Underbody Lighting Kit

Fizzerman

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a 94 Civic LX sedan. I got a led underbody kit from www.ledunderbody.com/ I’m wondering how some of ya’ll installed them. I looked under my car and I have the bottom plastic goes a little under the car.

Attachments

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I have a 94 Civic LX sedan. I got a led underbody kit from www.ledunderbody.com/ I’m wondering how some of ya’ll installed them. I looked under my car and I have the bottom plastic goes a little under the car.
That plastic is the OEM sideskirts. A lot folks back in the day would replace some of the plastic riv-nuts with the ziptie rivet. Allowed you ziptie the lighting directly but it lowers the cars clearance. Seen a lot of kits get smashed using this style of retention.

Kits that you can put into the recessed sections of the unibody will maintain clearance also looks better in my opinion as you can not see the light itself, and only the underglow.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
@XpL0d3r this is one of those threads where I cant tell if It's a bot posting or not. Account is 10 years+ old, 4 total posts in 10 years though? We will see if its AI bot or not.

Fizzerman

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not a bot. I sold my 93 civic years ago. I got the 94 last year in October. Got the light kit and was wondering how people installed them.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Welcome back!

Fizzerman

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thank you. What size ziptie rivets would I need? Is there other ways to attach them?

Brak

Respected
5+ Year Member
S Clips are regularly used to route wiring along frames on trailers and whatnot...
They have a little tooth that prevents them from slipping off.

you can slide it over the inner edge of the side skirt, or any other flat piece.
if the lights won't fit inside the clip, you could ziptie the lights to them

Looks like this

There are different sizes and styles. so you'll need to figure out which ones you want.

The example's Amazon Link HERE

Last edited: