type R lsd in gsr tranny.

KennyC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anybody know where i can find a how to for this ? im gonna be putting a type R lsd in my tranny.

Inigo Montoya

powered by boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
k.west said:
anybody know where i can find a how to for this ? im gonna be putting a type R lsd in my tranny.
search HT, oh and u no0b for postin it here

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if you have to ask.. take it to a shop. i love doing my own work, but when your talkin tranny internals, theres just too damn many extremely tight tolerances that go into making it work for an amateur to go at it. it also requiers quite a few specialized tools. and an online how to aint gonna do you much good in the garage, if you dont already have one, you need to get a helms manual or two (for a hybrid) www.helminc.com

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is it a worthy swap...? I know GSR trannies are fine as it is

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
turbo95eg6 said:
is it a worthy swap...? I know GSR trannies are fine as it is

do you know what an lsd is/does?

EBPimpSi

CCCC member #76
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont you have change out some of the gears on the GSR tranny just to use the type r lsd

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you need to replace the ring gear if im not mistaken, but none of the actual gear rations need to be changed.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh s**t, I misread the post...thought you were swappin your gsr tranny for a type r tranny....didnt see the LSD

KennyC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
handlebarsfsr said:
you need to replace the ring gear if im not mistaken, but none of the actual gear rations need to be changed.
its a direct swap, and i know i can do it, and i also know what tools are needed. I just need some basic guildlines to help, Nothing onHonda-tech that was the first place i checked.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the casing is different bro, doesnt fit liek bang bang (well, im not 100% sure on this but i've read up a lil bit about it). .. and dont buy that sorry ass LSD. . . if your gonna get LSD, go all out

Quaife :thumbs up

click here and read up, i havent actually read the whole thread myself, but you may find this useful

as well as im moving this into the correct lounge you pot head

KennyC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
naw i know for a fact its a perfect fit. ITR lsd is coo enough for me.

KennyC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ooops my bad, i wasnt talkin about CTR. talxin about ITR. Im not a pot head........

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^If your gonna put out more power than a ITR, you need to get a quaife. The stock LSD will seize on you, well unless you gonna keep your car stock.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
turbo95eg6 said:
^^If your gonna put out more power than a ITR, you need to get a quaife. The stock LSD will seize on you, well unless you gonna keep your car stock.

sieze.. man where the hell are you getting your info? do you know what a itr lsd is or how it works? its a viscous coupling, it works by having spinning plates that are very close to each other, but dont touch, in a viscous fluid, which is a fluid that when sheared and heated causes it to thicken up. when the wheels are spinning the same speed, the fluid is cool, and it acts like an open diff. when the wheels turn at different speeds, it whips up the fluid, causing it to heat up and thicken, partially locking the wheels together- limited slip. when fed too much power, it just stops functioning as an lsd because the engine power overcomes the viscous fluid's holding power, it wont f**kin sieze up. just about all lsd's when fed too much power wear out and begin to work like regular open diffs, they dont sieze. and the stock itr/ctr lsd is good for well over 200 whp, ive seen them work with some success in turbo c ars with nearly 300 whp. know what the hell your talking about before you spread misinformation.

Ravage70

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would go quaiffe cuz its the best out there when ur looking to add big gains to ur engine
it also has a lifetime warantee and there is no required break in period like the kaaz