Tutorial on how to install HID's?

crazyfool0821

5+ Year Member
I just got my kit in today, and I want to install it tonight, and I've been searching the internet and can't find a tutorial on how to install them...I have an 01 Civic and I wasn't sure if it's the same as doing it on a newer model or not. I know you just take the existing lights out and put the new ones in and mount the ballast but I just want a tutorial or something just to make sure I don't mess anything up. I know this has been posted a lot, but I've searched and didn't find anything. Thanks for any help!

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
heres how i made my new relay harness for 02 civic.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
it depends on what HID kit you got. If you got one that is strictly plug and play..thats all you need to do.

X-aCuTiOnA

W.W.H.D.?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it depends on what HID kit you got. If you got one that is strictly plug and play..thats all you need to do.
despite if its a PNP or not, gearbox has the right idea. civics werent designed to run powerful HL. You should hard wire them to a 12V source with a relay and in-line fuse. in the long run you'll be better of. You dont want to start frying s**t.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
post up some pics.. I want to see how much the light scatters on them. I'm debating on them, I just don't want to take more time to do a retro...

Oh, and post some pics of the light hitting a wall or garage door or something too...

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i've had my HID kit for the past 1.5 years and haven't had any electrical problems at all...:what:

crazyfool0821

5+ Year Member
I've got some phone pictures, I'll send them to my e-mail then post those up. I'll get some better pictures with a camera later tonight or tomorrow night.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
post up some pics.. I want to see how much the light scatters on them. I'm debating on them, I just don't want to take more time to do a retro...

Oh, and post some pics of the light hitting a wall or garage door or something too...
on the 8thgen youll be fine, but not the older one.

crazyfool0821

5+ Year Member
Low beams:

High beams:

I haven't aimed them right yet. They're ok for now, but sometime this week I'm going to re-aim them.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh boy, traffic is going to hate you!

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks like the cat in picture one is about to s**t bricks

crazyfool0821

5+ Year Member
I'm pretty sure I blinded it for a second :lol:

I think I may have made one guy mad, he kept speeding up to get away from me.

X-aCuTiOnA

W.W.H.D.?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jebus!!! You can light up doger stadium with those damn things!!!