bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2slo4u said:
how do you go about adding more boost?
I think it depends what kind of wg you have, you can add springs to an external wg. I lowered the boost on my stock DSM turbo by cutting the rod on the internal wg. If I want to add more boost I can just make the rod bigger again :naughty: or just get a boost controller and add and lower my boost when I want

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
how does a boost controller work...i know it goes inbetween my wastegate(internal) and compressor.....all i can see from pics is theres a knob....do u turn in clockwise to turn up the psi... :confused:

boostedb16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have three springs a 5,7,9 psi spring when i go to the dyno i am putting the 9 in.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
just keep in the 9 psi spring....9 psi SHOULDNT hurt ur engine.....

boostedb16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea, i heard that under 10 on stock internals on a b16 is the best way to go on a good tune.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
boostedb16 said:
yea, i heard that under 10 on stock internals on a b16 is the best way to go on a good tune.
on a big t4?

its not about psi. its about cfm which is factored in by the size of the turbo. hp breaks things, not psi.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
boostedb16 said:
so what would be safe with a t3.
on a typical t3 a wild GUESS would be 8psi or 10 at the most.......tuning is also a HUGE factor that can make or break you as well.

boostedb16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so what did you mean when you said on a big t4?, i am going with the 9 psi spring and staying with that, theres a dyno shop here that all they tune is hondata so i should be covered on the tuning part.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
8 psi might be fine on a small turbo, but if you go and put a big t4 or something on at 8psi, thats not going to work. and just because you are using hondata (which is good) you still need a reliable TUNER who knows his s**t

boostedb16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea, i have talked to everyone i could about tuning and everyone points in this guys direction, a friend of mine is putting down over 300 hp using hondata and the same guy tuned it and his car runs as good as it did before boost and its been like that for a couple of years now, and no his motor is not stock, but i figure this guy knows his s**t.