Torque @ RPM: 123 @ 4850
$17,300 MSRP

Veloster Turbo

Type: Twin-scroll turbocharged intercooled inline 4-cylinder
Displacement: 1.6
Horsepower @ RPM: 201 @ 6000
Torque @ RPM: 195@1750-4500
$21,500 MSRP

The Grey Car is the Turbo Model. Pictures are posted so that similar angles of each can be seen

Any thoughts/comments? Is this what the CRZ should have been?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hyundai is really stepping up their game.... I think I'd rather have this over a CRZ to be quite honest.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Veloster... wasn't that the name of a car in Grand Theft Auto? :lol:

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I saw the veloster turbo at the Detroit Auto Show a few months ago I thought it was a pretty cool little car. got to sit inside it and everything it was really nice.
personally ever since i moved to michigan and started working for an american car company i will only be buying american now, but if this wasn't the case i would consider buying a veloster turbo.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hecks yea I would rock one!

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I still prefer the look of the CRZ over the Veloster. I drive for work about 9 hours a day and I see so many of each. A test drive would be the deciding factor I think and it would all depend on what stage of life I'm in. 201 hp sounds real nice though.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hyundai is really stepping up their game.... I think I'd rather have this over a CRZ to be quite honest.

They are in styling and quality.
I have to admit, compared to boring Honda, at least they are trying to build "fun" cars and adding factory boost.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They are in styling and quality.
I have to admit, compared to boring Honda, at least they are trying to build "fun" cars and adding factory boost.
Honda is sticking to what they do best and are known for: reliability and economy purposes.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Honda is sticking to what they do best and are known for: reliability and economy purposes.
That would be a valid argument if other companies were not stepping up and doing the same.

It's known and clear that they tried to freshen up the 9th gen last year due to weakening position against the competition, but seemingly didn't help.
Honda is motor company and made a name for themselves through racing as well.
They also had a little racing spirit and were known for fun, we haven't had an R configuration of anything over here in over a decade. They killed that, the NSX,(despite the new one which supposedly is AWD but the front wheels are electric powered?) the S2000 and practical utilitarian vehicles like the Element. For which they claim did not sell, but no matter where I go, they seem to be everywhere.
Other companies are passing them as many seem to be coming up with inspired designs, both inside and out and seemingly more fun engine configurations.

For a few decades Honda was fun but lately their designs seem boring and uninspired, (maybe trying to grab the Buick/Oldsmobile crowd :lol:).

Not to go unnoticed, but Toyota has gone down the same road too.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Honda should hop on the turbo/diesel bandwagon. Those things last forever too.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Honda should hop on the turbo/diesel bandwagon. Those things last forever too.

Yup!
Europeans have been driving these configurations for years with lots of success.
The US has a small handful of turbo diesel cars, but for me, only VW comes to mind.
Does Mercedes have anything current that is TD in the US market?

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
Mercedes has a couple diesels I believe out within the past couple years. Hell I even like the new chevy sonic turbo

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
And mercedes new diesel line up everything is using bluetec. On the other note the veloster is dope kinda weird if modding came available I think it would be really fun. Hell even a tune with a meth injection kit

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yup!
Europeans have been driving these configurations for years with lots of success.
The US has a small handful of turbo diesel cars, but for me, only VW comes to mind.
Does Mercedes have anything current that is TD in the US market?
the reason why most car manufacturers are not introducting TD options in the US market is because they are estimating that they simply would not do very well. america as a whole is mainly dependant on gasoline engines for cars (trucks is a different story). also, the baby boomers generation still have a false idea of diesels because of they were failry dirty back in the 50's and 60's. nowadays diesels are cleaner than ever and very efficient but the baby boomers do not get this because what they grew up with is what they know.
also, since diesel is generally always higher priced than gasoline, most people turn away from diesel because of that one reason alone, despite the fact that the diesel may be getting almost twice the mpg of their gasoline in the long run.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Maybe it's just me but I still can't get myself interested in a Hyundai. They look good in pictures but I've seen them in person and haven't been impressed. I don't know if it's just quality of materials but they always look cheap to me in person. I've sat in a CRZ and want to test drive one. If they were out when I bought my Fit I might have gotten one.

I know Hyundai is making much better cars than they used to, but still… :what:

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Maybe it's just me but I still can't get myself interested in a Hyundai. They look good in pictures but I've seen them in person and haven't been impressed.
I feel the same way about Honda's current lineup.
:what:

Along with the Veloster, the Ford Focus ST catches my eye as well.