VOTE: Who wants Lounge posts to count....

Should Lounge posts be counted?

• Yes

Votes: 64 63.4%
  • No

Votes: 37 36.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FANATTIC8228

Banned
The Grim Sleeper said:
That was probably me you saw getting banned voicing my opinion. Ive been deticated to this forum since the day I joined back in 2003 trying to help people with their problems, helping out with tech info, getting to know everyone, trying to help with problems on the site. But this is the thanks I get over some bullshit.
Yes, I do beleive you were one of the people that was banned. I was also referring to another thread in this section, I beleive it was yesterday, the guy got banned for saying he didn't agree with this new decision, IMO that is just wrong, I know they were trying to make an example out of the guy, but it's still wrong and makes the mods look like bullies. When I was searching for forums to join, I picked this one because it said it was an internet community, which made me think that it was a place to discuss not only our passion for Honda's, and cars in general, but also any other hobbies and interests that we may have. I do think that this decision will cause more trouble in the long run, because it will encourage new people to whore up the tech threads, or any other sections in order to reach that 500 post count and have access to that VIP area which you all talk about. I think this is an idea that can backfire very badly, they say they are trying to discourage whoring, but I think this new rule will serve just the opposite purpose, it will make other "important" and helpful threads get diluted with useless posts, like, I agree, werd, yeah that is what I was thinking, etc.

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Tom said:
sure we all know there is crap where it's not supposed to be, adn that's what we're working on doing, and yes it's going to take awhile.
all of the threads since the creation of club civic are STILL available to ANYONE... one click of a button and they are there.... like i said, there should be an ARCHIVE. and its should only be available if you do a search in the archives

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
we are eliminating that section eventually because its redundent (SP?) if you make a hi im new i need to know how to change my tail lights.. they can just post it in the correct forum... if they make a hi im new here is my car (with pics) it can go in the members ride section... ;) alot of people didnt even look at the noob section.. so people were missing out on potential help..
ok thanks just wondering 8)

Mami2fAst4u

ur supposed to be smiling
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this is so retarded.....i dont care if i never make it to VIP....i aready saw anfrey's cock lol

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mami2fAst4u said:
this is so retarded.....i dont care if i never make it to VIP....i aready saw anfrey's cock lol
that really is the best quote in this thread.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mami2fAst4u said:
sig worthy lol

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this is the stupidest s**t EVER

who gives two f**ks about your post count, open your front door and step outside...

some people are so caught up in this website they forget they're sitting on a chair staring at a box all day long

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
slambed_civic said:
all of the threads since the creation of club civic are STILL available to ANYONE... one click of a button and they are there.... like i said, there should be an ARCHIVE. and its should only be available if you do a search in the archives
sure if you search they will show up outta there, and thats so you can still post in whatever thread to relate to the topic, not just to read.

no matter what our views about it are different, so back on topic please.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The Grim Sleeper said:
That was probably me you saw getting banned voicing my opinion. Ive been deticated to this forum since the day I joined back in 2003 trying to help people with their problems, helping out with tech info, getting to know everyone, trying to help with problems on the site. But this is the thanks I get over some bullshit.
and ths why i aint see u in a while...tsh bullshit... :x

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
Well at least you are trying to intice a more intelligent crowd. Whoring will have to be done with more thought in the tech forums, instead of in the Lounge. I see. :P
look man i can TOTALLY appreciate why people dont like change.. heres the deal (as i see it)

there are a handfull of issues with CC..

1. they assholeness between SOME members... there are SOME people who are members here JUST to talk s**t and stir the pot.. and yeah its funny.. BUT those people are hurting are new member take... people register... make one post in the wrong section.. and next thing you know they are being called every name imaginable, and NOT having the question answered.... so they simply leave... and well thats bullshit.. its totally cool and ok to NOT like a body kit.. or to not like someones spray painted head lights... but it becomes a problem when people e-thug people over that s**t.. for one its just ghey and has no place here... we are REALLY trying to get a LITTLE more strict on that.. again its ok to tell someone you think a part they purchased is silly, or not something you would own... its not ok to tell them they are a fag and you hope they crash and burn to death.. the owner of the site.. the guy who pays the bills JUST asks for the members to be a LITTLE civil to each other..

2. people post whatever they want where ever they want... this goes mostly for the noob section and how to... we are fixing both to make them better.. we are trying to get the how to section and turn it into a well inventoried section of complete how tos.. a section that is easier to search...

3. we use post count as a means of determining when members can gain certain abilities... the lounge is a free for all.... people post anything and everything in there... and thats fine.. but this is a honda site before it is a social circle.. so we made posts in there not count.. i mean i saw posts go from 2,000 to 20 absolutely no disrespect to that particular member.. but do you think he is here to help people with cars? or offer some good how tos?? or even post some good pictures of his car? the answer is no.. hes here to whore.. and BS.. and honestly i have NO PROBLEM with that.. but it wont contribute to getting him more abilities with the site..

this site gives a lot.. we have contests.. tech info.. featured cars.. discounts... and even raffles where you get the chance to win parts for small donations.. we are JUST asking that you be patient.. and go with the flow.. we are trying to make the site better... not hurt anyone..... look man im personaly sorry that you dislike the policy... but here my final view on that... i post in the lounge, when i have something to post that doesnt matter, and i just want to chat and BS... i dont want or expect my post count to increase with that.. if it were up to me id change my post count to 1..... as it REALLY doesnt matter to me at all...

quality>quantity

i hope you and the rest of the members stick around... see how it works out.. continue to contribute to the site..

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
seriously though, what has everyone's social lives come to when they get so bent out of shape over post count

pathetic... 9/10s of the people on here would be embarassed as f**k if their friends knew about this...

skinnyjdm

Always bet on black
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mami2fAst4u said:
:haha: :haha: :haha:
gimmie gimmie gimmie

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Tom said:
sure if you search they will show up outta there, and thats so you can still post in whatever thread to relate to the topic, not just to read.

no matter what our views about it are different, so back on topic please.
i am on topic, this ALL refers to post count, if you dont want all the unnecessary posts... the GET RID OF THE LOUNGE, and make an archive where people have to use a search function to find the topics to post in. its that simple...

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
J.H. Holiday said:
Yes, I do beleive you were one of the people that was banned. I was also referring to another thread in this section, I beleive it was yesterday, the guy got banned for saying he didn't agree with this new decision, IMO that is just wrong, I know they were trying to make an example out of the guy, but it's still wrong and makes the mods look like bullies. When I was searching for forums to join, I picked this one because it said it was an internet community, which made me think that it was a place to discuss not only our passion for Honda's, and cars in general, but also any other hobbies and interests that we may have. I do think that this decision will cause more trouble in the long run, because it will encourage new people to whore up the tech threads, or any other sections in order to reach that 500 post count and have access to that VIP area which you all talk about. I think this is an idea that can backfire very badly, they say they are trying to discourage whoring, but I think this new rule will serve just the opposite purpose, it will make other "important" and helpful threads get diluted with useless posts, like, I agree, werd, yeah that is what I was thinking, etc.
actualy he was banned for bashing everyone all the time.... the owner of the site was tired of "warning" him.. so he was banned... just clearing that up...

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
eliminate all of the post counts. just get rid of them... theres no reason to have them anyway.... MAD threads get deleted anyway, so who really cares? over 1200 of my posts have been deleted......

things like this are what makes me go to h-t all the time.. everyone there is friendly... if a thread needs to be moved...its moved... you dont get banned for posting it in the wrong place, or warned, or yelled at and be called a noob..

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
this is a honda site before it is a social circle
I'll have to disagree with that one.

This is a site for friends, clubcivic is never going to be a completely tech website so why try and make it something its not. Not that I'm against the new rules, at all.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DirtyD said:
seriously though, what has everyone's social lives come to when they get so bent out of shape over post count

pathetic... 9/10s of the people on here would be embarassed as f**k if their friends knew about this...
soo true

and as to slambed_civic --- before in my one post, i wasnt talking about you, i was just saying that so that other people wouldnt blame the mods "power-tripping" because that was a big excuse members would use last time trouble came up...and in all honesty, i thought all of this was jay jay's idea...i didnt know tom was behind it all ---- with that being said --- BURN TOM!!!!!! :twisted:

haha, j/k tom ;)

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DirtyD said:
I'll have to disagree with that one.

This is a site for friends, clubcivic is never going to be a completely tech website so why try and make it something its not.
you misunderstood a little.. it has become a social circle.. which is GREAT.. but primarily.. when the site was made.. obviously.. its intent was a honda site... "club civic" know what i mean ;)

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Rand0m said:
soo true

and as to slambed_civic --- before in my one post, i wasnt talking about you, i was just saying that so that other people wouldnt blame the mods "power-tripping" because that was a big excuse members would use last time trouble came up...and in all honesty, i thought all of this was jay jay's idea...i didnt know tom was behind it all ---- with that being said --- BURN TOM!!!!!! :twisted:

haha, j/k tom ;)
no big deal, i just wanted ya to know that i was aiming the gun at anyone by any means.

i say settle it all by getting rid of post counts! they get deleted and hella drop anyway....

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blazed said:
and ths why i aint see u in a while...tsh bullshit... :x
Yes this is why. I rather keep my knowledge to myself rather then post & get a assload of bullshit to follow after it

Status
Not open for further replies.