn into an immature post-all just to get your post numbers up like Honda-Tech. I want a yes or no answer on the sucess of these kits if anyone on here has tried one... Not your opinions

redcivicls95

redcivicls95
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I bought:
DOC racing ram horn style header with a t3 flange
gt35r turbo with a t3 flange
and the original posted turbo kit to use for the oil feed and return lines. as well as the intercooler piping and boost control
also the fan, turbo timer, oil catch can. etc.... i have less than $1000 in the whole set up.

emerican

Registered VIP
I hope it works out for you man i never want sumthing not to work
what will you be tunnig it with
one of my friends just bought the T3/T4 kit for his y8 had to do some customizng for it to fit right have you installed yours

redcivicls95

redcivicls95
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I hope it works out for you man i never want sumthing not to work
what will you be tunnig it with
one of my friends just bought the T3/T4 kit for his y8 had to do some customizng for it to fit right have you installed yours
Im not sure. I read a little on the K-pro and the AEM. My next question is if the stock injectors are efficient enough for 5-6 lbs of boost on a f-22. This is my first with this motor. I've heard a local company here in indiana called TRU motorsports does good dyno tuning work. But what do you guys think about the injectors and stock fuel pump. surely i can get an inline fuel pump booster and add a few psi and settle it with a regulator that was included in my kit. I guess im asking how far do you guys think the stock injectors can go as far as lbs of boost?

emerican

Registered VIP
I dont know much about s2k's what size are the stock injectors?
thats good that you have acces to dyno tuning if you decide to go that route

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I bought:
DOC racing ram horn style header with a t3 flange
gt35r turbo with a t3 flange
and the original posted turbo kit to use for the oil feed and return lines. as well as the intercooler piping and boost control
also the fan, turbo timer, oil catch can. etc.... i have less than $1000 in the whole set up.
never heard of DOC racing....and a search of google brought up nothing. :what: If these are all brand new parts, then they are cheaply made if your only paying 1k. Say what you want, in this industy you get what you pay for

Im not sure. I read a little on the K-pro and the AEM. My next question is if the stock injectors are efficient enough for 5-6 lbs of boost on a f-22. This is my first with this motor. I've heard a local company here in indiana called TRU motorsports does good dyno tuning work. But what do you guys think about the injectors and stock fuel pump. surely i can get an inline fuel pump booster and add a few psi and settle it with a regulator that was included in my kit. I guess im asking how far do you guys think the stock injectors can go as far as lbs of boost?
you need bigger injectors, and you need a fuel pump. Dont try to run a higher pressure to small injectors hoping that it will make you not run out of injector.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I didnt ask for opinions from anyone on the quality. I asked if anyone has ever used one of these kits. If you dont have something useful to add to this thread dont comment on it. I think thats what it said in the agreement when i started my account 3 YEARS ago. I gurantee i have owned and modified more honda/acura vehicles than 90% of the users on this site. Im on my 9th. I've never had one blow up on and i've boosted 4 of them. They all sold for double or triple what i paid for them. All i wanted was an opinion. I hope this site didnt turn into an immature post-all just to get your post numbers up like Honda-Tech. I want a yes or no answer on the sucess of these kits if anyone on here has tried one... Not your opinions
just because you've had 4 turbo cars dosnt mean s**t. Your still coming to a online forum for civics and asking basic stuff. This leads me to believe that you didnt build any of those 9 cars yourself, and they were probably pretty ghetto at best.

redcivicls95

redcivicls95
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just because you've had 4 turbo cars dosnt mean s**t. Your still coming to a online forum for civics and asking basic stuff. This leads me to believe that you didnt build any of those 9 cars yourself, and they were probably pretty ghetto at best.
ok

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a t3/t4 turbonetics turbo for sale cheap if u want to start with that...

i can tell u its an ebay turbo if that will help the buying factor for u...

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
To the bolded text in quote, so all you were looking for was a "Yes, I have." or "No, I have not."? Of course you are going to get peoples opinions especially on an subjective topic like this. There is a reason people tend to stray away from them, and it's because they are known to have problems, fitment issues, etc.