Turbo Rotary Mazda Minitruck Build

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you dont have power windows... how are you going to roll the windows down? installing cranks, or just saying f-it?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you dont have power windows... how are you going to roll the windows down? installing cranks, or just saying f-it?
Ok so u realize u r driving me to do fučkînğ power windows now right?

Just as long as u realize the damage u have done....

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Power windows may be heavier, but they're oh so nice ;)

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

:cool: but oh so worth it! enjoy the wiring... it was a PITA on my hatch!

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
YYEAAAPPPP...

I'm still enjoying this build

shields

I'm a Vag-etarian.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Egh, f**k Karma...dude shouldn't have been sleepin' on the job...Nice pick up, can't wait to see some pics!

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

:rolf:

Im freakin envious of that truck. and your dam good deal!!!!!!!! lol that finished cab is gonna be insane!! :thumbs up

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$16 FTW ... those jy's charge so much on other s**t its ridicilous

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i see no damage done. only motivation
well power windows are gonna have to wait for now atleast...
i have enough s**t on my plate....

Power windows may be heavier, but they're oh so nice ;)
who cares about heavy?
imma need all the weight i can get in the back of this truck once its up and running to keep the wheels planted on the ground

:cool: but oh so worth it! enjoy the wiring... it was a PITA on my hatch!
ya, i hate wiring...

YYEAAAPPPP...

I'm still enjoying this build
atleast one person is...

Egh, f*** Karma...dude shouldn't have been sleepin' on the job...Nice pick up, can't wait to see some pics!
thanks. ur wish is my command...

:rolf:

Im freakin envious of that truck. and your dam good deal!!!!!!!! lol that finished cab is gonna be insane!! :thumbs up
yessir! im sure hoping it turns out how it looks in my head. i have been having a buddy of mine over the last few nights and he has been a great bg help. its always better having two brains than one..

$16 FTW ... those jy's charge so much on other s*** its ridicilous
i just found out the window brand new for this is around $350 lol. so im sure gonna try not to f**k this one up haha...

:D

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so on to updates for u fellars...

i got home from work on monday and decided to get some s*** done!

little did i know that two of my buddies would end up stopping by and lending a huge hand to get the ball rolling on my newest creation lol...

so first off i have to throw out a big thanks to those guys for stopping by and lending their whole night to me!

back on track-- first things first i had to get the rest of the front sheetmetal seperated from the window track and frame and the rear sheetmetal. after i did that then i took a sharpie and trace out the body line where the window would mould easiest to the mazda body lines...

then after everything was trimmed, it was time to rip off the bed to check for fitment. this is also a great time to have friends, because even though the bed is pretty much fully cut out, its heavy and cumbersome...

so bed is pulled giving us enough room to work...

rear window removed, time to do some cutting!

me neighbors have got to hate me..

this is about the time when u start s***ting bricks hoping all of ur measurements r balls on...

so then we fitted the window and made our marks to see what needed trimmed to sit flush. here is my buddy jeremy doing work with the cutoff wheel..

my wife has been fiending to get her hands dirty, so when it came time to wire wheel off the paint to get a good welding surface, in she stepped and did a damn good job! she had to ruin the moment by informing me that it is just like doing nails....

not real sure y im posting this pic, since she put it on facebook literally ten seconds after i sent it to her phone lol...

sorry for the dark pics, it was super late...

but anyways, tacked into place...

can we fill the gap? yes we can!

whats this? inner guts being fitted? i think so...

material removed from the inside to allow the frame to sit flush so it can all be spot welded together...

tacked together and even test fitting the moulding.... sure glad i have a collision repair buddy helping me on this sheetmetal fab!

window test fit! that rolls down far enough for me!

fully welded the top. man this thing is solid!

ive got quite a bit farther, but havent loaded pics. figured u guys just wanted to see updates!

cost of this project so far is the $16 for the whole setup lol
3 thirty packs of stones and a couple bottles of bubbly(yes, thats a thirty pack a night between two of us lol)
some cutoff wheels
grinder discs, and a broken grinder....

need to get a new grinder today, but i ordered a big purchase last night, that as soon as it comes in i will have it mocked up and pics up!

i really think u guys will like this...

wanted to throw another thank u out to my friends for the help. this wouldve taken three times as long without u!
the amount of time that went into finding the spot welds and drilling them out and also helping chisel through to seperate the two sections was astronomical! couldnt have done it without u guys!

more updates to come!

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Hot damn, these are the kinds of updates I look forward to in your thread. Great job getting that fitted up.. I love the custom aspect of this built.. totally genius and still super clean.

More parts coming.. any hints on what it is!?!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice work on that window man! It's coming along nicely!
thank u! just lots of welding and bracing everything off. tried the motor, but i think its burnt up, so i will have to source a new one of those now also...

that looks sick man! mad props to you sir!
save ur props til u see whats next...

Hot damn, these are the kinds of updates I look forward to in your thread. Great job getting that fitted up.. I love the custom aspect of this built.. totally genius and still super clean.

More parts coming.. any hints on what it is!?!
well im glad u approve, but im running out of super genius custom things i can do to this truck without it getting overdone and gawdy...
and no hints for new parts since its another one off custom part that has never been done before as far as i know...

oh, and its something i swore i would never own since they have been played out through the roof on minitrucks... well theres ur hint i guess haha

Great work man! Keep it up.
i still have today, tomorrow and sunday to work on this junker, so hopefully the updates keep rolling!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
alright, im trying to keep this thing updated for u guys so i dont get flack, but u do realize every minute i spend on the computer takes away from my precious garage time!? lol

on to the updates from yesterday!

so first things first i cutout another piece to flush fit my smooth rear cab wall. nobody should really ever see this, but it adds to structural support and also just looks cool( just in case i ever do a tilt bed or something)

these pictures look like ass on my computer. hope they look better on ur screen...

i also went and bought a new grinder and some flap discs and such and started grinding down my welds on the rear. then i did some welding on the inside for the cab wall and also on the top of the frame for the window.

then it got hot, so i went outside and played on the slip and slide with the kiddos. after it started to cool down and i could stand to be back in the garage i started working on the front of the truck.

i finally tacked in my inner fenders where i wanted them and have enough room to clear bigger wheels once i decide to make that purchase lol..

but now i have a problem. my hinges for my hood wont go all the way down, so i have to do a little cutting and bending...

much better...

i havent had a functioning hood on this truck for years. and before that it had a hole cut in it because the engine stuck through it. now that i have the rotary, i can run a stock hood, and thats not even a b2600i bubble hood.

not everyday u see a doored truck that runs a stock hood!

so i have a few little fitment issues with the front of the truck so that my hood lines up properly, but thats easily fixed when i reallign my front end and make sure everything is squared up! thats the least of my concerns right now...

and some random pics while i relaxed and had a few brews...

bed back on. well moved out of the way so the wifey can do laundry lol...

got dayum that rear window is gonna be HUGE!

plans for today are to work on the floor and get that finished and hopefully start mounting my seats. then jeremy is supposed to come back over tonight so we can brace in the rear cab wall and get that all squared away...

doesnt seem like much, but thats a lot on my plate for today.

maybe more updates tomorrow!

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow, this is the best build thread on this site I think. So much work done and so much more til it's complete, hope I'm still alive to see the end of it!

Jabes

5+ Year Member
wow been looking at this build for awhile and its coming along pretty sick, I love all the custom stuff that youve done to the truck. One question tho, what isn't custom about this truck? lol keep it up

donovan772

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That window is gonna have some nice air flow through the truck while your cruising with all of the windows down, should be nice. Sucks that your going to have to find a new motor though, seems like it's almost ready to be started up and just move around the block or something. But I realize that there is still a good bit of work to be done, keep it up man!