Update: EG6/B16A2 Fresh Paint w/Bodywork

Hatch_Of_Doom

death's just death
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
HOT. I want to paint my roof black. Is it still Milano Red paint, or a new color code that is just close.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
THe roof is cool in black, but why paint the hood black? Just go with carbon fiber.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Black paint on the roof looks terrible enough, I cant believe you did it to the tailgate.

Hatch_Of_Doom

death's just death
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
turbo95eg6 said:
Black paint on the roof looks terrible enough, I cant believe you did it to the tailgate.
You talking about the general CONCEPT of a black roof, or just the quality of his paint?

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
keep in mind he hasnt wetsanded and buffed yet...I know I've seen some jobs that looked like compleete and utter s**t but after they sanded...*tear* *sniff* it was so beautiful

EG6/B16A2

__B-Series-ous__
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
THe roof is cool in black, but why paint the hood black? Just go with carbon fiber.
Thanks, well my hood is CF not black.

EG6/B16A2

__B-Series-ous__
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
turbo95eg6 said:
Well i like the look of the roof and the tailgate, i will be replacing the tailgate with CF later so i painted it until than, I also have CF front lip and CF wing with mud flaps already. With new rims on the way.

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
clean paint job, not diggin the black tailgate though, and imo, a black roof on red doesn't look very good, but if you like it, thats all that matters

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i like the idea...if I wasnt going to paint an all black car to begin with, I would probably do my roof and s**t black on the crx

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hatch_Of_Doom said:
You talking about the general CONCEPT of a black roof, or just the quality of his paint?
The concept. Maybe it was a bit unique when people started doing that a while ago, but now its just plain retarded.

EG6/B16A2

__B-Series-ous__
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
T!mmy said:
keep in mind he hasnt wetsanded and buffed yet...I know I've seen some jobs that looked like compleete and utter s**t but after they sanded...*tear* *sniff* it was so beautiful
Very true, it had just been done that day when i took the pics. The paint will end up being alot like the mirrors. I used Miliano red for the Red paint code: R-81 and a basic black with a gallon of clear.

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
turbo95eg6 said:
The concept. Maybe it was a bit unique when people started doing that a while ago, but now its just plain retarded.
on some cars I think it flows really well, although, I will argue that if your windows are tinted fairly dark, doesnt do it near as much justice

EG6/B16A2

__B-Series-ous__
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
turbo95eg6 said:
Well its your opinion and that’s cool, I realize that not everyone will like it, like when your HB was fully kitted out :nono: (and it looks much better now I must say ;) ) but it’s the paint concept “I” have always liked and if I would have had the money to do it when I first fell in love with it believe me I would have but at the time it just wasn’t financially smart I had other things that needed my money unfortunately. And believe me it will look much better when it’s sanded, buffed and I can put it back together :lol: …my interior is next than my tranny…upcoming turbo project after I get back from Utah. Thanks for the feedback guys.

P.S. About the tent I live in TEXAS (Go Longhorns!) and if you didn’t know it hot as hell here and my daughter was cooking in the back when we drove the HB. I didn’t really want tent but when im cooking my daughter…well you know you do what you have to.

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh i just noticed you were in TX, where abouts?

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
can't wait to see the outcome :thumbs up

kangaroo

..........UPS.........
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member