Virginia tech SHOOTING

stolibears

Use your dipstick Jimmy!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Rand0m said:
havent been able to keep the TV on, and didnt read any reports yet --- but did they say how he managed to hide out for 2 hours before he started shooting AGAIN?!?! seems a bit rediculous
not much info is being leaked right now, the chief of police said it was "still under investigation" and couldn't comment on whether or not it was a student. I'm guessing he went nuts cause he was failing or had issues with a girl.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just heard about it literally 5-10 minutes ago. So tragic....

I come home from a funeral just yesterday and now I read about this stupid s**t...

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dang....my prayers go out to the families affected by this.

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
f**kin a.....my cousin is there, he was IN Norris (the classroom building) and my god-sister/best friend lives on the floor of AJ (the dorm building) that he shot up.....

i want him to come back to life so all the families can give him a good shot to the nuts

stolibears

Use your dipstick Jimmy!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i just got an email from an old classmate I had in Radford (15 min from tech) who now works there and this is what he said...

"... In fact, we had a couple of people teaching classes in Norris this morning. One of them had a TA teaching and said they saw the guy coming down the hall and got the students to bar the door then the guy went to the next classroom, crazy! The other faculty member teaching there I haven't heard about, as far as I know it could be the classroom that was hit. We have heard all kinds of rumors, one of the worst is that the guy made the students line up execution style and get shot -- I can't imagine doing that, even at gun point."

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My buddy told me the shooter left a room to reload or something, and went to go back in and the students held the door shut, while the shooter attempted to shoot through the door. But the bullets didn't penetrate the wood.

If that's true, that's f**kin awesome. If I was the shooter, I'd be pissed beyond f**k that a wooden door is stopping my bullets.

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and word officially why he did it?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't think so...not yet....

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
this is from what my god-sister told me, she said that he showed up looking for his gf because she slept with the RA and he was pissed. the news conference just said that the 2 victims in AJ were 1 male 1 female, im bettin that the male victim was the RA....just my presumption

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yep he was asian...this whole thing is heart wrenching man. I'm willing to bet he was bullied or something, seems to be a common theme with school shootings.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:word:.

And wtf with the asian-ness. I mean...I'll admit we're crazy f**kers but... Shootings is just....f**king insane.

slammed98hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Rand0m said:
havent been able to keep the TV on, and didnt read any reports yet --- but did they say how he managed to hide out for 2 hours before he started shooting AGAIN?!?! seems a bit rediculous
I'm pretty sure that the reason is because the police thought initially that the first shooting int he dorm was related to a domestic problem. Which would explain why 1female and 1 male were dead. The policed thought that he had left the campus, and the state.

How would they close down a campus with 100's of buildings, VT is almost like a little city? They did there best. And those announcers really really pissed me off at the press conference. The police had there manpower at the first shooting..

in the end, we need to stop putting blame on people and mourn those that were killed. it's a tragic day.

snozepp147

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
f**kin' selfish coward. i hope everyone i know is alright and send my condolences to all families involved.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im not trying to be insensitive, but in 2 hours how do you NOT put the school on lockdown / evacuate it?

I mean s**t, they said the first shooting happened in a dorm and the second in the classroom. I know college campuses and info spreads like crazy, especially in a 2 hour time period they definetly shouldve been able to put the school on lockdown and protect that classroom..

But overall, its very tragic and my prayers do go out to the victim's families.

"V"

16-0
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sk8shorty017 said:
Im not trying to be insensitive, but in 2 hours how do you NOT put the school on lockdown / evacuate it?

I mean s**t, they said the first shooting happened in a dorm and the second in the classroom. I know college campuses and info spreads like crazy, especially in a 2 hour time period they definetly shouldve been able to put the school on lockdown and protect that classroom..

But overall, its very tragic and my prayers do go out to the victim's families.
From what I've heard in the news they didn't even email or notify the students that there had been an incident until well after 9:30, 2+ hours later. The University president didn't cancel classes becuase he thought they had the incident secured. Secured?? They didn't even know where the gunman was! The school dropped the ball on this one. If they had canceled classes and told students to stay inside and lock their doors like they did a few months back when classes first started and they had another gunman on the loose on their campus, this tragedy could have been prevented, or at least a few lives could have been spared.

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i heard this on the radio this morning... its crazy...i really dont know what to say...